Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

Guest Col city fan

A simplistic response to that is that it doesn't mean he'll fail with us under Pearson! Many of our players haven't even played at Premier League level - that's not to say they won't succeed. With the way Jordi Gomez has played this season, I don't think it's too much of a risk. But then it depends how much Wigan would sell him for, if they were to. The higher the price-tag, the bigger the risk, obviously.

Can't agree. Gomez wasn't an ever-present in the Wigan Premiership season and has only started to show any sort of form under Rosler. Previous to that, Wigan have had a poor season vis a vis expectation. I think we have better and can do better.

Will Buckley at Brighton. He's out of contract at the end of the season and would be a steal on a free. Always liked him and appears to have put his injuries behind him. A talented player.

I like Buckley but he isn't better than James, Drinkwater and King.

Will Buckley at Brighton. He's out of contract at the end of the season and would be a steal on a free. Always liked him and appears to have put his injuries behind him. A talented player.

Out of contract? He signed a new deal last year until 2017.

I like Buckley but he isn't better than James, Drinkwater and King.

But is Kasper better than Vardy? That's about a relevant a point as that because Buckley's not a centre midfielder; he's a winger :thumbup: . Not a bad option to have.

Like Col said Jordi Gomez has only started to show some form since Rosler came in. Wigan fans don't rate him that much and he's been booed by his own fans quite a bit this season.

Didn't some of our fans boo Drinkwater last year?

Guest Col city fan

Didn't some of our fans boo Drinkwater last year?

Its not about the booing. I simply don't think Gomez is any better than what we have already. I believe that to be the case.

I will repeat, I couldn't see Pearson touching him in a million years.

I've had a change of heart and downgraded from never in a million years, to possible but unlikely after listening to Nige the last few days.

W

Morrison?

Yeah... just hearing Pearson talk about difficult characters etc on the phone in and at the awards. So long as the player always puts in 100% on the pitch and for the team then I think he'd take on more difficult characters. Whether Morrison is like that I don't know.

One thing I took away from last night's moan-in was that :pearson: is wanting to bring in a few faces by July.

Of all the names mentioned by people on this thread, I think the one I'd like to look at is Cresswell at Ipswich.

However, we need to find that balance and not forget the Premiership needs a bit of experience too. Personally, know he is probably good enough to get into most Premiership sides anyway, but Lescott. Not many share his CV on a free - so, yes, looking forward to August already. In Nigel we trust.

Cov fan at work reckons Calum Wilson is going to go all the way.

Just don't know whether he is a bit of a risk for us.

I'd sooner we didn't give them any financial help.

I don't fancy our chances should we be playing a 3rd division player at the highest level, Vardy may find the step up difficult, having 2 of them struggling could see us down by Christmas.

Archived