Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

If we're looking to bolster the squad, I wouldn't mind Deeney from Watford.

Wouldn't cost the earth and is a real handful - can strike a ball from various heights and would be a good option off the bench.

Don't expect too many to agree but the thread does say realistic :-)

The bit I don't get is off the bench if we get a striker we need.

A a proven prem quality.

B a first choice type

C buying in a bench player adds nothing to our squad.

The bit I don't get is off the bench if we get a striker we need.

A a proven prem quality.

B a first choice type

Quite. Surely play the better player on the pitch and leave the player that is replaced on the bench? :dunno:

Quite. Surely play the better player on the pitch and leave the player that is replaced on the bench? :dunno:

Just my thinking.

the only mid 20's player we should look to buy for the bench is a keeper.

Any 24/5//6 yr old we buy should be for the starting 11 not the bench.

By strengthening the starting 11 we strengthen the bench.

Just my thinking.

the only mid 20's player we should look to buy for the bench is a keeper.

Any 24/5//6 yr old we buy should be for the starting 11 not the bench.

By strengthening the starting 11 we strengthen the bench.

Quite.

If we're looking to bolster the squad, I wouldn't mind Deeney from Watford.

Wouldn't cost the earth and is a real handful - can strike a ball from various heights and would be a good option off the bench.

Don't expect too many to agree but the thread does say realistic :-)

Possibly the oddest thing I've seen put forward as an argument in favour of signing a player... 

No Joe Cole please. He has not been at his best for years Mourinho ruined him when he was at Chelsea, by playing him on the wing as he did not have pace. He would have been better off going to Manchester United or Arsenal at the time as they played great attacking football.

Christian Atsu would be a great additon out wide. I would not mind us going for Robert Snodgrass or Anthony Pilkington from Norwich. In Defence I would take Kenneth Omerou on loan from Chelsea, he impressed me at the Confederations Cup. Not sure how he has been doing for Middlesborough though. Daniel Williams as a DM would be good for us.

Would not mind having Jesse Lingard back on loan or  bringing back Matty Fryatt if he does not sign a new contract at Hull.

We bought lots of bench players this year, would you say that added nothing to the squad?

I know what you are saying and it is correct but I don't think it's right saying buying a bench player adds nothing to the squad. Clearly improving the bench improves the overall quality of the squad.

I hope we get some big bastard that we've never heard of, from like Club Brugge or FC Groningen. 

Richairo zivkovic :thumbup:

Mate has been in holland for a couple of years reckons this lad is the next big thing in european football, only 17 played 30 times in the dutch prem,

If football manager is anything to go buy he's absolutely immense with a £500k buy out haha :scarf:

EDIT: Signed for ajax a month ago

Richairo zivkovic :thumbup:

Mate has been in holland for a couple of years reckons this lad is the next big thing in european football, only 17 played 30 times in the dutch prem,

If football manager is anything to go buy he's absolutely immense with a £500k buy out haha :scarf:

EDIT: Signed for ajax a month ago

Now that you've mentioned it, RonnieTodger has heard of him. So that's out the window.

We bought lots of bench players this year, would you say that added nothing to the squad?

I know what you are saying and it is correct but I don't think it's right saying buying a bench player adds nothing to the squad. Clearly improving the bench improves the overall quality of the squad.

That's sort of what I ment - the thread says realistic.

Deeney isn't the best but he might be a good addition to the overall squad and give us a different option in a game where things aren't going our way or when we need to see things out for points.

Pearson probably won't have loads to spend ( by premier standards) but may feel he needs to buy one really good striker and a cut price or loan as well - it depends on his budget and where else he needs to strengthen.

Possibly the oddest thing I've seen put forward as an argument in favour of signing a player...

cheers ealing - what I mean is, he's quite an instinctive striker and is not afraid to take a shot on.

Sometimes strikers take an extra touch, wait for the ball to drop to the ground before hitting it or run it too far and get tackled - as much as I love him, knocky has done a fair bit of this.

This extra touch can allow the player to be caught or closed down - Deeney will always take the shot on.

This doesn't always work of course:-)

I can spot a player for the future better than most, so listen up, this guy is gonna be a big big star,

we should buy him immediately.

We need to sign him, polish him up and he will shine big time for us in the premiership.

(ROHAN INCE) Brighton midfielder. 

Pearson will tap into a completely unknown league like Lithuania. We're all so braced for him raiding Belgium, France & Holland that he's going to deliberately make sure he avoids those.

I heard whilst eyes are on the WC, NP and Walsh are off Venezuela.

I can spot a player for the future better than most, so listen up, this guy is gonna be a big big star,

we should buy him immediately.

We need to sign him, polish him up and he will shine big time for us in the premiership.

(ROHAN INCE) Brighton midfielder.

Interesting, he did look go against us this season at the AMEX. Bridcutt a similar player look superb last season but he's struggled for Sunderland, I thought he'd be an instant hit there.

Archived