Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

Some great players in this benfica vs sevilla game.

Can we realistically afford any of them?

Rakitic is super

I'm sure we could as they're both selling clubs, Benfica less so. Rakitic though; no chance. He's finally hit his stride and the big boys are after him now. I'd love him here.

Guest Col city fan

Billy Jones released by West Brom. Fairly average but with versatility and Premier League experience he would be useful backup to RDL.

Doesn't 'players released' suggest something? West Brom are no better than us IMO. So why would Billy Jones be good enough for us and not for West Brom?

Just another way of looking at it.

The only way this would work is if Nige can see\get something out of the player that others couldn't. Which is feasible I guess.

Doesn't 'players released' suggest something? West Brom are no better than us IMO. So why would Billy Jones be good enough for us and not for West Brom?

The only way this would work is if Nige can see\get something out of the player that others couldn't. Which is feasible I guess.

To be fair he turn down a deal so is leaving on a free rather than being released.

The WBA fans I know don't know why they've released him, suggest it's just poor management and organisation.

He's not a great player, he's average as hell, but experience and versatility are valuable qualities. We can't be spending millions on fees and wages for backup players and we don't have an established back up right back.

This is the "realistic" signings thread. He's not someone I'm salivating over, just someone I could envisage being useful.

Guest Col city fan

The WBA fans I know don't know why they've released him, suggest it's just poor management and organisation.

He's not a great player, he's average as hell, but experience and versatility are valuable qualities. We can't be spending millions on fees and wages for backup players and we don't have an established back up right back.

This is the "realistic" signings thread. He's not someone I'm salivating over, just someone I could envisage being useful.

Fair enough mate.. good post

I'd definitely take him. Like you say he's versatile and experienced at this level. Was meant to be the next big thing but his lack of pace has held him back. Reckon he'd be much better in the middle. Ideal squad player though.

Try no management.

Why with no manager would you release players.

Who knows what the new man wants.

Some times poor (or what seem poor) players come through under a new manager.

Archived