Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

If we threw all the money we had at Ashley cole, anyone think he'd consider. I'd e happy to pay him 80k for 2 years rather then sign 3 average players

Wouldn't want him, he'd be completely uninterested just like Dennis Wise was. On 80k it'd cause issues in the camp too!

He's asked for a transfer from Stoke. Premier League experience and a physical midfielder. 

Could well be worth a punt

His 3rd transfer request in 3 seasons Stoke are not a big enough club for him apparently

Craig Noone could be worth a punt but will likely have a price tag. He's look impressive in an impressively shite Cardiff side this season.

One player I had always liked even in his Forest days was Gareth McCleary. He gave Jeff Schlupp a rough ride at left back against us and he always seems to cause problems.

If - and by the looks of things when - we get Albrighton we may not need another winger but if Lloyd goes a fourth option would be good to have.

He's asked for a transfer from Stoke. Premier League experience and a physical midfielder. 

Think that's because he wants European football. Can see him going to someone like Spurs or Everton.

As somebody else said he'll be leaving for European football.

This isn't a stupid rumour or anything just wondering how many of you would take Ashley Cole if we had the chance to?

Personally I'd take him in a heartbeat as long as his wages weren't too stupid

But they would be....that's why he won't be playing for us.

Sandro the spurs defensive midfielder 7-8m

Creswell the Ipswich left back 3-4m

Richards the Man city center back 6-7m

Zaha the man united winger 6-7m

Striker is a position I struggle to think of a player I think we could afford someone like Bony, obviously not him but that type of player.

Goalie we just need decent back up if jasper stays on.

30-40m investment needed to be comfortable on our return to the premier league.

tumblr_m95r2ftZFv1qmszndo1_400.jpg

Surely, 80k a week, two or three year contract. 8,320,000. For a player of his ability, for 2/3 seasons work including wages.. Or we could sign soemone shit for 4 million and pay him half as much.. and it would equal the same amount :L haha..  I know what I'd rather have.

Surely, 80k a week, two or three year contract. 8,320,000. For a player of his ability, for 2/3 seasons work including wages.. Or we could sign soemone shit for 4 million and pay him half as much.. and it would equal the same amount :L haha..  I know what I'd rather have.

Yes. But even if we offered him that he isn;t going to come to Leicester.

Reality check required.

Besides which, if you still insist on questioning that rather obvious logic, he was quoted a saying he wanted to go somewhere where he would continue to have fun and win. He'l go to Real Madrid or PSG, somewhere like that. 

Yes. But even if we offered him that he isn;t going to come to Leicester.

Reality check required.

Besides which, if you still insist on questioning that rather obvious logic, he was quoted a saying he wanted to go somewhere where he would continue to have fun and win. He'l go to Real Madrid or PSG, somewhere like that. 

I wasn't saying that he would join us, I was stating that people who said we couldn't afford 80k a week are wrong. lol, thanks for trying to bite my head off :P sheeeeeeeeesh  :nigel:

I think its safe to say from what our owners have hinted at that we could potentially afford that if that was what we were after, but having a player on 80k/week has a lot more implications than just making the owners wallet a bit lighter. 

Bringing in a player on double the salary of anyone else at the club would do nothing but cause unrest. On top of that, when the younger players like Schlupp see that the club is willing to splash the cash on an ageing replacement for them who's going to be a starter week in week out (to justify his cost), they're going to lose the will to push them for their starting place and we lose an aspect of our club which is really starting to come on in recent seasons.

Cole to Leicester isn't happening, and has never been realistic in any way whatsoever, so can we stop talking about him in this thread now?

I wasn't saying that he would join us, I was stating that people who said we couldn't afford 80k a week are wrong. lol, thanks for trying to bite my head off :P sheeeeeeeeesh  :nigel:

Soz  lol

Archived