Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

Sandro the spurs defensive midfielder 7-8m

Creswell the Ipswich left back 3-4m

Richards the Man city center back 6-7m

Zaha the man united winger 6-7m

Striker is a position I struggle to think of a player I think we could afford someone like Bony, obviously not him but that type of player.

Goalie we just need decent back up if jasper stays on.

30-40m investment needed to be comfortable on our return to the premier league.

Aye up! Sven's back! :ph34r:

Ben Hamer - Free

Billy Jones - Free

Marc Albrighton - Free

Tomas Kalas - Loan

Grezegorz Krychowiak - £3m

Ryan Gauld - £800k

Wissam Ben Yedder - £4m

Not too bad that, nice and affordable amount for Nigel.

Ben Hamer - Free

Billy Jones - Free

Marc Albrighton - Free

+

Tomas Kalas - Loan

Grezegorz Krychowiak - £3m

Ryan Gauld - £800k

Wissam Ben Yedder - £4m

Not too bad that, nice and affordable amount for Nigel.

Do you know something we don't King?

The list of players we are after is quite interesting. A great deal of the players will never come to fruition as it will be pure agent talk.

Then there is the list of players we actually want. I would think that we would be lucky to get 20% of those.

So some of the stories on here of who we are after will be true, but a large percentage don't come off as the players have 4 or 5 options.

Quite scary to think that most managers have lots of targets, yet get very few and then end up with completely different players to who they were originally after.

Guest Col city fan

The likes of Jones and Albrighton are ok. We do need a bigger squad and I'm sure they would do fine. But neither excite. Neither make me drool at the thought of the forthcoming season.

I'm now looking forward to the thought of signing an exciting player. Someone out of the relative top drawer. A playmaker, a genuinely skillfull, clearly Premiership quality player. The right one, of course..

Give it time, but over the next month or so I'd liketo see us genuinely linked with someone who has the class to take the club to the next level.

Not someone 'released' or 'surplus to requirements', but someone we will pretty much know is now going to kick us on. Not many.. we don't want big time charlies..but someone with real class. A player who will make me think, as a season ticket holder. . 'Yep, that's the one'.

:thumbup:

I think the real deals will come after the world cup.  Lots of players will be on display from places other than the normal leagues and nations you don't follow.

That Molla Wague from Caen we were linked with on some random news site and appeared in the transfer section of the forum was subject of a sky sports article this morning. Said Palace, Brentford and Norwich were all after him.

That Molla Wague from Caen we were linked with on some random news site and appeared in the transfer section of the forum was subject of a sky sports article this morning. Said Palace, Brentford and Norwich were all after him.

I'll ask him x

The likes of Jones and Albrighton are ok. We do need a bigger squad and I'm sure they would do fine. But neither excite. Neither make me drool at the thought of the forthcoming season.

I'm now looking forward to the thought of signing an exciting player. Someone out of the relative top drawer. A playmaker, a genuinely skillfull, clearly Premiership quality player. The right one, of course..

Give it time, but over the next month or so I'd liketo see us genuinely linked with someone who has the class to take the club to the next level.

Not someone 'released' or 'surplus to requirements', but someone we will pretty much know is now going to kick us on. Not many.. we don't want big time charlies..but someone with real class. A player who will make me think, as a season ticket holder. . 'Yep, that's the one'.

:thumbup:

I understand what you are saying, but there is a narrow division between 'Yep, that's the one and a big time Charlie. If he is that exciting then he is likely to be expensive.

Probably gonna get shot down here but did Peter Whittingham have a decent season for Cardiff? Always rated him at championship level and if he was good enough for the prem he'd probably be up for a move?

No he didn't and certainly not good enough for us, the only player I would like from Cardiff is Fraizer Campbell.

Joleon Lescott is apparently prepared to take a 50% (45k) pay cut to leave Man City. Clubs chasing the defender are Aston Villa, West Ham and Hull.

A move to Aston Villa seems unlikely as they are penniless, so we could "out-muscle" them, so to speak. West Ham are on the decline and couldn't offer a better deal to him then we could. Hull, are simply put, a smaller club then Leicester. Yes they are in Europe, but for how long? We are on the rise and could offer a brilliant challenge for the experienced Lescott. I think we could turn his head away from the above mentioned.

Archived