Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

Would love Lescott here... won't happen though. He'll definitely get offers from bigger clubs than us.

If it was only the clubs I mentioned above interested and we also made a bid I think we would have a good chance of signing him, unfortunately I can see someone like Spurs going for him and we cannot compete against them in the transfer market yet.

I think some of us are getting ahead of ourselves, there's 19 other premiership clubs and the majority of them will be willing to spend more money on wages than us.

Lescott wouldn't move here.

If it was only the clubs I mentioned above interested and we also made a bid I think we would have a good chance of signing him, unfortunately I can see someone like Spurs going for him and we cannot compete against them in the transfer market yet.

West Ham, decline or not are still a bigger club than us... for now!

I suppose it depends on what kind of character Joleon is. I'm not for one moment suggesting we will sign him, just sharing what I know. It is also very likely that many more clubs then the three I mentioned are monitoring him, but I know those three are, I have no idea who else. Probably the whole Premier League. Up against the three I did mention I'd say we would have as good a chance as any of them if not better of getting him. Won't hold my breath mind.

I am sure some of you are aware of this site but for those that aren't it is very interesting to see who is off contract as well as perceived market value for various players.  Some really good quality players around the globe are out of contract and would add significantly to this thread.  I wont name them you can search and then discuss.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/geruechte/aktuellegeruechte/statistik

Bafetimbi Gomis, Martin Olsson and Jack Colback are both free agents now

All two of them great suggestions. :D

In all seriousness, Gomis is a similarly good shout to Gignac - French Ligue 1 striker who could see his last chance of taking a shot at the Premier League (Gomis is 29).

Olsson or Colback as a replacement for Konchesky, maybe?

All two of them great suggestions. :D

In all seriousness, Gomis is a similarly good shout to Gignac - French Ligue 1 striker who could see his last chance of taking a shot at the Premier League (Gomis is 29).

Olsson or Colback as a replacement for Konchesky, maybe?

Talk of 100k a week for gomis.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastles-bafetimbi-gomis-transfer-chase-3584301

:sick:

£5m a year just on wages.

What has the world come to?

Let Newcastle have him - they already are a Ligue 1 team, after all.

So, if we had a chance to sign either of Ulloa or Gomis, who do we splash out on? The reported £7 million on Ulloa plus wages, who scored 16 in 38 last season in the Championship, or Gomis on a free on the reported £100k a week, who scored 17 in 43 in Ligue 1?

So, if we had a chance to sign either of Ulloa or Gomis, who do we splash out on? The reported £7 million on Ulloa plus wages, who scored 16 in 38 last season in the Championship, or Gomis on a free on the reported £100k a week, who scored 17 in 43 in Ligue 1?

Technically, Gomis would command £5m a year in wages, and I can't see him sign for one year only. Two to three years would be more realistic - that's £10m to £15m gone already.  :S

I doubt we'd go for Ulloa with an alleged £7m price tag.

Personally, it's a gamble with both. If Gomis' wages were about 50% lower, then I'd give him the nod. But only just.

Also, seeing that both are in their late 20ies, it'd be tougher to sell them on for a profit (if necessary) after two years or so - harsh, I know.

Technically, Gomis would command £5m a year in wages, and I can't see him sign for one year only. Two to three years would be more realistic - that's £10m to £15m gone already. :S

I doubt we'd go for Ulloa with an alleged £7m price tag.

Personally, it's a gamble with both. If Gomis' wages were about 50% lower, then I'd give him the nod. But only just.

Also, seeing that both are in their late 20ies, it'd be tougher to sell them on for a profit (if necessary) after two years or so - harsh, I know.

Apparently Newcastle have offered Gomis £85k, agree with you on the profit issue but then we'd just end up with a team full of youngsters with potential, but probably no experience.

Is he the Brazil full back come centre back from Spartak or the Kiwi winger that went to the Bundesliga?

The winger. Although he's now in Stuttgart II

Another guy who gets really, really good on fm.

Is he the Brazil full back come centre back from Spartak or the Kiwi winger that went to the Bundesliga?

The latter mate. Had a few injuries in the last 18 months but I was convinced he was going to be one of the best Southern Hemisphere players and I'd take a punt on him!

Archived