Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

Pearson said at the end of the season he wil buy a few to help the current team.

It does look like he will carry on with last seasons team in the main, and see where we go.

None of the signings so far are replacements, more squad players with a bit of premier league experience.

The only different signing we have is Hamer, who is a medium term replacement for Kasper should we go down.

Pearson obviously believes we have a chance with last seasons team.

Interesting I was speaking to an ex premier league manager the other week and he said we were good enough to stay up with our current squad and Pearson would just need to buy a bit of premier league experience to go into the mix, but not disturb the main group.

Interesting I was speaking to an ex premier league manager the other week and he said we were good enough to stay up with our current squad and Pearson would just need to buy a bit of premier league experience to go into the mix, but not disturb the main group.

When you say EX prem manager, one that was sacked? lol

Interesting though, I generally agree but I do think we need a couple of team improvers as well as experienced squad fillers

I think berahino from west brom would be a quality signing, young, premiership experience, goal scorer, cheaper than the like of ulloa if priced at 7 million but two completely different player styles

Good shout that

Given our dealings over the last few days, I think we now need the following to be ready for the season opener.

-Prolific (if possible), target man striker.

-Attacking midfielder (although Knocky may suffice) to sit in the hole re:4-2-3-1. Nick Powell on loan.

-Defensive midfielder for the games against the tougher opposition. (That polish lad from Reims sounds decent).

-Centre half. Craig Dawson fits the bill.

-Left back, although I think Jeff will step up this year.

With these rumours about Brighton demanding £7m for Ulloa and Leeds demanding £8m for McCormack, do you think we'd be better suited spending that sort of money on a striker that has top level experience and has shown they are capable goalscorers at this level? The Fraizer Campbell rumour just doesn't excite me at all!

Take Fabio Borini for instance. I'm a long time admirer of his since watching him come through the Chelsea academy. Last season, he was the stand out player in a bang average Sunderland side and is arguably the biggest reason for them staying up, but has now returned to Liverpool. He's never going to get in the Liverpool side with Suarez Sturridge and Sterling ahead of him, and he doesn't quite fit in to the Liverpool style of play.

So my question is, would you take him if Liverpool were asking £7/8m over Ulloa and McCormack (If the club was willing to spend that sort of money on 1 player)?

If not, can you suggest any other strikers of that ilk, you'd like to see at the club?

Has anyone mentioned Wilson from Cov? 21 league goals this season. If we can get him cheap we could put him on loan for a season to a Championship club.

Archived