Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

McCormack would do **** all in the premier league, he's the type of striker who will struggle to make the step up, he's deceptively slow and pace is something a striker of his stature needs to be successful amongst the elite.

Danny Ings will struggle next season too, in Jamie Vardy I believe we have the only striker out of the three clubs going up who will get goals next season, far too often do you see a top championship striker make way to the premier league and fall flat on their face.

because McCormack would be shit and vastly overpriced in the Premier League, when a player has been around as long as McCormack and no one has taken a punt on him yet that should tell you all you need to know

McCormack would do **** all in the premier league, he's the type of striker who will struggle to make the step up, he's deceptively slow and pace is something a striker of his stature needs to be successful amongst the elite.

Danny Ings will struggle next season too, in Jamie Vardy I believe we have the only striker out of the three clubs going up who will get goals next season, far too often do you see a top championship striker make way to the premier league and fall flat on their face.

Not completely, premiership strikers need to be technical & ruthless if they are to be classed as a good prem striker. RVP, Suarez, Adebayor, Giroud?

Seem to remember in January the only thing keeping McCormack at Leeds was McDermott, and now he's gone, McCormack will probably go

Do you think Pearson will go in for him though? I don't think he'll pick McCormack or Ulloa, as I reckon when he said that we wouldn't know any of his target signings, it may have meant the 'star' or big money moves he placing. I can imagine a couple more out-of-contract Prem players and possibly Fraizer Campbell if we can get him for £1 million, before moving for a larger foreign deal, possibly Delort.

because McCormack would be shit and vastly overpriced in the Premier League, when a player has been around as long as McCormack and no one has taken a punt on him yet that should tell you all you need to know

.....Rickie Lambert

Why will Ings struggle and Vardy not? Ings is quick, strong, decent in the air and he's technique is better than it looks. Not saying he will do well but he's probably the best equipped to make the step up. Still, I reckon Vards could be excellent next year.

.....Rickie Lambert

yeah a very rare story and he had 1 season in the championship not 5 or 6 like McCormack he is also more of a physical target man, McCormack doesn't have the pace to step up

yeah a very rare story and he had 1 season in the championship not 5 or 6 like McCormack he is also more of a physical target man, McCormack doesn't have the pace to step up

True. I still like the look of McCormack though. Think him playing a similar role that Nugent has in behind Vardy would work and he's a Pearson type player.

He knows where the net is and has got an eye for the spectacular also

would he be better than Nugent in that role? Maybe, are either good enough for the prem? No Knocky in that role behind Vardy would be better then either of the 2 mentioned, for the money it would cost to get McCormack it would be another Akinibiyi

Do you think Pearson will go in for him though? I don't think he'll pick McCormack or Ulloa, as I reckon when he said that we wouldn't know any of his target signings, it may have meant the 'star' or big money moves he placing. I can imagine a couple more out-of-contract Prem players and possibly Fraizer Campbell if we can get him for £1 million, before moving for a larger foreign deal, possibly Delort.

Yeah I agree, I'm not sure McCormack will come here, but I think if there is interest on our part, it may be a whole lot easier to get the deal done now than this time yesterday. But yeah, this Delort story may have legs, and I hope they do, he looks a class act from what little I've seen of him. And as people keep saying, the last two Ligue 2 signings we made haven't turned out badly

would he be better than Nugent in that role? Maybe, are either good enough for the prem? No Knocky in that role behind Vardy would be better then either of the 2 mentioned, for the money it would cost to get McCormack it would be another Akinibiyi

We won't know that till he has played at that level but imo, I think he will thrive at that level, has got that quality imo, played in a piss poor Leeds side and still managed 28 goals and 10 assists with better caliber of players which we have granted the level will still be a step up I still think he will do well, would be a striker I would like to sign.

Get Campbell in as well, as a back up to Vardy.

Not completely, premiership strikers need to be technical & ruthless if they are to be classed as a good prem striker. RVP, Suarez, Adebayor, Giroud?

Yea, I was referring to his stature and style of play, to be successful in the premier league he needs an extra yard of pace! I'm convinced he would flop.

Why will Ings struggle and Vardy not? Ings is quick, strong, decent in the air and he's technique is better than it looks. Not saying he will do well but he's probably the best equipped to make the step up. Still, I reckon Vards could be excellent next year.

Ings is 50/50 for me, I can see him bagging around 10 a season, but not enough to ensure safety, Vardy is something else, not so much his pace but his tenacity and energy makes him almost impossible to mark on his day, too many defenders like to dwell on the ball in the PL, and I think Vardy will give them nightmares!

Archived