Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

Dawson shit?.. the times he's looked suspect this year is against the top strikers in the premiership, who we dont really need to match. We need to match the teams that would be around us, not Liverpool man city etc. To call someone who has been on the fringe of the national team for years (albeit not atm) shit is pretty strange imo

Dawson shit?.. the times he's looked suspect this year is against the top strikers in the premiership, who we dont really need to match. We need to match the teams that would be around us, not Liverpool man city etc. To call someone who has been on the fringe of the national team for years (albeit not atm) shit is pretty strange imo

Dawson has struggled against the poorer teams too. He is shit.

I  think our current defenders are great, but incredibly slow. I can see Was/Wes getting caught out by the better strikers, which is where Moore could be very helpful. I don't see Dawson as a great alternative as I simply can't see where he'd fit in. I bet he'd want a load of money, too. Further, he'd want to prove himself nearer the top of the table, I reckon. He'll go to a mid-table club and do well/okay. 

Would take Sigurdson and Chadli. Dawson is average, and I don't get the Holtby hype. Every time I've seen him he looks like a competition winner where the prize was to turn out for a team of your choice.

Been reading the quote from his agent!!

Reckons that he's been in conversation with "the VERY ambitious chairman of an ambitious PL team"...

Rules out quite a few teams. After all, you wouldn't label the likes of the top 4-5 clubs as being 'ambitious', and there's a number of Chairmen up and down the Prem who can't really be considered as 'very ambitious': (Gold or Ashley for example)!

When I first read the article I immediately thought of Vichai, (as you do), but dismissed it from mind, thinking it was most likely the guy at Swansea, (Jenkins is it)?... Turns out though that they're after the guy from Twente....thoughts??

Here's a sky rumour about him http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11685/9331980/transfer-news-five-premier-league-clubs-chasing-french-striker-bafetimbi-gomis

Agent is Willie McKay and he says he's been speaking to 5 Prem teams. Probably out of our league to be honest but would be a great signing!

I personally said this should be someone who we should be aiming for a while ago! Didn't play much first half of the season yet still scored plenty of goals! Anyone fancy Jack Colback & Adam Johnson aswell? Claims the pair are suppose to be leaving, I would love them both here!

Wow. Totally agree with you there. £1.5 mill is an absolute steal. Sunderland are making some good additions to be fair.

That's not much of an endorsement.

To be honest, they've been linked with some decent players, not like the ones they signed a few years ago. The likes of Lescott, Dawson, Gomis, Barry, Williams are all good quality players, apart from Gomis, the rest are experienced with at least a couple more years of Premiership football in them.

Jordi Gomez (free), Billy Jones (free) and Jordan Mutch (£1.5mil) is good business. Poyet seems to be already clearing up Di Canio's mess. Can see Sunderland being a fair bit stronger and finishing a bit further up the table next year.

No, haven't 'purposely' missed that out! As I understand it, Newcastle were very interested some months ago. It's just that I don't conside rMike Ashley as a 'very ambitious' chairman....probably I'm off the mark, and yes, he would demand a good wage,but I honestly don't think that someone of his reputation is any longer unrealistic, given our 'new' status and our board's ambitions! TBH QPR might be a bigger threat to any chance of signing him!

I think you're reading too much in to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One player who looks a real hot prospect is the young Seattle Sounders right back DeAndre Yedlin. Watched a few Sounders games online before and he looks a real talent. Also in the USA World Cup squad. He could be a good understudy to RDL and would be a relatively cheap acquisition coming from the MLS.

To everybody describing Jordan Mutch as a steal at £1.5m; that's nonsense...

He's worth a LOT more than that. That could turn out to be an unreal piece of business. He's got the game to be the perfect midfielder a bit like Yaya although he obviously needs refinement. Even £10 million for him would have been a decent deal.

To everybody describing Jordan Mutch as a steal at £1.5m; that's nonsense...

He's worth a LOT more than that. That could turn out to be an unreal piece of business. He's got the game to be the perfect midfielder a bit like Yaya although he obviously needs refinement. Even £10 million for him would have been a decent deal.

Only 22 aswell.

Archived