Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

To everybody describing Jordan Mutch as a steal at £1.5m; that's nonsense...

He's worth a LOT more than that. That could turn out to be an unreal piece of business. He's got the game to be the perfect midfielder a bit like Yaya although he obviously needs refinement. Even £10 million for him would have been a decent deal.

That's why he's a steal. Everyone concurred, as you rightly point out Sunderland pulled off a ridiculously cheap deal for a quality player.

To everybody describing Jordan Mutch as a steal at £1.5m; that's nonsense...

He's worth a LOT more than that. That could turn out to be an unreal piece of business. He's got the game to be the perfect midfielder a bit like Yaya although he obviously needs refinement. Even £10 million for him would have been a decent deal.

got to be some ridiculous add-ons with this or this is daylight robbery

That's why he's a steal. Everyone concurred, as you rightly point out Sunderland pulled off a ridiculously cheap deal for a quality player.

My point was that 'steal' doesn't even go near far enough!

Someone above said Thorgan Hazard

Good shout....

:thumbup:

Yes, because neither of you have ever seen him play but heard about him when Chelsea signed him and his brother. That's a good reason to sign him. I realise he's doing alright out on loan but it's very odd to chuck a name in that nobody has seen. 

Same with whoever mentioned Chadli, noone here has seen much of him at all and he hardly got on the pitch for Spurs.

Anyone got any suggestions they've actually seen a few times rather than heard the name of 18 months ago?

Guest Col city fan

Yes, because neither of you have ever seen him play but heard about him when Chelsea signed him and his brother. That's a good reason to sign him. I realise he's doing alright out on loan but it's very odd to chuck a name in that nobody has seen.

Same with whoever mentioned Chadli, noone here has seen much of him at all and he hardly got on the pitch for Spurs.

Anyone got any suggestions they've actually seen a few times rather than heard the name of 18 months ago?

No, I'm not a scout. Are you?

I can still read reports, listen to the radio, get reviews from people who have seen him and try to weigh up whether someone has potential or not.

This is a forum of opinions, not complete facts.

Get your head out of your arris.

Completely agree mate.

Personally I'd like to see Freddy Adu tucked in behind Cherno Samba.

My view was based on the reviews he gets and his record last season.  Alright on loan is a bit of an understatement - something like 17 goals and 20 assists is excellent.  It's about an educated punt

Guest Col city fan

Completely agree mate.

Personally I'd like to see Freddy Adu tucked in behind Cherno Samba.

lol

Would anyone be keen on Steven Fletcher if Poyet deemed him surplus at Sunderland?

Actually, that is not a bad shout. I've always thought he is a decent player, seems realistic. Would not be my first option, but for a fair price & wage, why not?

Would anyone be keen on Steven Fletcher if Poyet deemed him surplus at Sunderland?

Mentioned this a while ago! He's not the animal of a target man that most want, however he is a very good target man & would probably get around 10

Goals! Would love Adam Johnson to!!!

Mentioned this a while ago! He's not the animal of a target man that most want, however he is a very good target man & would probably get around 10

Goals! Would love Adam Johnson to!!!

Sorry mate, didn't read back through all the pages to see the other suggestions but yep I totally agree. There are better strikers but he's always looked like a threat when I've seen him and definitely fits the target man mould I think we lack. Has Premiership experience and a better bet than Ulloa in my opinion. Really like Adam Johnson too but can't see him coming to us and with knocky, Mahrez and Albrighton I'm not sure we need him.

Just read that Sevilla don't want to take an option on Marko Marin - the German attacking midfielder is now returning to his parent club Chelsea.

How about a loan move to Leicester to cheer you up, Marko?

Guest Col city fan

Just read that Sevilla don't want to take an option on Marko Marin - the German attacking midfielder is now returning to his parent club Chelsea.

That would be nice..

Steven Fletcher is too injury prone and doesn't seem to be the hardest worker. Not for me

Spot on.

Great finisher but very injury prone.

I wouldn't take the risk

I can only dream. Far too good for us. 

Alex Buttner, Tom Cleverley and Nick Powell (loan) in a triple swoop from United

Don't rate Buttner, I have my own views on Tom Cleverly but I like the look of Nick Powell...1 out of 3 isn't bad though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about Jonathan "Urreta" Urretaviscaya?

From what I gather, his career has stalled a bit at Benfica and he's been playing in their "B" team lately.

He's still only 24 years old and a pacey winger for either flank, with good dribbling skills also.

Archived