Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

Don't rate Buttner, I have my own views on Tom Cleverly but I like the look of Nick Powell...1 out of 3 isn't bad though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buttner is surely better than what we have here, so he'd improve the team. Also, compared to the other left back we've been linked with (Cresswell) he must be as good as if not better? Purely basing this on the fact hes done OK for united when ive seen him. Cleverley receives a lot of unfortunate abuse imo, massive scapegoat. I can 100% see where your coming from, but think he'd fit in here and his 'average' united performances would soon turn into 'great' Leicester performances given the chance. Powell yeah, looks a great prospect

Buttner is surely better than what we have here, so he'd improve the team. Also, compared to the other left back we've been linked with (Cresswell) he must be as good as if not better? Purely basing this on the fact hes done OK for united when ive seen him. Cleverley receives a lot of unfortunate abuse imo, massive scapegoat. I can 100% see where your coming from, but think he'd fit in here and his 'average' united performances would soon turn into 'great' Leicester performances given the chance. Powell yeah, looks a great prospect

You might well be right! I do think we need a left back, it's the biggest area we need to improve on (as well as a striker). I'm a big fan of Cresswell I think he's been outstanding every time I've seen him this year and people don't get put in the team of the year for nothing. I think if we were to get Cresswell it gives us a platform to bring him on in the premier league and makes the difference (on paper) look a lot stronger. Looking at it I think you're right Buttner and Cresswell are better than what we have now so I couldn't grumble much at either, Sir Alex must have seen something in Buttner same for David Moyes and their a lot more experienced in these kind of things compared to you and me!

I'm not going to say anything about Cleverly because it just kicks off that discussion again and I can't be arsed with it haha, he might do well, or he genuinely is as bad as he's looked this season (which he has let's not beat around the bush..but I suppose all of united's midfield have been poor so it would be fair to call him a scapegoat, I get that), who knows.

I'd love Nick Powell I remember when he signed from Crew and everyone was raving about him, Wigan fans views have been mixed on him this year but they're in love with Waggy so I'm not listening to them pie eating SOB's at all. I think he'd be a class addition and it looks like he's got a goal or two in him.

Edit: Makes the DEFENCE on paper look stronger, not difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Col city fan

Agreed then. Mutch for £1.5 million is a brilliant piece of business.

Mutch for 1.5 million!!!

Blimey, what are Cardiff doing?

Hangeland was quality up until last season, however he wanted to leave last summer & handed in a couple of transfer requests in. As he felt the club was not going in the right direction. I personally believe his heart was not in it last year, hence the poor performances & the lack of leadership. However I think if we could snatch him up on a free transfer & get him loving his football again it could be a excellent addition. Was linked with arsenal last summer to so must have something going for him.

With those as our options I would yes yes we do very much need another CB. There is room in the 25 man squad for another one also.

Agree

Last season we had Was, Wes, Moore, Miquel, St ledger and Whitbread. While the latter two didn't feature much even if we signed Miquel I could see us signing a 6th CB. At the end of next season Was and Upson will likely be released and you want some continuity / succession planning.

How about Loaning Harry Kane back from Spurs.  He was excellent at the end of the season paired with Adebayor.  scored in 5 of the last six games.

With Pochehttino now the manager at Tottenham he will bring in his own players.  He currently has 3 strikers Adebayor, Soldado and Kane.  He is bound to bring in more and kane may not be in his plans.

How about Loaning Harry Kane back from Spurs.  He was excellent at the end of the season paired with Adebayor.  scored in 5 of the last six games.

With Pochehttino now the manager at Tottenham he will bring in his own players.  He currently has 3 strikers Adebayor, Soldado and Kane.  He is bound to bring in more and kane may not be in his plans.

doubt he'd let him go to be honest, he was very pro-english-youth at Saints so id image Levy wants him to do the same at Spurs. Done alright when given a chance this year I'd definitely take him back, regardless of how shite he was before

Archived