Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

Izeguiri?

lol  Fair play for trying to spell it without checking! You're a braver man than I am!  :D  But yes, he's a good player; had a few injuries at Celtic so that's why he's not moved south of the border sooner.

lol  Fair play for trying to spell it without checking! You're a braver man than I am!  :D  But yes, he's a good player; had a few injuries at Celtic so that's why he's not moved south of the border sooner.

Can't imagine him being overly popular down South after last night. I know it was only a friendly but how he didn't get sent off for that tackle/kick out on Sturridge I don't know. Straight red.

He's a good player though but has also just signed a new long term contract at Celtic.

If we get Campbell, then I would be very happy. Then a left back would be the most important thing! I think a left back of the Cresswell (Ipswich), Buttner (Man Utd) or Taylor (Swansea) would be very, very good. All very good, all young, all look realistic as well tbh.

Curtis Davies being linked to Sunderland. Would you have him back here? Done well at Hull

He'd command quite a lot of money each week. Not sure he represents great value for money, but he did do well with Hull as you said. Also, if he didn't want to be with us in the Championship, I reckon Nigel would question his attitude/commitment to us in the long-term. Having said that, I would probably have made the same choices as him, given the context. 

We need plenty of decent cover my picks would be

Sebastian Pocognoli      - LB/ LFB/ LWB

Anele                             - DM/ CM/ CB

Anthony Vanden Borre  - RB/ RFB/ DM/ CM

Theyd be cheap to get a few million, wages are low too...........or id go to celtic slap 10m on the table for Adam MatthewsCharlie Mulgrew, and Anthony Stokes, would help with the RB,CB and CM/DM positions, and then Stokes as a rotational striker with Nugent/ Vardy

One been saying this a lot. His form before Fulham bought him was outrageous. He's got huge potential and he's physically beastlike.

Fulham paid 12 million for him 6 months ago, 4 years left on his contract...  think he played very few games.  big money I think but yes , quality and a beast

We need plenty of decent cover my picks would be

Sebastian Pocognoli - LB/ LFB/ LWB

Anele - DM/ CM/ CB

Anthony Vanden Borre - RB/ RFB/ DM/ CM

Theyd be cheap to get a few million, wages are low too...........or id go to celtic slap 10m on the table for Adam Matthews, Charlie Mulgrew, and Anthony Stokes, would help with the RB,CB and CM/DM positions, and then Stokes as a rotational striker with Nugent/ Vardy

Out of all them the only one I would possibly consider is Charlie Mulgrew.

What are the chances of signing Dejagah from Fulham?

Depends on how he fares at the World Cup with Iran. With a couple of decent performances, his market value and the interest from other, more prolific clubs could rise in the matter of weeks, if not days.

He's definitely been one of the better players in a lacklustre Fulham side last season.

The problem is also the fact that we have a bit too many wingers for the right-hand side of the pitch and Dejagah would only add to that.

Hull have made an offer to Joleon Lescott but face competition from other clubs according to Sky; would love us to sign him!

Hard to say how good he'd be, he's not played regularly for a long time. And he'd probably want a fair bit of cash. Last contract realistically. If rather we went in for a faster centre back with a big bid, rather than Lescott who I don't see as much better than Wes.

Hard to say how good he'd be, he's not played regularly for a long time. And he'd probably want a fair bit of cash. Last contract realistically. If rather we went in for a faster centre back with a big bid, rather than Lescott who I don't see as much better than Wes.

Lescott is a far better player than Wes  :unsure:

I agree that we need to get a pacey CB in though.

Lescott is a far better player than Wes :unsure:

I agree that we need to get a pacey CB in though.

Far better? You sure? I'm not sure you can be so adamant. Wes never tested at a higher level. I think he's fantastic personally and the best centre back I've seen for us for a very long time.

People are very jaded about the 'step up' to the prem.

I personally think we should send Schlupp out on loan to the championship for a season to gain more experience and bring in a new lb and have Konchesky as back up, then when Konchesky goes at the end of the season Schlupp will come back with a seasons more experience and fight for a place.

Ridgewell would be a good shout on a free if he's not already been snapped up and he could also provide cover at cb.

Jonatan Soriano and Alan from RB Salzburg both scored a shit load last season too (all be it in the Austrian league).

For a striker I would make a big money move for Finnbogason. I know there can be a risk attached with strikers from the Dutch league but this guy looks class.

I wouldn't touch Lescott, too old and too expensive on wages and we already have Upson and Morgan so ideally I would prefer a younger cb alongside Moore to learn from Upson and Morgan. Michael Keane would be a decent addition as im not sure if he will play much at Man U. Garbutt from Everton would also be another shout,

And finally we need a top midfielder. I still think we need a Makelele sort of player that can sit and shield the defence while Mahrez and Knocky do their stuff. Barry would be perfect for this but wages would be an issue. A younger player similar to Barry would be perfect!

Far better? You sure? I'm not sure you can be so adamant. Wes never tested at a higher level. I think he's fantastic personally and the best centre back I've seen for us for a very long time.

People are very jaded about the 'step up' to the prem.

Behave

Archived