Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

Leroy Fer?

I saw a fair amount of him last year for Norwich, very good player IMO. He only signed last year though so unless he had a relegation clause in his contract Norwich might want big money.

Serey Die from Basel would be a good signing for us. Works hard and is a good defensive midfielder I would like to see him play alongside Drinkwater in midfield. I'd imagine that he'd cost less than £4 million to say the least.

Apart from the fact that both pundits and fans alike would take the piss out of him for his name, it's actually a good shout. Serey Die's a tremendous workhorse who covers both the CDM and CM area and occasionally pops up up front with a shot or two (not that he's the most gifted finisher). He's VERY tenacious, which sometimes leads to more problems than solutions. But he never gives up, has high stamina and gives a 110% for the club in every game.

However, it's unlikely Basel will sell him. He's their backbone holding everything together at the moment.

Well my scouting prowess just keeps on giving. 

Mentioned Jefferson Montero back in May, he was Ecuador's best player the other day. Mentioned John Anthony Brooks back about May time, and he has just scored the winner for the USA, from a set piece as well, something we lack at. I also mentioned Fabian Johnson, but he has already signed for another club. 

All I need now is Ioannis Fetfatzidis to rip it for Greece, or Divock Origi to rip it up for Belgium. 

Mentioned Jefferson Montero back in May, he was Ecuador's best player the other day. Mentioned John Anthony Brooks back about May time, and he has just scored the winner for the USA, from a set piece as well, something we lack at. I also mentioned Fabian Johnson, but he has already signed for another club. 

All I need now is Ioannis Fetfatzidis to rip it for Greece, or Divock Origi to rip it up for Belgium. 

I'm sorry, me lad. But the title for first mention of J.A. Brooks goes to... moi.  :cool:

Yes, lets sign that CB because he scored tonight

Hate it when people start bigging up defenders because they score goals. I'd love our centre backs to score more, but the most important thing is we have the best defender we can get in those positions, the goals are a bonus not a reason to sign.

Guest Col city fan

But I've been banging on about him more though ;)

To be fair Kf, youve made some good shouts recently.

:thumbup:

Good on FM is he?

He can play central or out wide(where his club use him most), but Belgium's spoilt for choice on the wings: Hazard; Chadli; Mirallas; and Januzaj. So no room there. Up front the Red Devil's only use one man - with Benteke out that leaves Lukaku free to claim the role unchallenged and sheds light on the only reason Origi's in Brazil: As backup for that CF role. Don't expect to see him get more than the odd run out at the end of an already won match to let Lukaku rest. The gulf in class between the 2 means injury's the only way Origi will get a starting berth. I'd like to know what you've seen of him to hold him in such high regard (he's not awful, and yes he does have many years to improve but if you ask me he's declared for the wrong nation if he ever wants to break into the starting line up on a permanent basis).

Good on FM is he?

He can play central or out wide(where his club use him most), but Belgium's spoilt for choice on the wings: Hazard; Chadli; Mirallas; and Januzaj. So no room there. Up front the Red Devil's only use one man - with Benteke out that leaves Lukaku free to claim the role unchallenged and sheds light on the only reason Origi's in Brazil: As backup for that CF role. Don't expect to see him get more than the odd run out at the end of an already won match to let Lukaku rest. The gulf in class between the 2 means injury's the only way Origi will get a starting berth. I'd like to know what you've seen of him to hold him in such high regard (he's not awful, and yes he does have many years to improve but if you ask me he's declared for the wrong nation if he ever wants to break into the starting line up on a permanent basis).

I wouldn't know as I don't play shit games like that. 

But yeah Belgium are spoilt for choice out wide, and I can't see him getting much or any game time at this World Cup, and I've seen nothing of him at all.

I just like his name...

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, King"I should be a scout"Fox. lol

I've seen the other players in action.

But I came across the Belgium squad, and his name stood out, I keep imagining that guy from X Factor who calls out the names saying DIVOCK ORIGI.

I've seen the other players in action.

But I came across the Belgium squad, and his name stood out, I keep imagining that guy from X Factor who calls out the names saying DIVOCK ORIGI.

lol

As long as you don't try claiming more dubious credit for spotting talent if he ever comes good.

Mentioned Jefferson Montero back in May, he was Ecuador's best player the other day. 

He plays FIFA, takes it far too literally and is now denying it profusely because he's been rumbled. Que ridiculous excuses like "I like his name."

Hang on, he plays FIFA?!

And here was me thinking he was keeping an astute eye on Mexican football.

Think we do need a Creative central midfielder, that can also play on the left wing as well as a secondary position don't know who but that is the type of player we need.

Graham Dorrans, Chris Brunt or James Morrison would have been spot on for this a year or so ago but all 3 had shocking seasons for West Brom last year. Actually Morrison is more right sided, but the other 2 were both left sided central midfield players who have played outwide as well.

He plays FIFA, takes it far too literally and is now denying it profusely because he's been rumbled. Que ridiculous excuses like "I like his name." 

How many more times Finners, my Fifa disc is currently unreadable. 

Never heard of Divock Origi until I saw the Belgium World Cup squad was announced. 

Never heard of Divock Origi until I saw the Belgium World Cup squad was announced.

So you watched a YouTube video and passed on your insight to all of us.

A quick search of his name in your previous posts suggest you're telling the truth, but don't pretend you weren't gonna claim credit for spotting him if you weren't called out - you certainly didn't frame your initial suggestion of him smashing them in for Belgium as a joke considering it was placed alongside a well known up and coming Greek kid. Quit while you're not too far behind.

A quick search of his name in your previous posts suggest you're telling the truth, but don't pretend you weren't gonna claim credit for spotting him if you weren't called out - you certainly didn't frame your initial suggestion of him smashing them in for Belgium as a joke considering it was placed alongside a well known up and coming Greek kid. Quit while you're not too far behind.

But I brought his name up so I deserve the credit. 

But on this occasion I did only do it because he has an epic name.

I've known about Giannis Fetfatzidis for a while though.

Archived