Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

Guest Col city fan

What? The joint top scorer at the Confederations Cup and averaging 1 goal every 2 games for Brazil? Yup, utter pants...

No. The striker who, playing for the favourites to win the tournament, after just two games has gone out to 80-1 with the bookies to get tournament top scorer.

That's 80-1!

lol

I guess they don't think he's gonna score many either?

To the twit that mentioned Fred, I genuinely can't believe that he could be a Brazil striker. He looks utter pants. I think Brazil won't win the World Cup because, Neymar aside, they have nothing up front. Fred came off, to be replaced by Jo!

Fooks sake...

Is there any need for name calling? Does nothing for your point, Col. I remember it wasn't too long ago you were decrying all the name-calling in the Redknapp debates.

No. The striker who, playing for the favourites to win the tournament, after just two games has gone out to 80-1 with the bookies to get tournament top scorer.

That's 80-1!

lol

I guess they don't think he's gonna score many either?

I think you've summed up your own point by mentioning '2 games' chap. No mention of his 17 in 34 for them, no?

To the twit that mentioned Fred, I genuinely can't believe that he could be a Brazil striker. He looks utter pants. I think Brazil won't win the World Cup because, Neymar aside, they have nothing up front. Fred came off, to be replaced by Jo!

Fooks sake...

the guy is a goal machine, he did miss the last 4 months of the regular season with injury and may explain his current slump in form, but his Brazil and club record is outstanding, 146 goals in 253 games for Mineiro, Cruzeiro, Lyon & Fluminense, then 17 goals in 35 caps for Brazil.

if that's pants well then I think there is no hope.

I'd love to know who you think is better than Fred who you think we have a chance of signing.

also just to clarify, we have no chance of signing Fred, man city, chelsea might have.

Guest Col city fan

the guy is a goal machine, he did miss the last 4 months of the regular season with injury and may explain his current slump in form, but his Brazil and club record is outstanding, 146 goals in 253 games for Mineiro, Cruzeiro, Lyon & Fluminense, then 17 goals in 35 caps for Brazil.

if that's pants well then I think there is no hope.

I'd love to know who you think is better than Fred who you think we have a chance of signing.

also just to clarify, we have no chance of signing Fred, man city, chelsea might have.

I've not once mentioned signing bloody Fred! lol

What I have said is that he looks pants, because he does..

That could change of course. But I maintain that Brazil may well struggle to win the World Cup because they have little up top. After Junior N, Fred and Jo don't look good enough. I stand to be corrected, as always.

If we're going off World Cup players, that Besic kid for Bosnia looked a great little player against the Argies the other night, only 21 and plays for Ferencvaros so can't imagine him costing a fortune if they're as in the mire as the were not long back. Defensive midfielder too.

Milan Badelj.

If we're going off World Cup players, that Besic kid for Bosnia looked a great little player against the Argies the other night, only 21 and plays for Ferencvaros so can't imagine him costing a fortune if they're as in the mire as the were not long back. Defensive midfielder too.

Both decent shouts. Let's make a triple swoop on Hamburg, the tripledecker The Mercury would call it.

Michael Mancienne and Pierre-Michel Lasogga from Hamburg. They've had a poor season and these two might fancy leaving them.

now lassoga would be a great signing, been watching him for a few years, has been linked with west ham and a few other lower premier league teams so why not.

now lassoga would be a great signing, been watching him for a few years, has been linked with west ham and a few other lower premier league teams so why not.

He's young and powerful, fits the bill for the target man role. He's much more than that as well. I hope we're scouting him.

See what I can do.....

I'm still recovering from Ecuador in 2006 pal - bad do....

Hahahaaa that's because you had 6 cans of Special Brew for breakfast you salad!! Hahahaaa, you were the pits that day. Nobody would have owt to do with you and I was lumbered with yer! Avent, Wardy, Bowny and a load of others are out.

Do you always base your player estimation on one game?

Besides, he's too old for a move to Europe now, he clearly loves it in his native Brazil and the fans want him to stay.

He is hugely popular back home.

Better than using FM and 2.30 mins of you tube high's like some do. lol lol lol

Eugenio Mena the Chile left-back has been excellent so far.

He was solid against Australia, and tonight his tracking back and getting forward was top notch, also he hardly let Pedro have a sniff. 

I'm more than happy to let Schlupp have a go, but we've mentioned getting a left-back before, I definitely wouldn't mind Mena. 

Archived