Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

With Pearson allegedly observing Mexico at the 2014 World Cup, who do you think will have most likely caught his eye?

GK Ochoa: Fantastic game against Brazil and out of contract, but with us already covered in that area with Schmeichel and Hamer, it's rather unlikely (or isn't it?)

LB Layun: Possible target as we are still lacking more quality on the left - no idea how much longer his contract is running at América (where he joined as early as 2010)

CB Rodriguez: Just joined América. Highly unlikely.

CB Moreno: Has a contract with Sociédad until 2016. Would be costly to buy him out. Unlikely, but not impossible.

CB Marquez: At age 35, highly likely to end his career in Mexico. No target.

RB Aguilar: No idea how long his contract with América is running. Joined the club in 2011. Possible target.

CM Herrera: Joined Porto last summer, unlikely to already move on again.

CM Vazquez: With Léon since 2012. Possible target.

LM/LW/LB Guardado: Just joined Leverkusen a few months ago. Likely to stay in the Bundesliga, so a no-go.

RM/RW/RF Dos Santos: Has a contract with Villarreal until 2017. Way too expensive to buy out. Highly unlikely.

ST Peralta: Just joined América. Highly unlikely.

I doubt we're in for Chicharito. Fabian's contract situation is a bit muddy.

And I don't see what Raul Jimenez would offer up front that we don't already have (although he could still be on that observation list, mind).

With Pearson allegedly observing Mexico at the 2014 World Cup, who do you think will have most likely caught his eye?

GK Ochoa: Fantastic game against Brazil and out of contract, but with us already covered in that area with Schmeichel and Hamer, it's rather unlikely (or isn't it?)

LB Layun: Possible target as we are still lacking more quality on the left - no idea how much longer his contract is running at América (where he joined as early as 2010)

CB Rodriguez: Just joined América. Highly unlikely.

CB Moreno: Has a contract with Sociédad until 2016. Would be costly to buy him out. Unlikely, but not impossible.

CB Marquez: At age 35, highly likely to end his career in Mexico. No target.

RB Aguilar: No idea how long his contract with América is running. Joined the club in 2011. Possible target.

CM Herrera: Joined Porto last summer, unlikely to already move on again.

CM Vazquez: With Léon since 2012. Possible target.

LM/LW/LB Guardado: Just joined Leverkusen a few months ago. Likely to stay in the Bundesliga, so a no-go.

RM/RW/RF Dos Santos: Has a contract with Villarreal until 2017. Way too expensive to buy out. Highly unlikely.

ST Peralta: Just joined América. Highly unlikely.

I doubt we're in for Chicharito. Fabian's contract situation is a bit muddy.

And I don't see what Raul Jimenez would offer up front that we don't already have (although he could still be on that observation list, mind).

Where has it been reported he was watching Mexico?

I don't know, I think I picked it up in another thread on here.

I may be totally wrong on this one, I actually hope someone puts it right and debunks it once and for all.

All I wanted to do is putting my lunch break to good use. :D

Like most football fans, i'd guess hes watching every match.

I doubt that he'd go for anyone that has actually featured at the world cup though, leave that to the moneybags clubs.

We'll pickup the kind of players they should be looking at while they are distracted with the world cup.

Do we really need a centre back as we have four already

yes but 3 of them are getting on a bit. Upson and Was are only short term solutions, Dawson could be a long term solution. However I don't think we could guarentee him playing every week so don't know if he would come

Do we really need a centre back as we have four already

If you are willing to rely on Morgan, Moore, Wasilewski & Upson then you need your head fixing.

With those central defenders, we are relegation fodder to be honest.

We need a class up and coming centre back to partner Morgan. While we should slowly introduce Moore into the side as the season progresses, I don't think he is ready for the full whack yet.

If you are willing to rely on Morgan, Moore, Wasilewski & Upson then you need your head fixing.

With those central defenders, we are relegation fodder to be honest.

We need a class up and coming centre back to partner Morgan. While we should slowly introduce Moore into the side as the season progresses, I don't think he is ready for the full whack yet.

They cost a lot of money I have a feeling NP may go for Harry Maguire of Sheffield United, only 21 years of age but has amassed over 150 appearances albeit in League One but has been for 3 successive seasons in the PFA League One Team of the Year.

They cost a lot of money I have a feeling NP may go for Harry Maguire of Sheffield United, only 21 years of age but has amassed over 150 appearances albeit in League One but has been for 3 successive seasons in the PFA League One Team of the Year.

I think they are quoting 5 million for Maguire, I would go for Miquel as he is free and a class act for a free transfer

I think they are quoting 5 million for Maguire, I would go for Miquel as he is free and a class act for a free transfer

But nowhere near the quality of our existing 4 centre backs so a pointless deal for the first team.

We need to spend a bit somewhere down the line, look at Cardiff they spent £9 million on Caulker, I don't expect us to spend that much, but we need a bit of class to partner Wes, I can't see Upson & Wasilewski cutting it week in week out. 

We need to spend a bit somewhere down the line, look at Cardiff they spent £9 million on Caulker, I don't expect us to spend that much, but we need a bit of class to partner Wes, I can't see Upson & Wasilewski cutting it week in week out. 

And they went down, you could find a number of prudent sides that have stayed up recently without spending much money.

yes but 3 of them are getting on a bit. Upson and Was are only short term solutions, Dawson could be a long term solution. However I don't think we could guarentee him playing every week so don't know if he would come

Only in the world of ft could 31 in November be a long term solution. lol

What about this Haris Seferovic is he any good, seems to be fairly handy in the last few Swiss games? 22yrs old and doesn't look like he's getting many starts at Real Sociedad. Is there much competition that he might go out on loan? I don't follow the Spanish league in any detail.

What about this Haris Seferovic is he any good, seems to be fairly handy in the last few Swiss games? 22yrs old and doesn't look like he's getting many starts at Real Sociedad. Is there much competition that he might go out on loan? I don't follow the Spanish league in any detail.

MC said he isn't worth it yet.

Archived