Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Union FS

I wouldn't complain if we love you was never sung again. Never seen such a blatant rip-off. It caught on very well when it first got going in our ground but that doesn't change the fact no-one wanted to know before Palace sung it. It's the mentality of it.

Think despite the couple of arguments, there are a lot of positives to take out of yesterday, both on and off the pitch. Thought atmosphere-wise it was good up in SK1. Wouldn't say we were on absolute top form but there were a number of occasions where songs spread pretty well across the Kop and there weren't too many quiet periods. The banner also went down pretty well in the main. Obviously, not everyone will agree about the manager but, with the ethos of the group being to get behind the players and manager at all times, I think it's important to make our support clear, especially in tough times.

Re Soup Nazi thinking of jacking it in, don't do it mate! Top bloke and we need people with your passion up there to drive this forward. It is frustrating sometimes when people around us don't want to get involved but, as I was saying to one lad yesterday, if you think back to last year, it's much better up in SK1 now. Sure, it's not as good as we want it to be but I'm confident we're moving in the right direction. Can't speak for anyone else but I've never enjoyed home games so much. Every game's an occasion now. Good laugh in the pub beforehand and it's great to know that you can enjoy the game in the company of like-minded people who want to be vocal.

Don't think the arguments yesterday should be blown out of proportion but some good points have been made on here about making SK1 more united. As Dan LCFC said (I think?), Union is in the name and yet it does feel a bit divided at times. Everyone in and around the group should be able to get their views across, whether good or bad. If anyone's got suggestions on how things could be done better or ideas for displays etc, get in touch by email or meet us in the pub pre/post-match for a chat.

Finally, the 'all going West Ham...' & 'loyal supporters' chants - just a personal opinion but don't think this stuff helps anyone really. Believe me, I'd love to be going to West Ham, had bought my ticket & everything. Shaping up to be one of the best aways of the season, but circumstances change & I can't make it anymore. People can sing what they like but that sort of stuff isn't going to get more people on board and will only lead to accusations of the group being elitist and thinking we're better than other fans...

Save the Soup Nazi!  He was just really frustrated yesterday and I can understand.  But the fact remains - best atmosphere, on average, in the Walkers/KP ever - in my experience anyway.  I now look forward to home games as I know there are going to be plenty up in SK1 trying to get it going.  

Great flags up now aswell - really loving it up threre.

My understanding is that as long as the poles aren't thicker than a ball-point pen (i.e. similar width to the ones they hand out occasionally), the answer is yes, we are.

alright cheers, would anyone else be interested in getting some done? I was thinking the flag it's self to be a bit bigger than the one they handed out mind

The bloke who sings 'if you're all going ..........' Every game is just singing what was sung at every game in the 70/80's so I don't think he's being intentionally divisive albeit it does get on everyone's nerves but he doesn't realise it! Half the songs we sing are crap but the fact we're singing is all that matters. More singing every game and less crap about who's got the biggest C!

The bloke who sings 'if you're all going ..........' Every game is just singing what was sung at every game in the 70/80's so I don't think he's being intentionally divisive albeit it does get on everyone's nerves but he doesn't realise it! Half the songs we sing are crap but the fact we're singing is all that matters. More singing every game and less crap about who's got the biggest C!

Yeah I've heard it plenty of times, but it's singing that as well as other songs which give off the hint he's just creating unnecessary conflict. I think he's pissed out of his head at most games to be honest lol

Interesting that we're somehow a loyalist club when our greatest manager of the past 30 years was a Northern Irish Catholic.

A man who went on to manage Celtic through one of their most successful recent periods and currently manages the Republic of Ireland.

Oh, and one of our best midfielders under him was also a Northern Irish Catholic who played for and managed the same club, constantly receiving death threats from loyalist extremists throughout.

Interesting that we're somehow a loyalist club when our greatest manager of the past 30 years was a Northern Irish Catholic.

A man who went on to manage Celtic through one of their most successful recent periods and currently manages the Republic of Ireland.

Oh, and one of our best midfielders under him was also a Northern Irish Catholic who played for and managed the same club, constantly receiving death threats from loyalist extremists throughout.

Players and managers come and go they don't shape the club the fans do.

There are a large amount of Leicester that do England games who are all loyalist and the main lot from 80s and 90s were. Look at all the trouble both times Celtic came here (especially the first). If you're over 30 and you've regularly followed Leicester you'll know that.

Players and managers come and go they don't shape the club the fans do.

There are a large amount of Leicester that do England games who are all loyalist and the main lot from 80s and 90s were. Look at all the trouble both times Celtic came here (especially the first). If you're over 30 and you've regularly followed Leicester you'll know that.

Exactly. 80s and 90s. Almost every club's fanbase in the country had loyalist tendencies back in the day. No Surrender could be heard everywhere from Filbert Street to Highbury, we were hardly unique there.

Celtic fans may have caused a lot of trouble when they came here in the last season of Filbert Street,  but they'll cause trouble pretty much everywhere. I remember there even being a large amount of trouble when they played Lincoln in a pre season friendly a couple of years back, that has more to do with Celtic having a large, anti-English hooligan element than Sincil Bank being a bastion of the UVF.

If we're a loyalist club, where are the Union Flags when we go away? There are St George crosses everywhere, but rarely the White Ensign or the Ulster Banner. I don't doubt there are still some fans who call themselves loyalist, but calling a club with some loyalist fans a loyalist club is a stretch to say the least. We'll have a few republican fans, but mostly fans who genuinely couldn't give a stuff either way and are there to watch the football. I imagine most of the Leicester fans who follow England away only get the loyalist songs out when watching the national team, leaving them well alone when we're playing West Ham or Sunderland. I imagine that's largely because they'll get a few odd looks these days giving No Surrender an airing. I imagine that's because we aren't really a loyalist club any more, if we ever truly were in the first place.

Edited by Bilo
  • Like 2