Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Union FS

In all honestly I thought today was the worst atmosphere from the KOP this season, no one seemed interested in joining in

Same chants going on forever because you don't have any ideas seems to be boring the rest of the KOP

Same chants going on forever because you don't have any ideas seems to be boring the rest of the KOP

I do see agree but it's good to see some songs get sung for a while

Blues go marching in

Wild Wild wild

David Nugent

Der der der der der L-C-F-C

They seem to be the four that got going for ages. Then just other chants. It'd be nice to see some new chants get going from the new chants thread

Disagree completely,we do loads of different songs yet only a few really catch on.So blame the rest of the Kop.

I sit a bit further down from you lot and compared to the last home game the atmosphere wasn't as good. I think we react to how we're playing on the pitch, in the first half the singing was quite muted. No one was joining in so much but in the second half when we were playing better it kicked in a bit. I think the problem is you sing a lot of songs that aren't that easy to pick up on, everyone tries to join in with wild, great escape, LCFC etc but there are a lot that need a lot of listening to, to pick up on the lyrics. If you're concentrating on the game you need simple songs to sing, maybe that's the football fans mentality I dunno.

I've written this on my phone so I hope it comes across as it was meant. I love the songs, love singing and the drum is a great addition. I just think we need catchy songs with less words and people will join in more.

I sit a bit further down from you lot and compared to the last home game the atmosphere wasn't as good. I think we react to how we're playing on the pitch, in the first half the singing was quite muted. No one was joining in so much but in the second half when we were playing better it kicked in a bit. I think the problem is you sing a lot of songs that aren't that easy to pick up on, everyone tries to join in with wild, great escape, LCFC etc but there are a lot that need a lot of listening to, to pick up on the lyrics. If you're concentrating on the game you need simple songs to sing, maybe that's the football fans mentality I dunno.

I've written this on my phone so I hope it comes across as it was meant. I love the songs, love singing and the drum is a great addition. I just think we need catchy songs with less words and people will join in more.

That's a fair point and well put,I was just responding to the way that guy put it.To say that we're boring the kop is harsh IMO.

The difference between the 1st half and the 2nd is becoming a regular thing but perhaps understandable when the team are down the other end.

That's a fair point and well put,I was just responding to the way that guy put it.To say that we're boring the kop is harsh IMO.

The difference between the 1st half and the 2nd is becoming a regular thing but perhaps understandable when the team are down the other end.

People were asking why the KOP wasn't getting involved in the chants and I gave my opinion, I sit lower down in SK1 and people around us do get bored of chants going on for 10 minutes with no real reason

Hello lads, good day today, 'active' would be the understatement of the year so far!

Anyway this will get tongues wagging. I will be making a BIG announcement at 9am tomorrow morning on this thread.

No further details will be provided at this time. All will be revealed tomorrow.

Did you get to play with some traffic cones by any chance?

As for the announcement, looks like you've overslept from all the play-fighting in town yesterday.

People were asking why the KOP wasn't getting involved in the chants and I gave my opinion, I sit lower down in SK1 and people around us do get bored of chants going on for 10 minutes with no real reason

Yeah ok,I suppose we're all different.I actually love it when the songs go on for a while,20 minute songs would be fine with me.Im currently trying to get everyone on my row to bounce as well,but I'm fighting a losing battle with that one. lol.

Yeah ok,I suppose we're all different.I actually love it when the songs go on for a while,20 minute songs would be fine with me.Im currently trying to get everyone on my row to bounce as well,but I'm fighting a losing battle with that one. lol.

it's difficult getting some people to stand up let alone bounce lol I do agree though it would look good

Did you get to play with some traffic cones by any chance?

As for the announcement, looks like you've overslept from all the play-fighting in town yesterday.

No, he's now AspectFox.

Apparently he was in SK1 yesterday and has morphed into Gok Wan/Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.

I think my favourite ever atmosphere at FW was Birmingham at home when we lost 2-1. We sang Great Escape for what seemed like the entire second half and it was immense.

People do have differing ideas on what makes a good atmosphere that's why it's important for everyone to shout up. If you're bored of one song, sing another and people will join in!

I thought parts of the second half yesterday were absolutely class. As Jamo was sent off the 'LEICESTER LEICESTER LEICESTER' was as loud as I can remember it, everyone standing arms outstretched.

• Like 3

Was there another drum in the kop today? The drumming sounded closer today for some reason?

Same drum as we had last week.Out of interest what's your take on it,as I seem to remember you were a bit sceptical of it.Personally I think it's doing exactly what we wanted it to do. Edited by The soup nazi

I think my favourite ever atmosphere at FW was Birmingham at home when we lost 2-1. We sang Great Escape for what seemed like the entire second half and it was immense.

People do have differing ideas on what makes a good atmosphere that's why it's important for everyone to shout up. If you're bored of one song, sing another and people will join in!

I thought parts of the second half yesterday were absolutely class. As Jamo was sent off the 'LEICESTER LEICESTER LEICESTER' was as loud as I can remember it, everyone standing arms outstretched.

Thought the exact same about that Leicester song. About as loud as I've ever heard that ground.

I think if there's a good selection of catchy songs then 'boredom' won't be a problem.

I take the point about the atmosphere being better when we're attacking the kop, I just thought it was more noticeable yesterday when we weren't playing particularly well.

Edited by Katy

Agreed. That was in goosebump territory!

I was gonna say the same thing. Really loud, think the events in the pitch at the time really got the blood pumping

I agree with the comments on here about yesterday ... It was a bit mixed but there were times when there was more noise from the Kop than usual mixed in with quiet patches. I also agree about having chants that are easy so that more people can pick it up at any point as it goes round ...... What we do need to work on though is the tempo of the game to the song .... There's no point singing songs like 'Bring on the Sunderland' when we get a corner, it needs to be 'come on Leicester' type spurring on chant but any support is good support.