Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Union FS

A message to FoxesTalk moderators and administrators. It has come to my attention that the decision to ban me (under The Blue Moon username) was made in the Swan & Rushes before yesterday's game by a handful of UFS members who decided they wanted to suppress my views because I had, at times, been negative about the school of thought that seems to dictate this forum that the SK1 atmosphere is amazing and L block are a bunch of scum.

I've had this information from 2 UFS members and a member of staff from the pub.

The fact is, they are entitled to have their opinion about L block and I'm happy with that. It's a free country. I don't wish to suppress anyone whose viewpoint differs from my own. But I will not accept my opinions being suppressed. I re signed up today under The Blue Moon 2 and that account was also suspended and posts deleted. Neither user account has broken any forum rules (the minute I break a rule, I will happily accept my punishment).

Above all, none of this bickering is doing anything to help our relegation battle. The team now, more than ever, need our backing and that is why I have agreed (having been invited) to join UFS in SK1 against Stoke. That remains the case, and I will be making my UFS debut next Saturday.

Deleting my accounts is simply galvanising me to fight for freedom of speech even more. If this account is deleted, I will simply sign back up under a different email address and IP address and continue.

I will now take part in a 48 hour 'cooling off' period before I return to FoxesTalk. Whether that be under The Blue Moon, Blue Moon 2, 3, 4 or 69 is entirely your choice. But you will not suppress my opinions!

Best Wishes

The Blue Moon

A message to FoxesTalk moderators and administrators. It has come to my attention that the decision to ban me (under The Blue Moon username) was made in the Swan & Rushes before yesterday's game by a handful of UFS members who decided they wanted to suppress my views because I had, at times, been negative about the school of thought that seems to dictate this forum that the SK1 atmosphere is amazing and L block are a bunch of scum.

I've had this information from 2 UFS members and a member of staff from the pub.

The fact is, they are entitled to have their opinion about L block and I'm happy with that. It's a free country. I don't wish to suppress anyone whose viewpoint differs from my own. But I will not accept my opinions being suppressed. I re signed up today under The Blue Moon 2 and that account was also suspended and posts deleted. Neither user account has broken any forum rules (the minute I break a rule, I will happily accept my punishment).

Above all, none of this bickering is doing anything to help our relegation battle. The team now, more than ever, need our backing and that is why I have agreed (having been invited) to join UFS in SK1 against Stoke. That remains the case, and I will be making my UFS debut next Saturday.

Deleting my accounts is simply galvanising me to fight for freedom of speech even more. If this account is deleted, I will simply sign back up under a different email address and IP address and continue.

I will now take part in a 48 hour 'cooling off' period before I return to FoxesTalk. Whether that be under The Blue Moon, Blue Moon 2, 3, 4 or 69 is entirely your choice. But you will not suppress my opinions!

Best Wishes

The Blue Moon

Will you be making your self clear who you are at the game? Or will you just stay quiet and then come on here after the game slagging everyone off? As funny as it may sound it would actually be interesting to talk to you.

Best Wishes

The Blue Moon

lol  Fair play! I'm impressed by the time you're devoting to this WUMery!

Out of interest, any mods care to share with us why this bloke's posts are being deleted & his accounts suspended (if you're able/allowed to)? Bloke's got a right to his opinion even if no-one else agrees with it. Has he broken forum rules?

lol  Fair play! I'm impressed by the time you're devoting to this WUMery!

Out of interest, any mods care to share with us why this bloke's posts are being deleted & his accounts suspended (if you're able/allowed to)? Bloke's got a right to his opinion even if no-one else agrees with it. Has he broken forum rules?

I don't always agree with what he posts but he should be allowed to post ... In fact I have to laugh at a lot of what he puts it's that far off sometimes! It's a shame I won't be in SK1 against Stoke to see what he has to say but so be it!

Same drum as we had last week.Out of interest what's your take on it,as I seem to remember you were a bit sceptical of it.Personally I think it's doing exactly what we wanted it to do.

I didn't notice it the week before but I noticed it this time. That level of sound I have no problem with, it seemed more complimentary to the songs rather than taking them over as the big one does.

I thought the atmos had improved .

Just hope people don't become reliant on the drum to start the songs really, doesn't seem that way at the moment mind. Seems to be keeping people in time OK so things aren't being rushed at a million miles an hour as usual.

Wish people would jump around and go crazy during "Boys in Blue" though. The drum's there to keep the rhythm so you don't need to be stood there clapping along.

My thoughts on the drum in SK1:

It was decent for keeping the rhythm for certain songs but as mentioned above it should be used sparingly. I stand a few blocks to the left and for some chants it seemed the drum deterred people from joining in, Ulloa being one and the very slow pace for 'Leicester Boys'. Where I stand, we sometimes struggled to hear the drum and so our little block would start to join in and then realise we were out of time because the drum has made a few chants slower - great in the long run, but may take a little time for people to adjust.

Finally, perhaps there were just less singing against Villa but I didn't feel the Kop was as loud vocally as the games pre-drum. 

Thought the exact same about that Leicester song. About as loud as I've ever heard that ground.

remember being 3 down at home to liverpool one year at filbert st.

sk1 stood and sang it no stop for last 15-20 mins. hardly anyone left the game.

they are the moments that you realise how much some of us do care.

remember being 3 down at home to liverpool one year at filbert st.

sk1 stood and sang it no stop for last 15-20 mins. hardly anyone left the game.

they are the moments that you realise how much some of us do care.

Much a contrast to Saturday. I totally understand leaving early if the game is up since traffic is a nightmare in the city but FFS the match was in the balance, I was unbelievably tense. Really bizarre to see people leaving in those circumstances.

I thought the general atmosphere was consistently good, and superb in spells. Not sure why it didn't sound as good as other games to some people (I think it was average during the majority of our bad run) but there ya go.

Much a contrast to Saturday. I totally understand leaving early if the game is up since traffic is a nightmare in the city but FFS the match was in the balance, I was unbelievably tense. Really bizarre to see people leaving in those circumstances.

I thought the general atmosphere was consistently good, and superb in spells. Not sure why it didn't sound as good as other games to some people (I think it was average during the majority of our bad run) but there ya go.

Spurs was the same, 2-1 down, we were battering them, and with 5 mins to go the family stand was half empty. Really weird, but I guess people have other commitments.