Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Union FS

Even Southampton, 2nd at the time, had won every home game, first sell out of the season (which is woeful) and they were also silent.

I don't think we have an amazing atmosphere by any means but we certainly have one of the better in this league.

Liverpool strike me as having a very tourist home support these days. Even when they were playing Real Madrid on a 'famous European night at Anfield' you could hear players shouting on the TV.

Edited by Dan LCFC

The reason why home support is generally shit is ticket prices, simple. There are too many people just wanting to be entertained for their £40-50 and not sing for their team.

The main point of going to a game is to watch the game, atmosphere adds to that but I do think there are some fans who don't actually watch any of the game, it was very obvious when we had season tickets in L1 that plenty of the lads in there had no clue what had happened in the game because they'd spent the whole match watching the away fans.

The main point of going to a game is to watch the game, atmosphere adds to that but I do think there are some fans who don't actually watch any of the game, it was very obvious when we had season tickets in L1 that plenty of the lads in there had no clue what had happened in the game because they'd spent the whole match watching the away fans.

and then hurl abuse at a player for making a mistake that had been subbed 20 mins previously

Edited by Jimmy

The main point is to watch the game, but football needs the interaction between fans and players. The idea of watching the away fans for 90 minutes is a bit of a weird one for me, but singing up for the team whilst watching the game is far more like a traditional arrangement.

Edited by Bilo

The main point is to watch the game, but football needs the interaction between fans and players. The idea of watching the away fans for 90 minutes is a bit of a weird one for me, but singing up for the team whilst watching the game is far more like a traditional arrangement.

Football doesn't need the interaction, if that was the case games with no/hardly any crowd wouldn't happen and the majority of games have no crowd. Only football at the professional level really has any sort of support.

Football doesn't need the interaction, if that was the case games with no/hardly any crowd wouldn't happen and the majority of games have no crowd. Only football at the professional level really has any sort of support.

I could watch the worst Sunday League game in history and if it had a great atmosphere that I'm contributing to I would still find it interesting. Conversely I just can't get in to games, be it TV or if I'm there, where there's little to no atmosphere.

I know I'm in the minority in this country but it completely depends on what you want to get out of football.

True - sometimes the best games are the ones which you enjoy because of the atmosphere and how much interaction you have yourself.  I'll never forget taking my then 16-year-old sister to her first ever game.  It was the first game after we'd sacked Tater Peeler I think, we got battered by Leeds in the league cup (6-0 was it? can't remember exactly). The atmosphere in the kop after we'd gone about 3 down was immense - proper football humour of singing and making the best of it even when times are really dark (and that season was dark!) Imagine that happening in the KP now? 

Needless to say she loved it and has been a fan ever since (she wasn't really into football before that but I converted her that night, even though we got badly beaten - women eh?) and now takes her 7 year old lad on a family membership.

A real-life example of atmosphere proving more effective/memorable than the action on the pitch!

As an aside, her and her lad have been twice this season - Man Utd and Villa.  I'm trying to get them to go more!

Exactly! My first game was a 0-0! It wasn't the game that got me hooked it was the Filbert Street atmosphere!

If my first game had been sat in the middle of the kop in a 0-0 at the KP I honestly don't think i'd have got hooked.

Edited by AndWhat?

True - sometimes the best games are the ones which you enjoy because of the atmosphere and how much interaction you have yourself.  I'll never forget taking my then 16-year-old sister to her first ever game.  It was the first game after we'd sacked Tater Peeler I think, we got battered by Leeds in the league cup (6-0 was it? can't remember exactly). The atmosphere in the kop after we'd gone about 3 down was immense - proper football humour of singing and making the best of it even when times are really dark (and that season was dark!) Imagine that happening in the KP now? 

Needless to say she loved it and has been a fan ever since (she wasn't really into football before that but I converted her that night, even though we got badly beaten - women eh?) and now takes her 7 year old lad on a family membership.

A real-life example of atmosphere proving more effective/memorable than the action on the pitch!

As an aside, her and her lad have been twice this season - Man Utd and Villa.  I'm trying to get them to go more!

Love reading stories like that.

You popping in the Swan tomorrow mate?

Hoping to, haven't been in for a while as I've had other plans or have driven instead of train - means I park off Narborough Road and it's way off course for the Swan so I just go to the ground.

I also had a day on the beer with a good mix of LCFC/Villa mates from back home last week so it was a long day out if you know what I mean - got back to find the missus struggling with a lively toddler and our old dog that was acting iffy.  

Not sure how she's going to react if I say I'm going on the train (and on the beer) again tomorrow!

If I don't turn up in the Swan, you'll know that my suggestion of doing the train again was met with an icy stare and I decided it was best to drive and get back in time to help with dog walking/baby bath time!

Either way, I'll see you in SK1 at some point! 

I can, as it happens. I've seen plenty of 'gallows humour' supporting City.

Problem with us is (and probably most football fans) is we either need to be really encouraged or really hopeless. The middle ground, where it's nervous or when our hopes are still slowly ebbing away, is a recipe for a poor atmosphere.

I've been to nine Premier League grounds this season including ours and ours is easily one of the louder.

The lack of atmosphere at places like West Ham & Newcastle amazed me.

Same here , missed liverpool , but chelsea was also dire , need safe standing in a lot of these grounds and quickly

Same here , missed liverpool , but chelsea was also dire , need safe standing in a lot of these grounds and quickly

There's plenty of Premiership grounds where there's lots of fans standing.  Fans are happy to stand but don't seem to care about singing, it's just the way it is.

Seeing as you can select where you sit online now have union FS thought about posting there seat numbers for away games so we can all try and buy tickets around the same area? Was thinking of buying Spurs tickets and just thought it would be great to be stood with some of you at the away games as well

Anyone?

Edited by LCFC FOX