Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Union FS

I need to ask this question

Been reading the Union FS blog and it says

Whilst we respected what the Fosse Boys set out to do, we are not a reworking of that particular group. We believe that Leicester City is a club that has a history of producing fine English players and fans, you need only look at the number of St George’s Crosses with Leicester City on them at England games, and feel that an essentially English identity is imperative for us to succeed. Although it is true that much and perhaps even the majority of their activity harked back to the days of the Filbert Street pens, we are not convinced that Filbert Way is ready yet for some of the more continental methods of support they went for.

I'm confused does that mean it's an English only group..its a genuine question and I'm looking for a genuine response from an organiser or senior member, as an Irish person would I be welcome in the group and to stand in your block?

I need to ask this question Been reading the Union FS blog and it says Whilst we respected what the Fosse Boys set out to do, we are not a reworking of that particular group. We believe that Leicester City is a club that has a history of producing fine English players and fans, you need only look at the number of St George’s Crosses with Leicester City on them at England games, and feel that an essentially English identity is imperative for us to succeed. Although it is true that much and perhaps even the majority of their activity harked back to the days of the Filbert Street pens, we are not convinced that Filbert Way is ready yet for some of the more continental methods of support they went for. I'm confused does that mean it's an English only group..its a genuine question and I'm looking for a genuine response from an organiser or senior member, as an Irish person would I be welcome in the group and to stand in your block?

Of course you would mate!

That piece is merely trying to say that we think we should hang on to the traditional way of supporting your team in England and that we don't want to jump on the European support bandwagon that many supporters groups in this country have. Which is the reason why 95% of our chants in SK1 are traditional Leicester songs. 

Look 5 posts back and you will see my Welsh flag that will be hanging up in Sk1 soon!

I need to ask this question Been reading the Union FS blog and it says Whilst we respected what the Fosse Boys set out to do, we are not a reworking of that particular group. We believe that Leicester City is a club that has a history of producing fine English players and fans, you need only look at the number of St George’s Crosses with Leicester City on them at England games, and feel that an essentially English identity is imperative for us to succeed. Although it is true that much and perhaps even the majority of their activity harked back to the days of the Filbert Street pens, we are not convinced that Filbert Way is ready yet for some of the more continental methods of support they went for. I'm confused does that mean it's an English only group..its a genuine question and I'm looking for a genuine response from an organiser or senior member, as an Irish person would I be welcome in the group and to stand in your block?

Everyone's welcome mate. Doesn't matter where you're from.

When I'm up there,be it home or away I want to represent Leicester.Long gone are the days of lots of home grown players we can all identify with,so playing my part gives me a bit of pride which in all fairness had been lost in the last decade or so.

I want to keep it traditional as the next man but if we have to learn a few lessons from the continent i'm fine with that,but being Leicester for me is everything.

Loving them flags by the way.

I need to ask this questionBeen reading the Union FS blog and it says Whilst we respected what the Fosse Boys set out to do, we are not a reworking of that particular group. We believe that Leicester City is a club that has a history of producing fine English players and fans, you need only look at the number of St George’s Crosses with Leicester City on them at England games, and feel that an essentially English identity is imperative for us to succeed. Although it is true that much and perhaps even the majority of their activity harked back to the days of the Filbert Street pens, we are not convinced that Filbert Way is ready yet for some of the more continental methods of support they went for.I'm confused does that mean it's an English only group..its a genuine question and I'm looking for a genuine response from an organiser or senior member, as an Irish person would I be welcome in the group and to stand in your block?

All welcome, unless you're in the Pearson Out camp then we'll knock you out. Or at least threaten to.

Ok thanks all cleared that up, suppose it's too easy to read too much into that, so the lads in L1 they are mostly for a change in management? And the Union FS lads are behind the current manager, I know it's a generalisation , snooty fox your comment doesn't help and I'm sure untrue

Ok thanks all cleared that up, suppose it's too easy to read too much into that, so the lads in L1 they are mostly for a change in management? And the Union FS lads are behind the current manager, I know it's a generalisation , snooty fox your comment doesn't help and I'm sure untrue

Don't think you can really generalise any where in the stadium really. I'm sure there are loads of Pearson supports in L1. There's deffinately some Pearson outers in the UFS section!

There's 1 thing for certain though and that's that we all want to best for Leicester.

• Like 2

Yea very true for the record I don't believe in booing a manager or calling for his head, I'm quite looking the support NP gets on away trips personally I think he has been found out a little at this level but deserves to get the whole season to see if he can pull off a great escape

We were poor today in sk1, no belief - just like the team. Felt like walking away, hate to see my team play that badly. Me and Tom hardly spoke on the way home, 140 miles and never discussed the game.Never happened before, bloody Wellens!

Edited by steveherbe

How can such a great day turn to shit in the space of 45 minutes.

Walked out the players tunnel which was great,had a top time in the pub with a great turnout.First half ok,then total shit.

I hate football sometimes.

And yes BM I did get hold of him,that's why I deleted the post.Thanks for asking.

Edited by The soup nazi

We were poor today in sk1, no belief - just like the team. Felt like walking away, hate to see my team play that badly. Me and Tom hardly spoke on the way home, 140 miles and never discussed the game.Never happened before, bloody Wellens!

some people really annoyed me today, I know we didn't play that well but instead of trying to create an atmosphere when we was 1-0 down people were screaming and crying at the most stupid things. Worst of the season but hopefully it can pick up. Onwards and upwards.

some people really annoyed me today, I know we didn't play that well but instead of trying to create an atmosphere when we was 1-0 down people were screaming and crying at the most stupid things. Worst of the season but hopefully it can pick up. Onwards and upwards.

I was guilty of this yesterday, but after the round trip we do for home games, spending a a bunch of time and money sorting more flags, and the lack of input from other parts of the ground, I think I'd earned the chance to have a little paddy after they scored.