Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manwell Pablo

Wii-U

Thought I'd get in here before the cartoon cow.

Nintendo are holding press conferences in Japan and Europe today to announce all details of their new console the Wii U, the latest Gimic being a a controller that looks like an iPad and a promise to bring more third party developers and produce some games that are actually worth playing.

The European conference isn't until 3pm but judging by the Japenese one that started at 8, it's going to cost about £220 for a basic package and £270 for a premium, the release games are going to be some Nintendo mini game bollocks (probably a load of games revolving around their new controller which will get boring inside 5 minutes) and New Super Mario Brothers U, so all that new tech and they pump out another 2D platformer. Rather underwhelming. Worst of all if you want an additional control pad, it's going to set you back at least £110.

Japenese release date is December 8th and I'll be suprised if we're not too far behind what with Christmas and all.

Any one bothering???

I'm going for 15th-16th December for release date, and £300 as the launch price, although this is really close to christmas, pre orders are going to be mental

Unsure.

The Wii was released in Japan in December and we got it in November so it's entirely possible we could have it before the Japanese.

Wouldn't have thought it'll be £300 if they're paying around £200 for a basic package in Japan.

Unsure.

The Wii was released in Japan in December and we got it in November so it's entirely possible we could have it before the Japanese.

Wouldn't have thought it'll be £300 if they're paying around £200 for a basic package in Japan.

Ive heard a few people say they reckon itl be in the uk 18 november, wouldnt surprise me

And id be very surprised if we get it as cheap as 200 quid, thats almost the same price as a new 3ds

We get severly ripped off, last time i was in Tokyo you could pick up brand new ps3 games for 20 quid that retail for 40-45 here

Ive heard a few people say they reckon itl be in the uk 18 november, wouldnt surprise me

And id be very surprised if we get it as cheap as 200 quid, thats almost the same price as a new 3ds

We get severly ripped off, last time i was in Tokyo you could pick up brand new ps3 games for 20 quid that retail for 40-45 here

30th November.

Bayonetta 2 exclusive.

Thought I'd get in here before the cartoon cow.

Any one bothering???

Made me lol .

Personally I'd love to bother, but being poor doesn't help me buy one... :(

IMO, it's a piece of shit.

It's not next-gen either, seeing as it's going to get crappy ports from games which came out two years ago. Nintendo havn't got it right since N64

Define "next-gen"?

Some (upgraded) crappy ports yes... But some decent looking exclusives and now games!

Made me lol .

Personally I'd love to bother, but being poor doesn't help me buy one... :(

Define "next-gen"?

Some (upgraded) crappy ports yes... But some decent looking exclusives and now games!

I think the point he's trying to make is they've churned a console out which is only really superior to the 360 and PS3 in it's Ram capabilities, the graphics will be better than the PS3 or 360 but not by a stand out amount and it actually has a lower clock speed than either of those consoles despite supposidly being a generation ahead.

I'm not sure if they are going to get the PS4 out in 2013 but the noises coming from Microsoft seem to indicate in a years time the their next console will hit the shelves and will have much better hardware than the Wii U. Leaving it in a similar situation to the Wii in that it's competing with vastly superior consoles with hardware which is only marginally better than the consoles of the last generation. It's selling point being the gimicy control pad which isn't going to attract the same kind of casual audience the Wii did. It's also more expensive than the Wii. The fact that even you aren't buying it at launch shows that it's going to struggle, and after a realtive big flop for the 3DS this could be seriously bad news for Nintendo.

As has been said by others I think it's actually not to badder a console it's just too late.

I think the point he's trying to make is they've churned a console out which is only really superior to the 360 and PS3 in it's Ram capabilities, the graphics will be better than the PS3 or 360 but not by a stand out amount and it actually has a lower clock speed than either of those consoles despite supposidly being a generation ahead.

I'm not sure if they are going to get the PS4 out in 2013 but the noises coming from Microsoft seem to indicate in a years time the their next console will hit the shelves and will have much better hardware than the Wii U. Leaving it in a similar situation to the Wii in that it's competing with vastly superior consoles with hardware which is only marginally better than the consoles of the last generation. It's selling point being the gimicy control pad which isn't going to attract the same kind of casual audience the Wii did. It's also more expensive than the Wii. The fact that even you aren't buying it at launch shows that it's going to struggle, and after a realtive big flop for the 3DS this could be seriously bad news for Nintendo.

As has been said by others I think it's actually not to badder a console it's just too late.

No facts on GPU or CPU... The only facts we have on spec is the RAM and drive speed both are 2-3 times that of current gen. I'm interested but I do need to see those other specs to ensure the system will still be getting support when PS4 and 720 are released. But if the rest of the specs are like the ones we know I don't think it will be too far behind.

I'm not sure this will get ports once the 720 is out. The hardware will be vastly superior on 720 so will devs bother dumbing stuff down for it? Probably not which means we're in for more Mario, Raving Rabbids, Zelda and the like but in HD instead.

Great.

Naaah.... It was never gonna happen me not getting a WiiU on day one (thank you to my lovely financial advisor/wife!)...

WiiU Premium package Pre-ordered from Amazon!

Yaay... :scarf:

That's nuts Phube.

It'll be 200 max by the following summer. And if it receives ports from 360 will they be better on it? Of course not.

That's nuts Phube.

It'll be 200 max by the following summer. And if it receives ports from 360 will they be better on it? Of course not.

But that's like... 10 months away... I'm not a patient man... :(

And whether they will be better or not is irrelevant as I don't own a 360!

I'm not sure this will get ports once the 720 is out. The hardware will be vastly superior on 720 so will devs bother dumbing stuff down for it? Probably not which means we're in for more Mario, Raving Rabbids, Zelda and the like but in HD instead.

Great.

A) Depending on who you believe the next 360/PS4 wont be all super powerful as the dev companaines are already struggling with costs which will only exponentially increase if they stupidly up the power.

And B) Mario, Zelda, F-Zero :fc: , Pikmin, in HD plus imaginative 3rd party titles are all I need... :wub:

Oooh... Just also pre-ordered from Sainsbury's £30 off with this code: SETENS12R.

AAAAND Nectar points!

Great.

That's nuts Phube.

Seems to me half the games for it have already been out on other consoles for months/years, any one who wants to play them will have already. Very very few serious gamers have a Wii as their only console. I've never played the first Bayonetta and Nintendos first party games are recycled to death now, The Zombie games looks vagely interesting and thats about it.

Can't see the appeal.

Seems to me half the games for it have already been out on other consoles for months/years, any one who wants to play them will have already. Very very few serious gamers have a Wii as their only console. I've never played the first Bayonetta and Nintendos first party games are recycled to death now, The Zombie games looks vagely interesting and thats about it.

Can't see the appeal.

You keep stating this, so let's see from the launch period games shall we:

New & exclusive:

• Nintendoland
  • Rayman Legends
  • ZombiU
  • New Super Mario Bros. U
  • Wii Fit U
  • Lego City Under Cover
  • The Wonderful 101
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Pikmin 3
  • Tank! Tank! Tank!

New and Out on Other Consoles (Within a few weeks):

• CoD: Black Ops 2
  • Assasins Creed III
  • Aliens Colonial Marines

Out Since Augst 2012 On Wii U in Nov:

• FIFA 13
  • Tekkan Tag Tournament 2
  • Darksiders II

Old Games Re-Released:

• Ninja Gaiden 3
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Batman Arkham City

Now whether you're interested in these games or not is besides the point, Most are New, some a couple of months due to release dates. and three are new versions of OLD games. :P

New & exclusive:

• Nintendoland
  • Rayman Legends
  • ZombiU
  • Wii Fit U
  • Lego City Under Cover
  • The Wonderful 101
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Pikmin 3
  • Tank! Tank! Tank!

• Assasins Creed III

• FIFA 13
  • Darksiders II

Old Games Re-Released:

• Ninja Gaiden 3
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Batman Arkham City

Now whether you're interested in these games or not is besides the point, Most are New, some a couple of months due to release dates. and three are new versions of OLD games. :P

They may be new versions of old games but they won't play or look any better on the Wii U. Devs won't spend time tarting up something which they've made money out of over the past few months. These are titles for more serious gamers in any case. Can't see them shifting on the Wii U.

Having just gone through Witcher 2 it was amazing on pc but the port to 360 wasn't as successful even though I enjoyed it. It'll be the same here. Certain games fit certain platforms and I can't see how Nintendo will shift their image with this new machine. Where's the advertising on tv for example?

While you're stuck into ZombiU, MarioU, thisU, thatU, and all the other U's hardcore will be pressing on through RE6, AC3, COD, Hitman, you name it, and why not bother with this until the gaming drought come next May when it's cheaper?

They may be new versions of old games but they won't play or look any better on the Wii U. Devs won't spend time tarting up something which they've made money out of over the past few months. These are titles for more serious gamers in any case. Can't see them shifting on the Wii U.

Having just gone through Witcher 2 it was amazing on pc but the port to 360 wasn't as successful even though I enjoyed it. It'll be the same here. Certain games fit certain platforms and I can't see how Nintendo will shift their image with this new machine. Where's the advertising on tv for example?

While you're stuck into ZombiU, MarioU, thisU, thatU, and all the other U's hardcore will be pressing on through RE6, AC3, COD, Hitman, you name it, and why not bother with this until the gaming drought come next May when it's cheaper?

:unsure: Both on Wii U!

New & exclusive:

• Nintendoland
  • Rayman Legends
  • ZombiU
  • Wii Fit U
  • Lego City Under Cover
  • The Wonderful 101
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Pikmin 3
  • Tank! Tank! Tank!

• Assasins Creed III

• FIFA 13
  • Darksiders II

Old Games Re-Released:

• Ninja Gaiden 3
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Batman Arkham City

I think I stated it once or twice :unsure: so about 50% of them will be out on a different console first that is not most being new. That was only one point I made I also said the first party games are old and recyled ideas

Of your launch games you've got the 450th 2D Mario Platformer released ona Nintendo system, Wii Fit isn't even a game, Nintendoland will be your bog standard 6.5 7 out of ten average mini game collection. Pikimin could be ok but agian, needs overhauling to avoid being the same as the last 2. The ZombiU game looks interesting, Bayonetta whilst for me personally is of no interest what so ever will be to a few people and should be a decent game, although I believe the first one was an Xbox/Playstation only so what interest it is to you or any other Nintendo geek I don't know. If you actually want to play more games like Bayonetta your buying the wrong console :unsure:. The rest of them I admit I don't know much about although every lego game I have played has been average as anything.

Archived