Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manwell Pablo

Wii-U

So had my Wii U for a just over a week now and overall been very impressed with it. Mario 3D and Mario Kart are brilliant (as ever). Tried a bit of the demo of ZombiU last night but found the sequence at the beginning in the nursery a bit unsettling so decided to abandon it for now. Will perhaps try again over the weekend!

So had my Wii U for a just over a week now and overall been very impressed with it. Mario 3D and Mario Kart are brilliant (as ever). Tried a bit of the demo of ZombiU last night but found the sequence at the beginning in the nursery a bit unsettling so decided to abandon it for now. Will perhaps try again over the weekend!

The Nursery is bar far and away the scariest part of the game... really craps you up.

• 2 weeks later...

3DS doesn't work in the search bar so this thread will have to do. 

Just got Smash Bros downloading, anyone else have it?

i want it but got no money :( think im going to wait until it comes out on Wii U. You defo have more fun with your mates playing smash bros than COD anyday

I have a near 4 year old who is starting to get interested when I play on my PS4. Whilst not actively encouraging him to play games at that age I'd quite like to get him a console with some fun games kids he can play occasionally (Mario etc).

Is there much difference between the old Wii and the Wii-u? Are they even still available to buy? Unfortunately the PS4 doesn't seem to have any child friendly games.

I have a near 4 year old who is starting to get interested when I play on my PS4. Whilst not actively encouraging him to play games at that age I'd quite like to get him a console with some fun games kids he can play occasionally (Mario etc).

Is there much difference between the old Wii and the Wii-u? Are they even still available to buy? Unfortunately the PS4 doesn't seem to have any child friendly games.

My 4 (now 5) year old loved the Wii U especially Nintendoland and Mario Kart 8. She found the tablet an easier way to play than even the Wii remote. But obviously there are loads of games for the Wii and it cheaper.

But I'd go Wii U all the way!

• 1 month later...

wind waker is a class game. Not played it on wii u yet though. Id recommend getting Lego City Undercover. you should be able to pick it up relatively cheap now and its a right laugh.

Picked up Lego City for the boy the other day. Very good. Plenty to do. Like GTA for kids really.

Had the Wii U for a few months now. The kids love it. And playing Wind Waker again is awesome.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not quite Wii U related but i started playing Twilight Princess again last night (On my Wii U but obviously a Wii game). One of the best Zelda games ever imo. Not played it for 5 years so will be nice to go through the game again.

Yeah, definitely one of the best. Played it a few weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed it.

On another note, has anyone played Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker? My girlfriend just bought it and I had a quick go. It's pretty cool and quite a charming little game. Not too difficult or long, but still entertaining puzzles in a recognisable Mario/Nintendo world.

Yeah, definitely one of the best. Played it a few weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed it.

On another note, has anyone played Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker? My girlfriend just bought it and I had a quick go. It's pretty cool and quite a charming little game. Not too difficult or long, but still entertaining puzzles in a recognisable Mario/Nintendo world.

Is it the same as the minigane on Mario 3d where you have to turn the pad around to see the different viewpoints?

Is it the same as the minigane on Mario 3d where you have to turn the pad around to see the different viewpoints?

Yeah, they've basically expanded on that for the game.

Yeah, they've basically expanded on that for the game.

Right go easy on me ,i dont delve into this section often...Ive got a Wii Fit thingy with one controller.

My daughter wants to try and whup me at Mario Cart..can i just buy an additional controller thing,set it up and off we go???

Right go easy on me ,i dont delve into this section often...Ive got a Wii Fit thingy with one controller.

My daughter wants to try and whup me at Mario Cart..can i just buy an additional controller thing,set it up and off we go???

yes just buy another Wii Remote. Get them cheap enough off ebay. Depending on what games you've got it may be worth buying a Wii Remote with Wii motion plus. I think some games on Wii U have to have the motion plus. But im pretty sure Mario Kart is fine with just a wii remote.

• 5 weeks later...

My 9 year old daughter loves this game.

• 1 month later...

Zelda delayed. Probably not coming out this year. A shame, but I'd rather they finish it properly than release a shit Zelda game

No doubt it will be quality but you cant help but feel the wii u is suffering. Apart from the 1st party games (which have dried up now) the console is dead.

Shame really as I was goign to get one this year for zelda but I have a feeling it's going to be a bit like twilight princess, and they're goign to bring it out on the NX as well. 

The new Zelda will most likely be a launch title for there new console. Theres rumours of a new console to try and catch up as the Wii U is not in the same league. I dont think we will see the new zelda until 2017. Hope im wrong though as Zelda is an awesome franchise.

The new Zelda will most likely be a launch title for there new console. Theres rumours of a new console to try and catch up as the Wii U is not in the same league. I dont think we will see the new zelda until 2017. Hope im wrong though as Zelda is an awesome franchise.

Hmm yeah I've considered that possibility too, but it seems a strange one. As far as I know they've constantly labeled it as 'Legend of Zelda for Wii U' and who knows if they'll go back to regular controllers for the NX and ditch the motion controls and gamepad. If so, I'd imagine they'd have to scrap a number of original ideas planned for this game that possibly focused on using the gamepad.

I really hope they release it on Wii U. The thought of two more years without new Zelda is difficult. Perhaps it'll end up like Twilight Princess and get released on Wii U before being optimised for NX in order to give it a strong launch title. 2015 is looking very thin for Wii U though. They need to announce something big at E3.

Hmm yeah I've considered that possibility too, but it seems a strange one. As far as I know they've constantly labeled it as 'Legend of Zelda for Wii U' and who knows if they'll go back to regular controllers for the NX and ditch the motion controls and gamepad. If so, I'd imagine they'd have to scrap a number of original ideas planned for this game that possibly focused on using the gamepad.

I really hope they release it on Wii U. The thought of two more years without new Zelda is difficult. Perhaps it'll end up like Twilight Princess and get released on Wii U before being optimised for NX in order to give it a strong launch title. 2015 is looking very thin for Wii U though. They need to announce something big at E3.

I hope its on Wii U also. My Wii U is under the tv gathering dust. I find myself going back to old games just to turn it on. Been playing Twilight Princess again and loving it. My Daughter is 8 and not a massive gamer so i havent bothered with the more recent titles like Smash Bros and Mario Kart as i will just end up playing them on my own which would be quite boring.

For me the Wii U and its gamepad is crying out for a new Metroid game. Think they could make a great game with the use of the gamepad. Nintendo really need to pull a rabbit out for the Wii U to become even remotely competitive. Looking forward to E3 lets hope for some big news

I hope its on Wii U also. My Wii U is under the tv gathering dust. I find myself going back to old games just to turn it on. Been playing Twilight Princess again and loving it. My Daughter is 8 and not a massive gamer so i havent bothered with the more recent titles like Smash Bros and Mario Kart as i will just end up playing them on my own which would be quite boring.

For me the Wii U and its gamepad is crying out for a new Metroid game. Think they could make a great game with the use of the gamepad. Nintendo really need to pull a rabbit out for the Wii U to become even remotely competitive. Looking forward to E3 lets hope for some big news

Games like mario kart and smash are great online but I agree it's not the same as playing with friends, other than those at the minute I'm mostly playing the virtual console games like Mega Man and Earthbound.

I think most people expected Zelda to be delayed though not showing it at all at E3 leaves a big hole to be filled. Hopefully like you say a new Metroid will be the main story and not this banjo kazooie spin off.

Games like mario kart and smash are great online but I agree it's not the same as playing with friends, other than those at the minute I'm mostly playing the virtual console games like Mega Man and Earthbound.

I think most people expected Zelda to be delayed though not showing it at all at E3 leaves a big hole to be filled. Hopefully like you say a new Metroid will be the main story and not this banjo kazooie spin off.

i hadnt even heard of a banjo kazooie spin off so just googled it. The original was an absolute gem of a game. Still remember beating Gruntilda took me ages. I like the idea of making another BK game but i fear the audience for this game is getting smaller all the time. If this is all Nintendo brings to the table at E3 then thats not enough imo. Metroid Prime 3 i thought was one of the best games on the Wii and largely went under the radar. A new Metroid would be awesome.

Megaman is a classic. I was never any good at it though and Earthbound i have never played but heard its a great game. It wil be a long time before i buy a new game on the Wii U. I cant see myself buying anything other than Zelda.

Im hoping that as my son gets a bit older (hes only 15 months old) i can turn him into a gamer so i can show him and relive all the old classics.

Archived