Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manwell Pablo

Wii-U

The 720 won't cost 450. It's not about the graphical output. The CPU is flawed.

I'm sure the CPU works fine!

It won't cost £450 because MS (and Sony) lose money on every console sold. Nintendo on the other hand don't have a massive computer/electronics company to back them up. They a gaming company and have to make a profit on every unit sold.

• 2 weeks later...

Then the price point of £300, which people are already moaning about, would rocket to £450+...

The Wii U can and does out put in 1080p (unlike the 360/PS3 where most games aren't even outputted in 720p). I'm not sure SuperHD TV's are going to be that popular in the next 4-5 years...

Can you show me a ps3 game thats come out this year that runs below 720p? Im pretty sure you've just made that up

Can you show me a ps3 game thats come out this year that runs below 720p? Im pretty sure you've just made that up

Okay, so maybe now they are all the way up to 720p (I've not really looked into it recently), but certainly in the first few years a lot of games were being outputted in 600/640p. Not really impressive for a 1080p console!

Okay, so maybe now they are all the way up to 720p (I've not really looked into it recently), but certainly in the first few years a lot of games were being outputted in 600/640p. Not really impressive for a 1080p console!

In defence of PS3 there are plenty of titles running at 1080p. When released, there were plenty in 720p. Resistance Fall of Man for example, day one release for the system ran 720p. So, I don't get your point!

Sony screwed up because when demo-ing Resistance for example the footage they ran at e3 and the like claimed it to be in game footage. Instead they downscaled it to 720p. Then we had the hype over that other fps exclusive ps3 title that didn't look great either. Can't remember what it was called.

Ps3 is full of hype most of which it hasn't fulfilled by and large. Great capabilities not fully utilised. It's like owning a Ferrari claiming it does 200mph but you can only do 70 in it. lol

As for 1080p you won't notice much difference even with WiiU unless you have a decent screen. Most LED screens are crap. Get a plasma.

In defence of PS3 there are plenty of titles running at 1080p. When released, there were plenty in 720p. Resistance Fall of Man for example, day one release for the system ran 720p. So, I don't get your point!

Sony screwed up because when demo-ing Resistance for example the footage they ran at e3 and the like claimed it to be in game footage. Instead they downscaled it to 720p. Then we had the hype over that other fps exclusive ps3 title that didn't look great either. Can't remember what it was called.

Ps3 is full of hype most of which it hasn't fulfilled by and large. Great capabilities not fully utilised. It's like owning a Ferrari claiming it does 200mph but you can only do 70 in it. lol

As for 1080p you won't notice much difference even with WiiU unless you have a decent screen. Most LED screens are crap. Get a plasma.

Hey my (plasma) TV only does 720p, so I really don't care... for now!

You will do when you invest 250 quid into something whIch surpasses the screen you view it on.

I have a Blu-Ray player, and I've not cried yet! In fact that looks stunning, esp. Pixar.

A good 720p TV is better than a crap 1080p TV.

And Nintendo in HD... :wub:

I have a Blu-Ray player, and I've not cried yet! In fact that looks stunning, esp. Pixar.

A good 720p TV is better than a crap 1080p TV.

And Nintendo in HD... :wub:

Not this one...

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/tvs/1292302/panasonic-viera-tx-p50vt50

Find me a better tv.

John Lewis do the 65" model for £3800. Go into John Lewis in town they have one on display, it will blow you away. If I had the money, I would get one. lol

Still, people will spend £1000+ on a sound system for their tv. Crazy IMO, but there you go!

Surely it's not about TV quality 1080p/Super HD, it's about how many polygons the machine can output onto the screen. 1080p SHOULD be good enough to show life-like graphics (when consoles get that powerful) as they already run life-like graphics - TV shows/Movies.

Surely it's not about TV quality 1080p/Super HD, it's about how many polygons the machine can output onto the screen. 1080p SHOULD be good enough to show life-like graphics (when consoles get that powerful) as they already run life-like graphics - TV shows/Movies.

Yes, but tv shows/movies don't run in 1080p on tv. The only way to get true 1080p is with a bluray player on a tv.

Yes, but tv shows/movies don't run in 1080p on tv. The only way to get true 1080p is with a bluray player on a tv.

I understand that, which is why i'm talking about the computer, be it, xbox 720/ps4 being able to render capable graphics. More polygons per second = a more life-like game. It's got nothing to do with the TV, as if the computer can output a real life image, then a 1080p TV would easily display it.

I think you'll find that the vast majority of Wii-U games arnt going to be running at 1080p, I honestly dont think you understand what these video resolutions actually mean either.

You've just created a pointception, your trying to argue a point with the same point your trying to defend the other side from.

Retailers across Britain are selling Wii U editions of multiplatform games at a significantly higher price point than their Xbox 360 and PS3 counterparts.

Analysis undertaken by CVG shows that third party games from Activision, THQ, Ubisoft and EA all show a significant mark-up on Wii U games when compared to the Xbox 360 version.

£55 for Black Ops.

Phube, defend this one. lol

Retailers across Britain are selling Wii U editions of multiplatform games at a significantly higher price point than their Xbox 360 and PS3 counterparts.

Analysis undertaken by CVG shows that third party games from Activision, THQ, Ubisoft and EA all show a significant mark-up on Wii U games when compared to the Xbox 360 version.

£55 for Black Ops.

Phube, defend this one. lol

I'm not defending retailers! European laws have stopped Nintendo from setting RRPs, so they make them up!

I for one am buying both my games for £35! :)

Edit:

Well amazon have Black Ops II on Wii U for £50, Zavvi for £43!

Where's it £55?

Plus on Zavvi the 'RRP' is £49.99 on Wii U, £54.99 on PS360!

• 1 month later...

Well Zombi U is new!... and according to most reputable game reviewers, is pretty lacklustre

Oh but there's New Super Mario Bros... which wasn't really new even 7 years ago.

But you've also got Rabbids Land to fall back on...

Yeah suprised at that, I thought that was going to be the consoles main pull.........has got a few decent reviews. I don't know whats going on at Euro games but they used to be extremly harsh and now they're handing out 9s +10s left right and centre. 7/10 from Edge is respectable as they are harsh. Obviously it got a inflated 92% off ONM. Gamespot ,Game Informer and IGN have all scathed it though

That Tank game has got destroyed and someone has described it as they worst launch game they have ever played lol.

NSMB: U Does look alright, but how many people are going to buy a Wii U for 1 ok game? (besides Phube) Not many.

It would be decent for online gaming on COD and AC though I can see the standard being dire compared to the XBOX/PS3 lol.

Four days to go! :celebrate:

lol

Some Nintendo head honcho has come out saying that multiplatform games looks better on WiiU. Well. He is comparing WiiU with hardware almost seven years old. What does he expect? Is this some sort of triumph?

IMO ZombiU looks an absolute disgrace for a WiiU exclusive. So, do I need to spend £300+ on something which looks marginally better?

No chance. The clever people will wait until this time next year, when the decent next next gen hardware is released. Not some stop gap gimmick touchscreen big as a brick controller.

But it comes in black as well as white...! Game changer right there...lol

Phube has an iPad.

I said 'proper' games... with buttons and EVERYTHING!!

Arkham City... whilst cooking dinner - Yes I can.

Assassins Creed III... whilst pooing - Sure!

MarioU... in bed - Don't mind if I do!

I love Nintendo's games. They make me smile. :) So I'm gonna get a WiiU. Still considering if I should line up for a midnight launch tomorrow or keep my cool, but man I'm very tempted.

Also Phube, dont get your hopes up to high. From what I have read around the net, playing games on the gamepad without the TV is getting iffy quickly if you get too far away or have obstacles between the gamepad and the console.

I love Nintendo's games. They make me smile. :) So I'm gonna get a WiiU. Still considering if I should line up for a midnight launch tomorrow or keep my cool, but man I'm very tempted.

Also Phube, dont get your hopes up to high. From what I have read around the net, playing games on the gamepad without the TV is getting iffy quickly if you get too far away or have obstacles between the gamepad and the console.

Obstacles lol, so that would rule out a different room then?

Best keep your subscription to the Guardian/Independant then Phube, wouldn't want you getting bored during your morning shit.

Archived