Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manwell Pablo

Wii-U

Sales Don't bother you??

Thats one, one, of about 100 posts you've made about how well the Wii sold. I think you actually went to a consoles war website at one point as well and posted a Pie chart showing how many consoles the Wii has sold, your one and only defence of the Nintendo Wii is that it sold well lol.

It is funny how now Nintendo are back to not selling well it no longer bothers you, interesting. lol

As I have never herd you say one bad thing about any Nintendo exclusive, ever, I think I'll stick to the opinions of the games reviewers thanks!

The were usually in reply to posts regarding something about Nintendo aren't filling demand or such like or have crap sales etc. As I said the better it sells the better for Nintendo, the better for me as I like their games!

And I genuinely don't know how well the Wii U is selling here or in America?

That's because I don't buy crap games! I research thoroughly beforehand!

The were usually in reply to posts regarding something about Nintendo aren't filling demand or such like or have crap sales etc. As I said the better it sells the better for Nintendo, the better for me as I like their games!

And I genuinely don't know how well the Wii U is selling here or in America?

That's because I don't buy crap games! I research thoroughly beforehand!

You massive fibber you were all over it!

It sold out launch day just about but since there has been no demand problems, approaching it's first month it's being outsold by the PS3 and the Xbox 360, the latter is out selling it by more than 3-1 (490,000)

Over here it isn't even going that well! No problem meeting demand at all, Although it is early days (40,000)

Have you bought Tanks Tanks Tanks yet?? lol

You massive fibber you were all over it!

It sold out launch day just about but since there has been no demand problems, approaching it's first month it's being outsold by the PS3 and the Xbox 360, the latter is out selling it by more than 3-1 (490,000)

Over here it isn't even going that well! No problem meeting demand at all, Although it is early days (40,000)

Have you bought Tanks Tanks Tanks yet?? lol

Nope... I'm sticking with Nintendo Land, Mario U, and ZombiU.

Sad news though... I can't play on the toilet (stupid 3 brick walls!!), but in bed play has been achieved! :D

Wii U

“I think you’re going to see now with the Wii U, notwithstanding its early launch support, nobody’s going to support it. I don’t think we’re going to see every game on the Wii U next year. I think when next-gen consoles come out they’re going to be better than the Wii U. Call of Duty is amazing on the Wii U this year. The problem with playing Call of Duty online is it’s a community and if there’s only four people playing it on the Wii U it’s no fun. Nobody in their right mind would buy a Wii U and say ‘I’m going to play Call of Duty.’ That’s like saying ‘I gave up Facebook, and it’s Google+ now’.â€

Found a video for Dragon Quest X out next year and it looked shocking for a supposed next next gen console. Looked no better than VIII on PS2. I think this will be the end of Nintendo by this time next year.

Wii U

“I think you’re going to see now with the Wii U, notwithstanding its early launch support, nobody’s going to support it. I don’t think we’re going to see every game on the Wii U next year. I think when next-gen consoles come out they’re going to be better than the Wii U. Call of Duty is amazing on the Wii U this year. The problem with playing Call of Duty online is it’s a community and if there’s only four people playing it on the Wii U it’s no fun. Nobody in their right mind would buy a Wii U and say ‘I’m going to play Call of Duty.’ That’s like saying ‘I gave up Facebook, and it’s Google+ now’.â€

Found a video for Dragon Quest X out next year and it looked shocking for a supposed next next gen console. Looked no better than VIII on PS2. I think this will be the end of Nintendo by this time next year.

lol Quoting Pachter... The Wii U is Doooooooomed!

Wii U

I don't think it'll sell well but I don't think it'll "end" NIntendo at all never mind by this time next year.

I don't get this whole poor ports argument, if you only want to play AC 3, or other x-box 360/PS3 games then don't by a Nintendo.

If you like Nintendo's quirky innovative games, then you buy a Nintendo.

I'm not really sure how the controller with the screen works, if it is truly innovative and actually adds to the game-play then it could work, but at the moment the juries out and the cash is staying in my bank account.

I don't get this whole poor ports argument, if you only want to play AC 3, or other x-box 360/PS3 games then don't by a Nintendo.

If you like Nintendo's quirky innovative games, then you buy a Nintendo.

I'm not really sure how the controller with the screen works, if it is truly innovative and actually adds to the game-play then it could work, but at the moment the juries out and the cash is staying in my bank account.

You just have to try Nintendo Land in local multiplayer... then you'll understand.

Asymetric Gaming FTW!!

• 4 months later...

Reduced by £50, Not even been out 6 months yet lol.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/49199/wii-u-price-falls-to-pound149-in-uk/

I was actually tempted to pick one up for the bedroom at that price, but upon checking it seems that there's still only 2 games even worth thinking about buying atm.

Seriously get one... they are awesome. If only for ZombiU (quite literally the most atmospheric, scary game I've ever played!). If you have friends then Nintendo Land is quality. And 'Off TV' play is the best thing EVER!

There just aren't any games for the system yet. Phube you need to play something like Amnesia Dark Descent if you want an atmospheric scary experience  :P 

The thing this console is missing is a Wii Sports esque title which never really gets old. Nintendo Land just isn't that good.

There just aren't any games for the system yet. Phube you need to play something like Amnesia Dark Descent if you want an atmospheric scary experience  :P

The thing this console is missing is a Wii Sports esque title which never really gets old. Nintendo Land just isn't that good.

(Played Amnesia for about 5 mins then felt sick... literally couldn't cope with the motion.... But have you played ZombiU?)

I beg to differ, Me and my daughter (3 1/2 years old) have put in >75 hours so far. The game is GENIUS for that reason alone. She can't really grasp the concept of Wii Sports, but she can play Nintendo Land Pikmin on her own and beat it! As a family we can play Mario Chase, Luigi's Mansion, Pikmin, Zelda, Animal Crossing, Donkey Kong's Crash course, F-Zero! No other system could do this, all because of the ridiculously intuitive touch screen and motion. 

And I can play Batman (awesome game BTW), ZombiU, NSMBU, LEGO City Undercover, the best version of NFS:MW for myself... and  there aren't even 'any games' on the system yet...

And lets not forget the MiiVerse which is also pretty amazing!

Sorry, I meant console selling games. While there are several 'good' games there hasn't been enough to tempt people to buy the system. If there was a Super Mario Galaxy 3, New Zelda, Metroid etc within the first 6 months it probably would have been a different story. Pikmin is coming out soon but I am just not sure that is a strong enough IP to kickstart sales.

I think I have read somewhere that Mr Iwata has said something similar about the lack of 3rd party support so far. Maybe the console just needs time for developers to work out how to use the sytem the best way.

Seriously get one... they are awesome. If only for ZombiU (quite literally the most atmospheric, scary game I've ever played!). If you have friends then Nintendo Land is quality. And 'Off TV' play is the best thing EVER!

Phube, I am not spending £180 odd quid in order to play ONE game lol.

Besides lets face it another price drop wont be far off they can't give the things away at the moment as their competing with systems with cheaper systems with better games.

If it drops lower and actually has about 7 exclusuive games worth playing I'll consider.

Phube, I am not spending £180 odd quid in order to play ONE game lol.

Besides lets face it another price drop wont be far off they can't give the things away at the moment as their competing with systems with cheaper systems with better games.

If it drops lower and actually has about 7 exclusuive games worth playing I'll consider.

Before Christmas (supposedly!):

New Super Luigi U, Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, Mario Kart, Rayman Legends, Wonderful 101, Game & Wario, DuckTales Re-mastered...

Then the usuals the next year: 3D Mario, Super Smash Bros, Zelda etc...

New Super Luigi U, Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, Mario Kart, Rayman Legends, Wonderful 101, Game & Wario, DuckTales Re-mastered...

Before Christmas, further price drop! Not even half way through the year yet!

I'll bide my time thank you (And that's still a woefully light selection of games compared to other consoles!)

So basically: a few HD ports/remakes, games that will available on other consoles, and rudimentary series installations. Nintendo really does seem to be running out of ideas

I'm definitely excited for Zelda: LTTP2 for 3DS, but have seen nothing exclusive for the Wii U so far or announced that would justify a purchase for me. In fact at this rate, I wouldn't even buy one on a whim unless it was about £50

Don't hold your breath for any ea games, they reckon they can't even get the last battlefield game to run on the hardware smoothly. So much for the wii u having better specs than the current gen.

Yeah massive problems with the hardware being able to run the frostbite 2 engine. The Wii U is quickly becoming a disaster before it's competitors have even hit the shelves.

Don't hold your breath for any ea games, they reckon they can't even get the last battlefield game to run on the hardware smoothly. So much for the wii u having better specs than the current gen.

I thought the problem was that it was revealed pre-launch that the Wii U barely matched the 360 in terms of processing power?

I'm sure with enough optimising, any PS3/360 game could be ported over, but it'd be far too much hassle for most developers.

It's also a problem that - in general - modern Nintendo owners don't tend to buy violent/adult games. COD sold disappointingly for pretty much every Wii/DS installment (especially considering the install base and fair-to-good reviews most got), MadWorld (Wii) sold terribly despite it being really original and getting some outstanding reviews.

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars sold absolutely abysmally on the DS despite the fact it was (and still is) the highest professionally rated game on the DS, and was DS exclusive for over 6 months before being ported to PSP and later iPhone/iPad. The latter being particularly disappointing as it's almost certain that Rockstar will never develop for Nintendo again, and Chinatown Wars really could have been the start of a fantastic spin-off series.

Don't expect much in the way of 3rd party support for Nintendo this generation. The 3DS started well (eg. Street Fighter IV being an incredible launch title, RE: Revelations being so popular it's actually being ported to PS3/360) but is now getting a trickle of support. The Wii U seems to have almost flat-lined already - obviously Nintendo will pump enough first-party games into it so it'll sell enough, but 3rd party exclusives almost non-existent

I had Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii and it was brilliant.

The new Monster Hunter for the Wii U also looks immense. Not going to buy a console just for the sake of one game though.

I have this terrible feeling i'm going to be suckered into buying this just for Zelda like I did for the Wii and gamecube. 

Why don't you go crazy and try other games on it too!!?

Archived