Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manwell Pablo

Wii-U

I'll just leave this here!

1c2ab9f862e1f6e522adbfc27cdbe441089c7cf9

lol

Your graph looks even more daft now. A further 12 months on and Nintendo haven't even shifted double what they did over the first months of sale.

It's official - 6.17 million units sold to this point.

"Woo hoo hoo!"

What's you defence Phube? lol

Nintendo really should start marketing the Wii U better, I've hardly seen any advertisements promoting the system. How do Nintendo expect the console to sell if it isn't marketed well ? The reason why the DS and Wii did well was because, they were well advertised same applies to the 3DS which is doing pretty good.

Their Policy of being a generation behind is really costing them now. It worked with the Wii mainly because, it's target audience where families and casual gamers who don't care about graphics and hardware. I had a Wii and had loads of fun on it but, I personally believe the Gamecube was their best console altough it didn't sell as well as the PS2 and Xbox. It was my first home console and it was more of a core console than the Wii and it had loads of good games including Super Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Paper Mario: The Thousand Door, Pokemon Colessum, Sonic Adventure DX and Sonic Adventure 2. I really could go on.

Anyway back to the Wii U, the poor launch line up and third party support is really costing them. Their only main third party support is coming from Ubisoft, Activision and Sega. EA no longer seem to support the system and you probably won't be getting any FIFA,Madden,Battlefield and Need For Speed again. Have heard Nintendo's online infrastructure on the Wii U , is terrible compared to the Xbox Live and Playstation Network and that you cannot purchase 18+ games from the eShop at certain times of the day. Which is stupid, as you can use parental controls on it.

I love Nintendo as they played a huge role in my childhood and started my passion for gaming. But, I want to see them get better as it feels like they cannot compete with Sony and Microsoft these days. Their stubbornness is really their own downfall, when it comes to online, hardware.  In order to save the console Ninty  really should had a remote play feature with the 3DS like the PS4 has with the Vita, market it better, give it the Wii U a price drop, start making main Pokemon games for it as Pokemon X and Y boosted 3DS sales, make it appeal to hardcore gamers, make some new IPS, take risks and make a Mario Galaxy 3. I'm sure that Mario Kart 8, which  looks brilliant will encouarge people to get a Wii U. I'm getting one mainly for MK8 and Super Smash Bros 4.

Nintendo really should start marketing the Wii U better, I've hardly seen any advertisements promoting the system. How do Nintendo expect the console to sell if it isn't marketed well ? The reason why the DS and Wii did well was because, they were well advertised same applies to the 3DS which is doing pretty good.

Their Policy of being a generation behind is really costing them now. It worked with the Wii mainly because, it's target audience where families and casual gamers who don't care about graphics and hardware. I had a Wii and had loads of fun on it but, I personally believe the Gamecube was their best console altough it didn't sell as well as the PS2 and Xbox. It was my first home console and it was more of a core console than the Wii and it had loads of good games including Super Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Paper Mario: The Thousand Door, Pokemon Colessum, Sonic Adventure DX and Sonic Adventure 2. I really could go on.

Anyway back to the Wii U, the poor launch line up and third party support is really costing them. Their only main third party support is coming from Ubisoft, Activision and Sega. EA no longer seem to support the system and you probably won't be getting any FIFA,Madden,Battlefield and Need For Speed again. Have heard Nintendo's online infrastructure on the Wii U , is terrible compared to the Xbox Live and Playstation Network and that you cannot purchase 18+ games from the eShop at certain times of the day. Which is stupid, as you can use parental controls on it.

I love Nintendo as they played a huge role in my childhood and started my passion for gaming. But, I want to see them get better as it feels like they cannot compete with Sony and Microsoft these days. Their stubbornness is really their own downfall, when it comes to online, hardware.  In order to save the console Ninty  really should had a remote play feature with the 3DS like the PS4 has with the Vita, market it better, give it the Wii U a price drop, start making main Pokemon games for it as Pokemon X and Y boosted 3DS sales, make it appeal to hardcore gamers, make some new IPS, take risks and make a Mario Galaxy 3. I'm sure that Mario Kart 8, which  looks brilliant will encouarge people to get a Wii U. I'm getting one mainly for MK8 and Super Smash Bros 4.

Well said.

when you mentioned the gamecube i was thinking 'you best have paper mario thousand year door in there' which you didnt disappoint :thumbup: what a great game.

its about time they caught up with the new generation of kids and done some more adult games to go with the marios and pokemons. Would have much more appeal as a console if they had more games for the adult gamer rather than just the child gamer.

i also agree that better advertising would generate more sales but i would say this is down to not having many A* games out. With Mario Kart you will start to see adverts again. Nintendo need to have a good E3 otherwise they could be left even further behind in the shadows of Xbox1 and PS4.

Im hoping for a Zelda and Metroid announcement at E3.

lol

Your graph looks even more daft now. A further 12 months on and Nintendo haven't even shifted double what they did over the first months of sale.

It's official - 6.17 million units sold to this point.

"Woo hoo hoo!"

What's you defence Phube? lol

I can't defend the general public's ignorance can I? :P

You could but that would involve criticizing Nintendo's dire marketing campaign which we all know your not capable of.

Hey I'll always criticise their inability to market systems... but never their games!

turned the Wii U on last night for first time in ages and thought id go on the Eshop to see what available to buy. im scrolling down when...

OMG

SUPER MARIO KART

£1.49

BARGAIN

:vardy: 

had a quick blast and its still amazing

Seriously, if its hacked, they'll shift units - although maybe now that chance is gone, since there is already pretty much zero developer support and piracy will probably kill off any which is left.

Same story for the Vita/PSP. Vicious circle. PSP so popular as it had developer support, so hackers put effort in to cracking it and soon an exploit was discovered. Vita, the developers don't jump in to bed with sony so readily AND it looks unlikely to be hacked any time soon so both punters and developers are not keen, hence poor sales.

Not sure what point I'm trying to make - but its food for thought, right?

Seriously, if its hacked, they'll shift units - although maybe now that chance is gone, since there is already pretty much zero developer support and piracy will probably kill off any which is left.

Same story for the Vita/PSP. Vicious circle. PSP so popular as it had developer support, so hackers put effort in to cracking it and soon an exploit was discovered. Vita, the developers don't jump in to bed with sony so readily AND it looks unlikely to be hacked any time soon so both punters and developers are not keen, hence poor sales.

Not sure what point I'm trying to make - but its food for thought, right?

I really don't think they would, since the introduction of live online services the popularity of hacked systems has plummeted. Most people want to play online and if you're on a knock off console you'll get spotted and shut down. 

The kids Wii packed up last month so invested in a Wii U as it also plays Wii games so it made sense. They love it so far and I have been impressed by it. Pre-ordered the new Mario Kart game so cant wait to have a blast on that with them  :)

The kids Wii packed up last month so invested in a Wii U as it also plays Wii games so it made sense. They love it so far and I have been impressed by it. Pre-ordered the new Mario Kart game so cant wait to have a blast on that with them  :)

It IS an amazing family console. If you haven't got it, get Nintendoland. Me and my daughter (4 years old) have played a crazy 500+ games of the Pikmin! Also get ZombiU forget GameSpot's 'review', scariest god damn game I have ever played!

It IS an amazing family console. If you haven't got it, get Nintendoland. Me and my daughter (4 years old) have played a crazy 500+ games of the Pikmin! Also get ZombiU forget GameSpot's 'review', scariest god damn game I have ever played!

The problem with Pikmin multiplayer (single player is great) is that the person using the WiiU Gamepad gets a major advantage over the person with the regular controller (which the camera view is pants for).

Also, my girlfriend shouts at me every time I throw Pikmin at her; apparently attacking the other player is mean, and you have to play peacefully.

Edit: Oops, I thought you meant Pikmin 3!

Mario Kart 8 seems to be have been received extremely well, embarrassing how much more quality there is on Nintendo's system over six months after the PS4/One have hit the shelves.  

i dont know if your taking the peff or not  :ph34r:

these titles dont come out often enough to save the Wii U tbh

I havent really played the pikmin game on nintendoland yet. Were always playing mario chase and the ghost game. so funny lol

Oops, I thought we were talking about Pikmin 3! Nintendo Land is amazing though; the animal crossing game on it is the best!

The system is finished. Doesn't matter how much quality there is for it, the sales figures do the talking.

Its hardly finished. I agree its well down on sales but with games like mario kart, smash bros,Zelda and Metroid the sales will pick up. Although i still think they will need to do more than that to get even close to PS4/XB1

Its hardly finished. I agree its well down on sales but with games like mario kart, smash bros,Zelda and Metroid the sales will pick up. Although i still think they will need to do more than that to get even close to PS4/XB1

pick up....sales figures suggest its only ever a small pick up...like a pebble thrown in the ocean so to speak....not nearly enough to pick it up.

the Wii U wont come close to the Xbox 1 or PS4....Nintendo almost seem like its so so...they have lost their way big time in my view

pick up....sales figures suggest its only ever a small pick up...like a pebble thrown in the ocean so to speak....not nearly enough to pick it up.

the Wii U wont come close to the Xbox 1 or PS4....Nintendo almost seem like its so so...they have lost their way big time in my view

you've pretty much repeated what i said. A pick up in sales generally means a small increase. I also stated that they would need to do more than just release a few games to even get close to PS4/XB1.

In a previous post i made (not sure if it in this thread) my views were that Nintendo have left it too long relying on innovative gimmicks whilst just rolling out the same games ie Mario.

Now i will always love Mario since i grew up playing Mario games but Nintendo really need to step up with more original games that play to the adult and todays kids audience. The generation i grew up in are now obviously older and nintendo haven't kept up with the times. Kids nowadays i find have a priority in games which is Graphics. If a game doesnt look graphically brilliant they turn away without giving the game a chance. Constantly rolling out new Mario games whilst they are great games, when put next to the likes of 'the last of us' and 'titanfall' are always going to come out in last place.

I really hope Nintendo keep making the likes of Mario, Metroid and Zelda (personally Zelda is my all time favourite game series) but also start creating new games that graphically are on par with the PS4/XB1. The Wii U is quite a powerful machine so can certainly handle games that are graphically better (maybe not upto Ps4/XB1 standards but im sure it wouldnt be too far off). Without new graphically better games the Wii U will ultimately fade away.

In fact we had a lad in at work for work experience,he is 15 yrs old and the conversation got onto gaming. He has an Xbox 360 at the moment. He asked me what my favourite game is and i said one of my favourites is Ocarina of Time/Majoras mask. To which he responded 'never heard of it' :jawdrop: i couldnt believe it.

I then showed him a picture of an N64. He had never seen one. i felt sorry for him for missing out on such classics like Goldeneye,Zelda,Mario 64,Lylat Wars,Blast Corps and many more.

I showed him pictures of Goldeneye and his first response was 'looks shit'.

This just proves my point.

I do fear for Nintendo. They best have some tricks up there sleeves otherwise they dont stand a chance.

The system is finished. Doesn't matter how much quality there is for it, the sales figures do the talking.

The sales figures are another discussion altogether and completely besides the point, the point I am making is it's got more quality than both the next gen competitors put together, and that's embarrassing. 

i dont know if your taking the peff or not  :ph34r:

these titles dont come out often enough to save the Wii U tbh

Not at all you want to talk geniune quality software it's easy to see where the smart money is at the moment. 

Not that many people are smart though unfortunately, they seem to be under the impression if something sells a lot then it's good.

Not at all you want to talk geniune quality software it's easy to see where the smart money is at the moment. 

Not that many people are smart though unfortunately, they seem to be under the impression if something sells a lot then it's good.

I can see where you're coming from. Ive had Battlefield on PS4 and had a go on Titanfall. Both good games. But i can happily admit i had much more enjoyment playing Lego City Undercover on the Wii U. Brilliant game

Archived