Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Did you go on the pitch...

194 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get on the pitch?

• Yes
    • No

I'm afraid some blame has to go to the stewards / police. As the players passed L1 that section gradually got further and further onto the pitch but this time no one stopped them so the inevitable happened.

No surprise it all started in L1 though.

Sorry, sarcasm isn't always easy to identity on the here lol

No worries, it just seams to be the response when people selfishly do what they like.

At Bolton away on the top tier two lads stood infront on an elderly group, when asked to sit down or move to the back the reply was '**** off it's away innit'

My apologies I thought you was talking about it like you did it so I apologise. However back on topic my point still stands if people just of waited till the players were off the pitch with their families all of this abuse towards fellow fans could have been avoided. But typically people ruin it for others for selfish reasons.

No worries, I can see both sides, for me don't see the need for the families to parade round and get an ovation from the crowd, and yes have no problems with the pitch invasion, it's a way football fans celebrate, and like somebody posted earlier, a lot of pitch invasions happened around the country today, and some for no reason, but those who did could have shown some patients.

I know the club cannot announce to fans they can invade after the players have left the pitch, but would have made the stewards life's easier if the could have passed it down to them, and they could have told fans, like somebody said a bit more thought from fans and the club, everybody could have got what they wanted.

Absolute tosh from a site I wish I never discovered. Sick of all these family excuses and being 'told' what we should and shouldn't do. I'm a bloke of 40 and in my opinion why shouldn't the younger lads chant, go on pitch et etc..??! Get off ya high horse and live a little eh and you may even excite yourselves. And just to finish my little rant too many of you think your middle class when infact your just the normal working class. Av a word

Absolute tosh from a site I wish I never discovered. Sick of all these family excuses and being 'told' what we should and shouldn't do. I'm a bloke of 40 and in my opinion why shouldn't the younger lads chant, go on pitch et etc..??! Get off ya high horse and live a little eh and you may even excite yourselves. And just to finish my little rant too many of you think your middle class when infact your just the normal working class. Av a word

Who said anything about class?

Personally I don't find the thought of running on a bit of grass exciting

I've been stuck in deepest Stevenage all day without any reception playing cricket. Can someone succinctly explain to me what happened today?

1. Before the game the club asked for supporters not to go on the pitch because the presentation wouldn't take place
  2. About 500 fans went on the pitch from near L1, with a minority also going on at SK1, just before the stage was complete only for the whole ground to start chanting 'wankers' at them which swifty removed them
  3. Presentation went off without a hitch and the players family came out to do the mandatory lap of hounour
  4. When the players got the L1 and N1 a group of, let's say, morons ran on the pitch whilst the players families were still on the pitch
  5. Players starting running off the pitch, with Kasper (who was near me) looking terrified with the trophy in one hand and his toddler son in another
  6. Once all the players were off the pitch everyone streamed onto the pitch

And that's pretty much it I think. 

Why are Leicester fans and the club so against it and even players speaking out? All the other clubs it happens and thats the way it is?

I also think when the announcer said "you are spoiling it for everyone" was out of order, **** off were they spoiling it for everyone, its negative comments like that that do

Why are Leicester fans and the club so against it and even players speaking out? All the other clubs it happens and thats the way it is?

I also think when the announcer said "you are spoiling it for everyone" was out of order, **** off were they spoiling it for everyone, its negative comments like that that do

I think it's the fact that it happened with young children on the pitch which is making the players speak out about it today. The players who I saw seemingly had a great time at Huddersfield, and there was nothing talked about that one by the players. 

I took the kids on at the end and got some great photos on the pitch, they loved it giving them a stronger bond with the club and sport. Players bringing their family's onto the pitch never happened until a few years back when, I think, Man U players did it first and it's not something I see as necessary as a supporter.

Pitch invasions are nothing new yet people complaining about them are, modern football eh, I know a number of fans slagging our support off today were on the pitch against burnley, Oxford and spurs years back. Fun when they were young but not for them now so no one should do it.

Supporters are as important, if not more so, than the players and staff at clubs yet we are often treated as outsiders to the game and clubs we support. Top was loving the attention today stopping and shaking hands posing for photos and talking to fans in the lap of honour and that brings fans closer to the club. In an ideal world they would have waited until the lap of honour was complete and invaded but passion and occasion take over and some peoples reaction to it is over the top.

Maybe if they announced over the tanoy for fans to stay off the pitch during the presentation and lap of honour people would have got the message and not been desperate to rake the first opportunity. The game and right to celebrate is as much ours as it is the players and in that I feel that pitch invasions are, as they always have been, an acceptable consequence.

I went on right at the end when all the players were long gone .  What i did love was that we were sat in A1 today so the lap of honor never made it to us because of the pitch invasion started in L1, But Nigel Pearson thought his way back through the fans to walk all the way back to our corner to applaud our side of the stadium .

We are the fans who will still be here long after these players have moved on, when you look back in 10 years you will either remember yourself having a great day celebrating on the pitch or shouting wankers at your own fans.

To be honest what were the players wives and kids doing on the pitch? The money grabbing wives were strolling round the pitch in their posh clothes like they are ****ing royalty! I was livid when i saw GTF's tweet... Your family has nothing to do with it so don't take them on the pitch! FFS!

Thing is I can understand people wanting to go onto the pitch really I do. Just think a lot of fans should of been patient and waited to do it. As regards the stewards and police no matter how many were there the sheer number of people wanting to get on would eventually overwhelm them like it did so you can't really blame them for that

To be honest what were the players wives and kids doing on the pitch? The money grabbing wives were strolling round the pitch in their posh clothes like they are ****ing royalty! I was livid when i saw GTF's tweet... Your family has nothing to do with it so don't take them on the pitch! FFS!

They wanted their families to enjoy the moment with them what's wrong with that im sure you would want to share the moment of lifting the trophy with your family if ylu were in their shoes

They wanted their families to enjoy the moment with them what's wrong with that im sure you would want to share the moment of lifting the trophy with your family if ylu were in their shoes

Watfords pitch invasion = spontaneity at its best and how it should be

Ours = pointless, selfish and stupidity

c

I'm sorry, but that doesn't stand for me. We weren't given an opportunity for any spontaneity because our fixtures were ironically pushed about by Sky trying to catch the moment we went up.

I'm not advocating running onto the pitch whilst players' families were on it, but as people have posted in this thread, they enjoyed getting on and some parents got to take their kids on there too.

We all know it's more than a bit of grass. You can simplify anything and make it sound shit.

We are the fans who will still be here long after these players have moved on, when you look back in 10 years you will either remember yourself having a great day celebrating on the pitch or shouting wankers at your own fans.

But what about the fans who never got to see the trophy paraded because others were too selfish to wait because they wanted their moment of glory with the players. Whilst I'm nor averse to a pitch invasion, it's surely better when you win promotion or the title straight after the game when only the players and not their young families are on the pitch. Whilst this opportunity never arose at the KP this year, it doesn't excuse spoiling part of the day for about a quarter of the fans who never had the chance to applaud the team for such a fantastic season and see them show off the trophy.

But what about the fans who never got to see the trophy paraded because others were too selfish to wait because they wanted their moment of glory with the players. Whilst I'm nor averse to a pitch invasion, it's surely better when you win promotion or the title straight after the game when only the players and not their young families are on the pitch. Whilst this opportunity never arose at the KP this year, it doesn't excuse spoiling part of the day for about a quarter of the fans who never had the chance to applaud the team for such a fantastic season and see them show off the trophy.

Not worth the bother mate, they're too dense to understand.

This really isn't a big deal, is it? I mean, there was even a pitch invasion at Bolton and they had absolutely nothing to celebrate. It's par for the course on the last day of the season. And it might be a bit cringeworthy but at least we'd actually won something.

The first invasion was laughable but the sound of so many of our own fans chanting 'wankers' at their 'own' was far worse than a few prats scooting about on the pitch. Yes it's daft, yes moan and groan and call for them to get off, but why are we so aggressively divisive? I mean, read this forum.

Much like most of the other pitch invasions taking place up and down the country it was good-spirited. I was there in 1992 when there was a riot on the pitch, and today there was a similar incident at Bristol Rovers. But nobody has beaten anyone up or started a riot at the KP. The presentation took place, didn't it? Really, if this was a 'disgrace', or you really do think these guys are 'wankers' then you might be better off at the theatre.

As for the second invasion; I thought it was equally daft, equally contrived. But players moaning about getting their kids off the pitch? If that's true - and I doubt it is - then they're the real fools. If you're really worried about how your kids will cope with a pitch invasion (and I don't see why you would be - you see enough kids at festivals, on street marches and in pitch invasions!), and it's the last day of the season (when pitch invasions tend to take place) AND you'd just seen a pitch invasion a few minutes earlier, then it might be worth thinking twice about bringing your kids onto the pitch, no?

Archived