Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Did you go on the pitch...

194 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get on the pitch?

• Yes
    • No

Watfords pitch invasion = spontaneity at its best and how it should be

Ours = pointless, selfish and stupidity

I'd argue there's was worse if anything. Doing it during the game is pretty outrageous really, although I don't blame them for it.

To be honest what were the players wives and kids doing on the pitch? The money grabbing wives were strolling round the pitch in their posh clothes like they are ****ing royalty! I was livid when i saw GTF's tweet... Your family has nothing to do with it so don't take them on the pitch! FFS!

I suppose you could say the players themselves were actively bringing fans onto the pitch; people who had nothing more to do with us winning the game than you or me. So what are we saying: it's okay for a fan to come on the pitch, so long as you're one of the fans that the players want on the pitch?

We can't be annoyed because people were on the pitch who had no good reason to be, because the players themselves had invited such people on. We can't be annoyed because the trophy wasn't presented, because it was. And we can't be annoyed because it turned nasty, because it didn't.

For as long as the football league tolerate pitch invasions (they didn't use to) this sort of thing will happen. And, in all honesty, who cares if it does?

I only went on after the presentation had finished, felt the fans that ran on the pitch before the presentation spoiled it a little could have been patient and waited a bit longer. I know a poor steward got hurt, just in front the kop hope he's okay? I didn't see what happened I just seen him on the ground in some sort of distress.

I didnt invade the pitch but I did go on it, terrible what happened to the stewards when we werent meant to go on, however at the end of a season like this when the time is right I think it is ok to go on but only when the stewards say it is ok and it is safe. Amazing season and a fitting way to celebrate.

To be honest what were the players wives and kids doing on the pitch? The money grabbing wives were strolling round the pitch in their posh clothes like they are ****ing royalty! I was livid when i saw GTF's tweet... Your family has nothing to do with it so don't take them on the pitch! FFS!

How lovely. Few too many cokes after the game? lol.

It's also made me laugh how many people are saying 'all the people that went on the pitch are wankers... except for those who came on when all of the players had left the field'. So why go down and join them? If I was sat up in the stands with a sea of wankers in front of me then the last thing I'd want to do is mill around with them for the next quarter of an hour.

Let's face it, if you went on the pitch it was largely out of envy of Watford last season, or even Burnley this season. Our pitch invasion, on the other hand, had nothing spontaneous about it. It may even have been verging on the pathetic. But why would we envy Watford or Burnley now? We're Champions, no? Even if we don't get to prance around on the pitch for a few awkward moments.

So a bit pathetic, maybe. Wankers? Grow up.

What a nasty hate filled comment!

Why shouldn't the players family be a part of it? If you achieved something amazing in your life wouldn't you want your family to be involved?

Absolute tosh from a site I wish I never discovered. Sick of all these family excuses and being 'told' what we should and shouldn't do. I'm a bloke of 40 and in my opinion why shouldn't the younger lads chant, go on pitch et etc..??! Get off ya high horse and live a little eh and you may even excite yourselves. And just to finish my little rant too many of you think your middle class when infact your just the normal working class. Av a word

How has that got 4 rep points?!

Ur all jus jel becuz ur not middle class enuff!

Can't beleev all the players lookin out 4 there famlees wen we wanted to party with them.

Idiotic comment - what gives you the right to spoil it for others - some never got the chance to see the cup paraded as those who wanted their selfish moment on the pitch before the players left spoilt that moment.

Whatever happened to self control and common sense?

Why do fans need to be told how to act responsibly? It's flamin common sense people!

So it's responsible to invade a pitch in the heat of the moment, before a game's even finished like Watford or Burnley? But running onto the pitch five minutes after a game has finished, then wandering off as soon as you're told is irresponsible?

WEsKjz4.gif?1

Idiotic comment - what gives you the right to spoil it for others - some never got the chance to see the cup paraded as those who wanted their selfish moment on the pitch before the players left spoilt that moment.

I just can't believe you are so bothered about this. We won a cup. That matters.

So it's responsible to invade a pitch in the heat of the moment, before a game's even finished like Watford or Burnley? But running onto the pitch five minutes after a game has finished, then wandering off as soon as you're told is irresponsible?

I was thinking more about the people that charged towards the players and their kids

Really?? I think GTF family who were invited onto the pitch has much more right to be on there than those not invited.

Also, the main point here is you are basically saying they should not be on there in your opinion, so if they get trampled on by people not invited on there then it is their own fault.

You are deluded, and obviously someone without a family.

Money grabbing wives - maybe that point would suggest you are possibly just trying to attract a response. Hopefully this is the case and that no real person actually really does believe in what you wrote

Wondered on once the whole thing had calmed down and the stewards had opened the gates to freely let people go on.

Was nice to have a walk across the pitch and see it from a different perspective, also nice to feel the grass. Good scenes.

Absolute ****ing cuntage of the highest order from the people that ran on whilst the players and their family members were walking round though. I hope you all get run over by the bus on Monday.

What a nasty hate filled comment!

Why shouldn't the players family be a part of it? If you achieved something amazing in your life wouldn't you want your family to be involved?

But he is actually right. The team are the ones who have won a trophy, they are the ones we want to see parading it, not their families. Good for them that they bring their family and friends onto the pitch (I have no problem with that any more or less than I have a problem with other supporters being on the pitch) but if you're scared of them getting caught in a pitch invasion (and really you shouldn't be), then don't do it on the one day that pitch invasions tend to take place, 5 minutes after another pitch invasion.

But he is actually right. The team are the ones who have won a trophy, they are the ones we want to see parading it, not their families. Good for them that they bring their family and friends onto the pitch (I have no problem with that any more or less than I have a problem with other supporters being on the pitch) but if you're scared of them getting caught in a pitch invasion (and really you shouldn't be), then don't do it on the one day that pitch invasions tend to take place, 5 minutes after another pitch invasion.

As someone has already said the families were invited and actually had permission to be on the pitch

Do you really think such a hate filled horrible rant is right? I don't and nor do the majority on here

Wondered on once the whole thing had calmed down and the stewards had opened the gates to freely let people go on.

Was nice to have a walk across the pitch and see it from a different perspective, also nice to feel the grass. Good scenes.

Absolute ****ing cuntage of the highest order from the people that ran on whilst the players and their family members were walking round though. I hope you all get run over by the bus on Monday.

So, as I said before, you felt the need to be on the pitch with a bunch of ****s? If I had felt that strongly about the people already on the pitch then I'd have had no interest in hanging around with them for fifteen minutes.

I was thinking more about the people that charged towards the players and their kids

Seriously, nobody was ever going to get hurt. You get enough kids at rock concerts, street protests and, indeed, in the thick of pitch invasions. And like I said, it's the day when pitch invasions take place, a pitch invasion had already taken place, if you're that cautious of having your kids in midst of a pitch invasion...

As someone has already said the families were invited and actually had permission to be on the pitch

Do you really think such a hate filled horrible rant is right? I don't and nor do the majority on here

I'm not interested in majorities or minorities, but no, I have nothing against GTF taking his family on the pitch. And I saw his tweet and didn't see anything worth getting upset over.

In honesty, I didn't go on the pitch. But when some fans (in this case family members of players) have already been invited on the pitch it is, on the final day of a successful season, the sort of thing which subconsciously tells us that - as fellow supporters - now might be a good time to head onto the pitch ourselves. And I have nothing much against that either!

Having followed city for over 30 years I just don't get the desire to get on the pitch. Ever since the Brighton match there has been a constant desire on this forum for people to get on the pitch. I thought they got this out of there system with the Huddersfield game. Pitch invasions need to be spontaneous, this was desperation! The worst one being the one before the presentation. Total and utter disregard for any other fans or player. Selfish twats. What did they get out of that? Apart from around 30,000 people thinking they are cu**s! Which they are.

If people were desperate to go on the pitch then do it after the players lap of honour, don't ruin it for everyone else.

Archived