Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Did you go on the pitch...

194 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get on the pitch?

• Yes
    • No

Guest LCFC_World

The first pitch invasion from those in L1 was terrible. Trying to ruin the celebrations. The second one could have started a little after the players went, then it would have been perfect. Nether the less it was a fantastic day. But this picture just shows the fans joy.

post-20234-0-43466500-1399144256_thumb.j

Just wish everyone could've waited until the lap of honour had finished. Selfish from many people as we all had a free reign to go on the pitch once the players had gone in! I can't believe some fans were running at the players when they had their kids with them.

Having waited patiently in the Family Stand for the players' lap of honour, the second 'Stone Island' invasion didn't go down very well around me.

Just wish everyone could've waited until the lap of honour had finished. Selfish from many people as we all had a free reign to go on the pitch once the players had gone in! I can't believe some fans were running at the players when they had their kids with them.

It wasn't relayed to the masses, maybe if it was, all this rubbish could have been avoided.

It was quite clear that once the players had left the pitch the fans were going to be allowed on. There was probably a third of the crowd who never got to see the players and the trophy. And the players never got to celebrate in front of their families and friends. Pity really as it spoilt a really good day.

Hopefully Kasper will decide to join someone else next season because of this then maybe the thick fans might actually begin to realise players are real people too not selfie machines and learn to show them a bit of respect 

I was all for people going on the pitch once the match had ended, celebrate with them before they come back out for the presentation!

The first run on, what was the ****ing point! no-one was around and they were setting up a stage!

The second, my god! You couldn't wait for them to drop off their children at the entrance first! think before you do something this stupid in the future.

If Kasper or anyone out of contract leaves at the end of the season that you hoped would stay, just wonder if it was because you tried to mob them and their families.

Let's be honest, it was disgraceful. Nothing more, nothing less. Running on while several players have very young kids with them? Some people are brain dead, there's no other word for it. It was blatantly obvious that there would be an invasion after the lap of honour. Shame that hundreds of idiots didn't have the decency to respect the players, their families and the other fans in the ground.

Let's be honest, it was disgraceful. Nothing more, nothing less. Running on while several players have very young kids with them? Some people are brain dead, there's no other word for it. It was blatantly obvious that there would be an invasion after the lap of honour. Shame that hundreds of idiots didn't have the decency to respect the players, their families and the other fans in the ground.

Haven't read the rest of the thread but agree with this.

It's a sign of the times I'm afraid. Many people are selfish and feel entitled to do what they want these days regardless of the consequences

I think the whole thing has given me even more reason to think the club should work the pitch invaders rather than against them.

Announcements telling fans they'd be let on after the lap would've kept order and made for a pitch invasion that worked better for everyone.

Legally they cant actually do that.

It's a sign of the times I'm afraid. Many people are selfish and feel entitled to do what they want these days regardless of the consequences

But I payed 30 squids for a ticket il do what I want

Watfords pitch invasion = spontaneity at its best and how it should be

Ours = pointless, selfish and stupidity

I wonder if it would have happened had there been one against Brighton or had we had our moment where we went up whilst playing and got on the pitch. It seemed that people felt deprived of their chance that they were going to do it today because they could. Wouldn't have minded had they waited for the players to so their pitch but it was simply selfish and I don't blame the players with kids being angry about it. What's done is done and thankfully the presentation still went ahead.

Watching Soccer Saturday, I couldn't believe the amount of fans that went on the pitch from a lot of the games, even teams with nothing to play for, just going on the pitch for sake of being on the pitch seems rather pathetic

I went on with my son and daughter but only at the end. The stewards opened up a corner for fans to casually walk on otherwise I wouldn't have. I was disappointed that the fans ran on when they did if I'm honest!

It was obvious that the fans were going to invade the pitch. Any kind of intelligence would have known that. In my opinion they should have asked everyone to stay off the pitch during the celebrations and let the fans know that they were welcome on once the families were off.

A steward was injured during the first pitch invasion.

I seen him on the floor near the kop ran over to see if he was ok didnt look good shouted st johns ambulance n other steweards for help. Anyway I can find out how he is

I agree the first pitch invasion was fvcking stupid. But GTF's tweet did piss me off, he said it ruined the celebrations! It didn't ruin them, yes of course I agree the children would have been terrified but come on we still celebrated!

I went on with my son and daughter but only at the end. The stewards opened up a corner for fans to casually walk on otherwise I wouldn't have. I was disappointed that the fans ran on when they did if I'm honest!

It was obvious that the fans were going to invade the pitch. Any kind of intelligence would have known that. In my opinion they should have asked everyone to stay off the pitch during the celebrations and let the fans know that they were welcome on once the families were off.

Why do people need to be told this? It's common sense

Can't believe the idiots did that when the kids were with them. Think Dyer had 3 with him which isn't great when you have hundreds of people trying to mob you. No wonder he was pissed.

That said, if I was a parent I wouldn't have taken my child on - always looked like it could happen at any time. How are we the only team that can't do a proper pitch invasion without a bunch of dicks making fools out of themselves?

Can't believe the idiots did that when the kids were with them. Think Dyer had 3 with him which isn't great when you have hundreds of people trying to mob you. No wonder he was pissed.

That said, if I was a parent I wouldn't have taken my child on - always looked like it could happen at any time. How are we the only team that can't do a proper pitch invasion without a bunch of dicks making fools out of themselves?

Tbf reading fans made themselves look like idiots today

Guest ttfn

Personally don't see why players wives, girlfriends and kids come on the pitch anyway. What are they there for? Some of the players/staff family were acting like they were royalty and The mentality of "How dare they come on the pitch whilst we were there" is ridiculous in my view. I wasn't anywhere near the pitch invasions till everyone was allowed on but it was to be expected that people were going to get on to try and celebrate with the players.

It's pretty obvious the players don't care about the fans. The celebrations were poorly organised as it all happened in front of the smallest stand and people could barely see anything.

I sympathise quite a lot with the first half of this post. I don't understand what the wives and kids are doing on the pitch - if the club wants to celebrate their role hold a dinner or a family day for them. Having them on the pitch seems completely inappropriate.

But once they're on the pitch, people running towards them are only going to get a negative reaction. I'm sure no threat was there but it's easy to understand why a parent would be worried about their kids in that sort of situation.

What's this if you had just waited, I didn't invade the pitch once, chemotherapy made sure I didn't get on, but I will defend those that did, as they are being made out to be thugs by some, and I would say the vast majority it was good natured and enjoyment, ok not everybody wanted to do it, but it doesn't make them thugs or bad people, just people with just a differing idea of fun than others.

My apologies I thought you was talking about it like you did it so I apologise. However back on topic my point still stands if people just of waited till the players were off the pitch with their families all of this abuse towards fellow fans could have been avoided. But typically people ruin it for others for selfish reasons.

Archived