Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

I'd agree if Allardyce wasn't in charge. The mans a dinosaur and he'll be gone within the first 3 months. If the new man can get it going with the squad he inherits then I can see them sneaking a top ten.

Look at what's happened at other clubs where he's left though...Bolton, Newcastle, Blackburn, all down within a couple of years of him leaving. 

So am I. Don't get why they want rid when they keep Torres over him. Mind you, I like Lukaku and it'd probably be best for himself to move. Everton certainly lack strength in attack at the minute imo.

Everton are quietly going about their business in the right way again, signing Barry on a permanent deal, and maybe Lukaku is excellent business for them, and what Everton fans wanted to see. Besic is a good little signing as well, looks hard as nails. Meant to be getting Lacina Traore back on loan as well, as he missed most of last season's loan spell through injury. However it will be interesting to see if they can keep hold of McCarthy, been linked with a move away, touted as the future captain of Everton, despite having Besic, Osman, Gibson, McCarthy would be a huge loss. 

Genuinely worried how the table will look after the first 5 games, could knock the confidence completely.

I think we will be pointless.

we'll pick up points somewhere but it's not going to be pretty, unfortunately people won't be realistic and will be writing NP off. 

we'll pick up points somewhere but it's not going to be pretty, unfortunately people won't be realistic and will be writing NP off. 

Agreed. I've got confidence in Nigel keeping us up, I just think we might be bottom at the end of September. I'm not to bothered losing (not get hammered though) to the Chelsea's, Arsenal's, Liverpool's etc, it's the games against Villa, West Brom, Hull etc that are crucial and we got to win realistically.

Yep, but seeing a player of his calibre in a Liverpool shirt in the future  :sick:

"His calibre" lol are you joking?

Good signing for them

Ridiculous money and that's coming from us who've spent £8mil on Ulloa.

Very nice kit though.

When do you play Southampton - they look like being in a real mess and could have a tricky start.

Away on 8th November, home on 9th May.

Their start isn't too bad, after Liverpool they play WBA, West Ham, Newcastle and QPR.

It worries me that a team like Southampton can be completely decimated by the bigger teams like they have. Could easily be us in a season or two...

Also, goes to show how fortunate that we managed to hold onto our key players.

I don't think it will be us. It's natural to think that but lets imagine Leicester have done a Southampton (and we're in as good a position to do so as anyone IMO), do you really think Pearson won't have a contingency plan? Southampton are in such a mess because they've actually changed ownership and I'm lead to believe it's their old owner's daughter who now runs things - problem is, she's not got a clue and she's just selling their players without any real plan to bring in replacements. Tadic and Pelle are good players, but where are the others? Even if they replace them all, they're all going to be quick-fix signings who've had no pre-season together and it's no use for them. Pochettino's seen this coming and made the right move in my opinion.

As for Chelsea - it can't be just me who thinks Lukaku is a bit over-rated? He's got a very decent record but his all-round game is largely questionable. There are better forwards out there. I agree with people saying he's a better bet than Torres but I think that's simply a case of no-one wanting Torres off them, the bloke's finished.

Is Lukaku to Everton definitely happening?! I'm amazed Chelsea continue to farm him out.

Probably peeved his transfer request has been turned down, relationships turning sour etc....

Just to be devils advocate is it he don't want to leave but soton have accepted an offer

"His calibre" lol are you joking?

Along with Castiagnos, in five years time Origi will be one of the best strikers in the World  :ph34r:

As for Chelsea - it can't be just me who thinks Lukaku is a bit over-rated? He's got a very decent record but his all-round game is largely questionable. There are better forwards out there. I agree with people saying he's a better bet than Torres but I think that's simply a case of no-one wanting Torres off them, the bloke's finished.

I've said it before myself, Lukaku in some aspects of his game is overrated. Back to goal, holding up play and laying the ball off, he can be very average at. His lay-off's at times for Everton last season, and the first two games of the World Cup with Belgium, weren't finding his team mates, he has a knack of giving the ball away cheaply. However what makes Lukaku so good is his finishing, and his strength and speed when running at players, his deadly at all those things, so much so have him running against Wasilewski say, Wasyl could well end up on the floor. 

Along with Castiagnos, in five years time Origi will be one of the best strikers in the World :ph34r:

I've said it before myself, Lukaku in some aspects of his game is overrated. Back to goal, holding up play and laying the ball off, he can be very average at. His lay-off's at times for Everton last season, and the first two games of the World Cup with Belgium, weren't finding his team mates, he has a knack of giving the ball away cheaply. However what makes Lukaku so good is his finishing, and his strength and speed when running at players, his deadly at all those things, so much so have him running against Wasilewski say, lukaku could well end up on with a broken jaw.

Fixed.

I don't think it will be us. It's natural to think that but lets imagine Leicester have done a Southampton (and we're in as good a position to do so as anyone IMO), do you really think Pearson won't have a contingency plan? Southampton are in such a mess because they've actually changed ownership and I'm lead to believe it's their old owner's daughter who now runs things - problem is, she's not got a clue and she's just selling their players without any real plan to bring in replacements. Tadic and Pelle are good players, but where are the others? Even if they replace them all, they're all going to be quick-fix signings who've had no pre-season together and it's no use for them. Pochettino's seen this coming and made the right move in my opinion.

Yep he is overrated. Certainly not good enough to be starting for Chelsea.

Find something original to say, you've done that one a while back.

Stop posting. You upset everyone every time.

Yep he is overrated. Certainly not good enough to be starting for Chelsea.

I used to think Chelsea were doing their usual and neglecting him because he wasn't a big enough name, but I'm starting to sympathise with them a bit on it and I think they've got a good case for not using him.

Saying that, is he not better than a 36 year old (?) Drogba?

Archived