Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

As for Chelsea - it can't be just me who thinks Lukaku is a bit over-rated? He's got a very decent record but his all-round game is largely questionable. There are better forwards out there. I agree with people saying he's a better bet than Torres but I think that's simply a case of no-one wanting Torres off them, the bloke's finished.

Couldn't agree more, 24 million is a ludicrous fee, although that seems the be the theme of this specific window.

As for Chelsea - it can't be just me who thinks Lukaku is a bit over-rated? He's got a very decent record but his all-round game is largely questionable. There are better forwards out there. I agree with people saying he's a better bet than Torres but I think that's simply a case of no-one wanting Torres off them, the bloke's finished.

Is Lukaku over rated or do people expect huge things whilst forgetting he's only just turned 21? He's bound to have his flaws, but for his age he's unbelieveably gifted and he's only going to get better. I think it's doing him a huge disservice to say "there are better forwards out there" - thats a given taking into account the boy is still just a kid, of course there'll be more well-rounded players out there at their peak but Everton are paying good money for someone that can already score goals and has a vast amount of time to improve his all round game. The potential there is frightening and I can't think how they can lose form this unless he breaks himself early doors.

I think £24 million is about right considering his age and his goalscoring exploits in the top tier.

Atsu in talk with Sunderland over loan move.

The move deals that are completed I'm starting to worry our squad just won't be strong enough.

Obviously the season will tell, but the good teams are strengthening well and those teams that struggled are going about their business in the right way.

Atsu in talk with Sunderland over loan move.

The move deals that are completed I'm starting to worry our squad just won't be strong enough.

Obviously the season will tell, but the good teams are strengthening well and those teams that struggled are going about their business in the right way.

... and we are still an unknown quantity in the Premier League, so I'd save those concerns for now and bring them back out again somewhere in February. If at all.

... and we are still an unknown quantity in the Premier League, so I'd save those concerns for now and bring them back out again somewhere in February. If at all.

Oh of course, but the fact still remains some very good players joining teams we will face next season.

Time will tell, and I hope as you say come feb this is all a moot point.

Is Lukaku over rated or do people expect huge things whilst forgetting he's only just turned 21? He's bound to have his flaws, but for his age he's unbelieveably gifted and he's only going to get better. I think it's doing him a huge disservice to say "there are better forwards out there" - thats a given taking into account the boy is still just a kid, of course there'll be more well-rounded players out there at their peak but Everton are paying good money for someone that can already score goals and has a vast amount of time to improve his all round game. The potential there is frightening and I can't think how they can lose form this unless he breaks himself early doors.

I think £24 million is about right considering his age and his goalscoring exploits in the top tier.

To add to that about Lukaku, if you here him interviewed, he often talks about his big desire to improve his game. About listening to what people say his weaknesses are and aiming to get better rather than just standing still. So whilst he might have flaws, he won't just be improving naturally, he'll be working extensively on his game. Great investment by Everton.

Archived