Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

Guest Col city fan

Depends if they keep hold of Bony. Him and Sigurdsson alone are enough to win them 5-10 matches.

I wonder sometimes whether people give Sygurdsson too much credit. He's the definition of a journeyman isn't he? And has never really been able to cement a starting spot anywhere much he's been. One of those type of players that shines every so often, but then makes you wonder why successive managers sell him on.

Guest Col city fan

You know you've made a point that completely invalidates Col's argument when he goes out of his way to avoid your post. Thank you.

I didn't even think it warranted a response. 14 mill for that pair in the current market is value. Try to divide your arguments between a. Not liking Arry and b. working out which are good players and signed for decent money.

Then you'll be worth a read.

:thumbup:

£14 million on two players who performed very well for Cardiff.

People might knock QPR but if it was the other way round and we'd signed Caulker & Mutch and QPR had signed Ulloa for £8 million you'd have people on here laughing about how poor of a signing he is. Whilst lauding over our excellent signings.

I wouldn't judge signings based on what people on here think either way. Just a bit ridiculous to defend QPR's overspending here.

I wouldn't judge signings based on what people on here think either way. Just a bit ridiculous to defend QPR's overspending here.

Overspending?? They are both young English players and for a combined fee of a reported £14 million I think that's good business. Especially in today's overinflated market.

Overspending?? They are both young English players and for a combined fee of a reported £14 million I think that's good business. Especially in today's overinflated market.

I am referring to overspending in previous years, mainly. We're judging them against Pearson here, don't forget. Drinkwater for a million, Vardy for a million, that kind of thing. I'll praise Redknapp if he spends wisely but I'm not judging value until I see it being proven.

If they prove themselves, fine and Ulloa is the same.

If we're measuring like for like between Ulloa and Caulker then I can see why people would prefer to spend £8million on Caulker but it has to be said that I don't actually think Caulker or Mutch have proven anything yet. Caulker seemed to be at fault for a number of goals conceded last season and Cardiff were relegated. Not all down to them, it goes without saying, but still got to show they're worth this in a team that can stay up.

Is Lukaku over rated or do people expect huge things whilst forgetting he's only just turned 21? He's bound to have his flaws, but for his age he's unbelieveably gifted and he's only going to get better. I think it's doing him a huge disservice to say "there are better forwards out there" - thats a given taking into account the boy is still just a kid, of course there'll be more well-rounded players out there at their peak but Everton are paying good money for someone that can already score goals and has a vast amount of time to improve his all round game. The potential there is frightening and I can't think how they can lose form this unless he breaks himself early doors.

I think £24 million is about right considering his age and his goalscoring exploits in the top tier.

A fair argument but I think there's technical weaknesses to his game and I think they're the hardest to improve on. He may well improve in time as you rightly say, he is only 21 (3 days younger than me incidentally), but I don't know, I reckon the furthest he'll go is just below the absolute top strikers. I'm not saying it's a terrible signing by any means as the lad clearly knows where the net is, but I don't think he'll ever be at Drogba's level.

I am referring to overspending in previous years, mainly. We're judging them against Pearson here, don't forget. Drinkwater for a million, Vardy for a million, that kind of thing. I'll praise Redknapp if he spends wisely but I'm not judging value until I see it being proven.

If they prove themselves, fine and Ulloa is the same.

If we're measuring like for like between Ulloa and Caulker then I can see why people would prefer to spend £8million on Caulker but it has to be said that I don't actually think Caulker or Mutch have proven anything yet. Caulker seemed to be at fault for a number of goals conceded last season and Cardiff were relegated. Not all down to them, it goes without saying, but still got to show they're worth this in a team that can stay up.

Caulker played 26 games for Swansea in their first season in the premiership and they survived.

QPR have made good signings but that doesn't mean they haven't been a joke for years. The Ferdinand signing shows they've still got it in them.

I'll give them the Caulker/Mutch signings though. Far more like it.

Oh and they still aren't better than us.

Guest Col city fan

QPR have made good signings but that doesn't mean they haven't been a joke for years. The Ferdinand signing shows they've still got it in them.

I'll give them the Caulker/Mutch signings though. Far more like it.

Oh and they still aren't better than us.

Well, we're soon to find out whether your big assertion is going to be correct or not. Personally, I'm holding fire. I literally have no damn clue how we will do, or QPR.

I wonder sometimes whether people give Sygurdsson too much credit. He's the definition of a journeyman isn't he? And has never really been able to cement a starting spot anywhere much he's been. One of those type of players that shines every so often, but then makes you wonder why successive managers sell him on.

For some unknown reason when Sigurdsson puts on a Swansea shirt, he becomes a completely different player whose capable of scoring atunning goals.

What has Jordan Mutch done to get such a good reputation?

Was basically Cardiff's only decent player in the last 12-15 games last season. Scored some very good individual goals and got hyped up. He is a good player, he was very good in the Championship for Watford and Birmingham. He's a good signing.

Was basically Cardiff's only decent player in the last 12-15 games last season. Scored some very good individual goals and got hyped up. He is a good player, he was very good in the Championship for Watford and Birmingham. He's a good signing.

I can recall a couple of wonder goals from him but that's about it. Can't remember him having much of an impact in their promotion season.

Decent player I'm sure but not one I'd be getting overly excited about.

I expect QPR to stay up this year though.

Qpr have made some great signings. Don't know how we can laugh when our best signing is Mark Albrighton ffs.

Great based on what? They are all ok signings, but at the end of the day their two biggest signings still get relegated last year.

QPR will probably do ok as they will continue to throw money about, eventually that usually tells.

I can recall a couple of wonder goals from him but that's about it. Can't remember him having much of an impact in their promotion season.

Decent player I'm sure but not one I'd be getting overly excited about.

I expect QPR to stay up this year though.

Was he with them during their promotion year? I thought he joined them once they were promoted? My memory is hazy, I remember he did well at Watford on loan and then back at Birmingham the year they finished in the play-offs under Houghton. The next i've seen of him was last year at Cardiff.

If we were signing him, there would be a fair bit of hysteria but that's not an indication of whether he's actually any good as our fans are morons.

Great based on what? They are all ok signings, but at the end of the day their two biggest signings still get relegated last year.

QPR will probably do ok as they will continue to throw money about, eventually that usually tells.

Is Mutch a lot better than Albrighton as well?

Archived