Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

lol lol lol

Puts paid to this myth of QPR (for example) being the archetypal wheeling-dealing club!

Over the past ten years, we've been the fookin worst!

You literally couldn't make it up...

Well QPR are 4th. It's not like they're way down the list.

Guest Col city fan

Well QPR are 4th. It's not like they're way down the list.

And THAT's an argument?

lol

Sometimes this forum, just every so often, has me pissing miself..

lol

And THAT's an argument?

lol

Sometimes this forum, just every so often, has me pissing miself..

lol

You're the one saying it's a myth they're a wheely-dealing club? It doesn't. They're still high up in terms of total transfers. I don't see how that's a bad argument lol.

Guest Col city fan

You're the one saying it's a myth they're a wheely-dealing club? It doesn't. They're still high up in terms of total transfers. I don't see how that's a bad argument lol.

The point I've tried to 'bang-on' about lol is don't be hypocritical. Let those without sin cast the first stone.

The forum has been full of Arry this, Arry that, QPR buying everyone, lots in, lots out etc etc etc.. And as I've tried to explain, WE'VE been he worst for it, if the graph is to be believed.

Delicious irony really.

:thumbup:

The point I've tried to 'bang-on' about lol is don't be hypocritical. Let those without sin cast the first stone.

The forum has been full of Arry this, Arry that, QPR buying everyone, lots in, lots out etc etc etc.. And as I've tried to explain, WE'VE been he worst for it, if the graph is to be believed.

Delicious irony really.

[emoji106]

I haven't really got involved with that though! The graph surprised me to be honest, but you'd be a fool to say QPR aren't a wheely-dealing club given their player turnover.

I haven't really got involved with that though! The graph surprised me to be honest, but you'd be a fool to say QPR aren't a wheely-dealing club given their player turnover.

How many of those signings were between 2003 and 2008 though? We seemed to make 10-15 signings every year back then.

lol lol lol

Puts paid to this myth of QPR (for example) being the archetypal wheeling-dealing club!

I don't dislike you Col, but this defence of QPR is one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen. It's like you look for any possible excuse to stick up for what is clear to nearly everyone an absolutely shambolic club.

It was Leicester's own dealings that put me off QPR's kind of transfer policy in the first place. Sven Goran Eriksson and his useless tenure in charge here has turned me cynical against this kind of club as much as anything, it's what we WERE (though never to this extent). I'm not talking about the past ten years, I'm talking about the past 2 or 3 - do you seriously rate the way they're ran? Come on.

Surely you have to take into account the fees paid as well

Oh don't take into account something that would possibly make QPR sound worse. You're clearly out to get them if you point out their farcical owners and nobhead manager

Guest Col city fan

I don't dislike you Col, but this defence of QPR is one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen. It's like you look for any possible excuse to stick up for what is clear to nearly everyone an absolutely shambolic club.

It was Leicester's own dealings that put me off QPR's kind of transfer policy in the first place. Sven Goran Eriksson and his useless tenure in charge here has turned me cynical against this kind of club as much as anything, it's what we WERE (though never to this extent). I'm not talking about the past ten years, I'm talking about the past 2 or 3 - do you seriously rate the way they're ran? Come on.

Mate, you're a good bloke.. It's the IRONY of the whole thing that makes me laff and has made me defiantly defend QPR. I don't give a shite about QPR!!! What I've done all along is to say don't rule them out for promotion (they went up), don't assume they'll make shite signings this transfer window (I'd take theirs over ours anyday) and finally, don't childishly suggest they are doomed and going straight back down again, until you see who they sign. You yourself have been guilty of making this third error I believe? Stop thinking Col loves QPR, start thinking, Col is mocking daft posts which are not being substantiated. And finally we find out that we have signed and released more players in the last decade than ANY other Prem club!!

As I said, you couldn't make it up.

Mate, you're a good bloke.. It's the IRONY of the whole thing that makes me laff and has made me defiantly defend QPR. I don't give a shite about QPR!!! What I've done all along is to say don't rule them out for promotion (they went up), don't assume they'll make shite signings this transfer window (I'd take theirs over ours anyday) and finally, don't childishly suggest they are doomed and going straight back down again, until you see who they sign. You yourself have been guilty of making this third error I believe? Stop thinking Col loves QPR, start thinking, Col is mocking daft posts which are not being substantiated. And finally we find out that we have signed and released more players in the last decade than ANY other Prem club!!

As I said, you couldn't make it up.

I don't think you will find people on here who claim our hands our clean - but under Pearson I'd largely suggest they have been in terms of transfer dealings. They've thrown absolutely millions at shite in the past few years, do you really think they've got the most from that?

Leicester have made a hell of a lot of awful signings in the last ten years but I think you'll find that it's not the last ten years we're talking about, closer to the last three (under Pearson anyway). This graph doesn't take into account the quality of player bought (I think it's fair to assume that a lot of signings means a lot of crap in the process) and it doesn't take into account how much was paid either.

They aren't daft and unsubstantiated. QPR absolutely scraped promotion last year despite having a wage budget most Premier League sides would've been happy with - and a greater one than the champions of Spain. They were dominated in the final and benefited from a wasteful Derby, taking their one clear chance all game. They are the least convincing promoted side I have seen in some time and yet you seem to think they get unfair stick. You will never see a poorer side go up.

We don't know where both sides will finish - but at the minute I'm pretty sure we'll come above QPR. We finished 22 points ahead of them last year, played consistently better football and have a younger squad that is more likely to improve. Mutch & Caulker are good signings in my opinion (though both were regulars in last years bottom side), Isla's always been a good player but I'm not having it that Ferdinand is a good signing. He's been finished for a while.

The reason you get stick about QPR is because you seem to love to replying to every single person who posts about them - and isn't it only natural when they're constantly nicking the headlines?

lol lol lol

Congratulations on again completely missing the point.

It's not a myth about QPR they have been like that the last 3/4 years, they certainly have been more so than ourselves. The whole reason people point and laugh is because that was us.

We were those idiots sacking managers every 6 months, having a constant revolving door of players that obviously go hand in hand with a change at the top. That was us under Sven chucking money at people just to make them join, without a care as to what they are like as people.

But that's not (apart from a short spell under Sven) who we have been for a long time, ever since Pearson walked through the door after relegation to league one. We've had stability and built a team, something myself and many others have been screaming about for years.

It's not hypocritical to lambast a way of going about things, that you previously said you didn't agree with it.

Guest Col city fan

Congratulations on again completely missing the point.

It's not a myth about QPR they have been like that the last 3/4 years, they certainly have been more so than ourselves. The whole reason people point and laugh is because that was us.

We were those idiots sacking managers every 6 months, having a constant revolving door of players that obviously go hand in hand with a change at the top. That was us under Sven chucking money at people just to make them join, without a care as to what they are like as people.

But that's not (apart from a short spell under Sven) who we have been for a long time, ever since Pearson walked through the door after relegation to league one. We've had stability and built a team, something myself and many others have been screaming about for years.

It's not hypocritical to lambast a way of going about things, that you previously said you didn't agree with it.

lol

Yeah ok..

Fair play to Col for having an opinion and sticking up for it. And for mostly writing well reasoned and informed posts. And I agree with him mostly. 

You're telling me that if we'd signed Caulker to partner Wes, Ferdinand for backup, Mutch to bolster the midfield, Isla for decent defensive cover etc etc, and QPR had only signed a few frees and Ulloa for £8(10?)m we wouldnt all be laughing at floppy face?

The fact remains though that Col seems to be vehemently sticking to his guns for the sake of it, and we all wonder what QPR would have to do to lose his adoration. 

Regardless of all that though, QPR are willing to spend vast amounts of money they don't have on players and wages they can't afford. That's their model, and that of Redknapps. 

The Thais and NP are clearly trying to 'do a wenger' and prioritise the long term financial sustainability of the club over 'guaranteeing' a place in the PL. It seems a sound strategy to me, because there's no correlation between the money you spend and how likely it is that you'll be successful, at least not for bottom half clubs. 

Look at Norwich last year, and Cardiff. They spent tons. On paper QPR should have walked the league but just scraped by.

Given that we won the league with 100+ points NP would have been mad to break up that team/spirit with too many signings. That plus this imposed sense of financial responsibility means we are where we are, a few shrewd signings and not much else.

The bottom line is that football is so unpredictable. Obviously we'll either stay up or go down. Who's to know? Our spirit and momentum (+NP generally) could see us safe. Or we could come up short due to a 'lack' of signings. Similarly QPR could be comfortable or go down through too many mercenaries plus Redknapp not necessarily being the best manager in the world.  

Guest Col city fan

Fair play to Col for having an opinion and sticking up for it. And for mostly writing well reasoned and informed posts. And I agree with him mostly.

You're telling me that if we'd signed Caulker to partner Wes, Ferdinand for backup, Mutch to bolster the midfield, Isla for decent defensive cover etc etc, and QPR had only signed a few frees and Ulloa for £8(10?)m we wouldnt all be laughing at floppy face?

The fact remains though that Col seems to be vehemently sticking to his guns for the sake of it, and we all wonder what QPR would have to do to lose his adoration.

Regardless of all that though, QPR are willing to spend vast amounts of money they don't have on players and wages they can't afford. That's their model, and that of Redknapps.

The Thais and NP are clearly trying to 'do a wenger' and prioritise the long term financial sustainability of the club over 'guaranteeing' a place in the PL. It seems a sound strategy to me, because there's no correlation between the money you spend and how likely it is that you'll be successful, at least not for bottom half clubs.

Look at Norwich last year, and Cardiff. They spent tons. On paper QPR should have walked the league but just scraped by.

Given that we won the league with 100+ points NP would have been mad to break up that team/spirit with too many signings. That plus this imposed sense of financial responsibility means we are where we are, a few shrewd signings and not much else.

The bottom line is that football is so unpredictable. Obviously we'll either stay up or go down. Who's to know? Our spirit and momentum (+NP generally) could see us safe. Or we could come up short due to a 'lack' of signings. Similarly QPR could be comfortable or go down through too many mercenaries plus Redknapp not necessarily being the best manager in the world.

Great post mate and very fair imo.

I'll stick to my guns (again.. there is no 'adoration of QPR' on my part) for as long as I keep reading gubbins about them. And hypocrisy. For example, we have been linked today with Cambiasso which has made a few posters suggest he would be an 'excellent signing'. Now.. if he had been linked today with Redknapp and QPR or West Ham and Allardyce or even Lambert and Villa.. the same posters (and many others) would cry 'has-been' and suddenly allege that Redknapp (personally) was paying him a billion quid a week.

There's the hypocrisy. A good signing is a good signing wherever he goes. A duffer is a duffer. If you catch my drift.

How many of those signings were between 2003 and 2008 though? We seemed to make 10-15 signings every year back then.

A lot of them some fantastically exciting and ultimately terribly untalented unknowns who were only signed because Mandaric thought their names were exotic enough.

Zsolt Laczko, Hosein Kaebi, Leon Crncic, anyone?

People are making the mistake of acting like us and QPR were on a level footing. We won the league by a distance and QPR aren't even a better side than Derby, let alone us. Do you really blame people for not talking their signings up given their track record? If Pearson had signed them you could pretty much guarantee they were here for the right reasons, Redknapp throws money around without much consideration (in my opinion).

Put us and QPR on a level footing where we've both done the same thing last season and I'd see where people are coming from - the reality is we simply aren't on one. Do people really think that Mutch and Caulker are going to turn them into a better team than us?

Col is right about there being an obsession though, sometimes I think we use QPR to fall back on.

When a club is often in the headlines, they're often discussed. That's only natural.

Guest Col city fan

People are making the mistake of acting like us and QPR were on a level footing. We won the league by a distance and QPR aren't even a better side than Derby, let alone us. Do you really blame people for not talking their signings up given their track record? If Pearson had signed them you could pretty much guarantee they were here for the right reasons, Redknapp throws money around without much consideration (in my opinion).

Put us and QPR on a level footing where we've both done the same thing last season and I'd see where people are coming from - the reality is we simply aren't on one. Do people really think that Mutch and Caulker are going to turn them into a better team than us?

When a club is often in the headlines, they're often discussed. That's only natural.

You're doing it again Dan... making an awful lot of assumptions. I think you need to think more before you post.

One season on, it COULD be that Redknapp's squad are more settled. I believe he's shipped Gary O'Neil out also, a player I never particularly rated. And it COULD be that signing Caulker, Isla and Mutch are EXACTLY what their squad needed. Rio, I assume, will adopt a very similar role to Upson at City... play a few games and be around as much for his presence as his playing time.

So YES.....QPR could easily now become on a par with City. Last season is gone. It's over. We start again.

If I look at the two squads, I see a situation whereby I believe QPR have got just as much a chance of staying up as we do. Christ..a strikeforce of Austin and Remy aint bad is it?

So stop making such bold assertions, wait and see and frankly, it could be that you save yourself from looking a bit foolish.

Guest Col city fan

As an aside, Hull beat Trencin in the Europa qualifier tonight so will be playing in the Tournament proper. That could do us (and others) a real favour as the season progresses.

As an aside, Hull beat Trencin in the Europa qualifier tonight so will be playing in the Tournament proper. That could do us (and others) a real favour as the season progresses.

No they aren't, there's another qualifying round to play.

Guest Col city fan

No they aren't, there's another qualifying round to play.

ah cheers.. I never knew that

There's a playoff round first, though.

ditto...

You're doing it again Dan... making an awful lot of assumptions. I think you need to think more before you post.

One season on, it COULD be that Redknapp's squad are more settled. I believe he's shipped Gary O'Neil out also, a player I never particularly rated. And it COULD be that signing Caulker, Isla and Mutch are EXACTLY what their squad needed. Rio, I assume, will adopt a very similar role to Upson at City... play a few games and be around as much for his presence as his playing time.

So YES.....QPR could easily now become on a par with City. Last season is gone. It's over. We start again.

If I look at the two squads, I see a situation whereby I believe QPR have got just as much a chance of staying up as we do. Christ..a strikeforce of Austin and Remy aint bad is it?

So stop making such bold assertions, wait and see and frankly, it could be that you save yourself from looking a bit foolish.

Thank god your here to save us from all the hypocrisy Col, don't know how we'd ever get by without you. The assuming you did before about Rio not being on a massive wedge, that was ok wasn't it? It's fine for you to assume as much as you like, it's just when people you disagree with do it that it's not cool?

On QPR, although they've made some signings to strengthen, they have also lost Ravel Morrison and Niko Kranjcar, so they've lost a fair bit of creativity from central midfield. Have they really replaced them? They've got in 2 new centre backs when defence was their strong point, failed to replace the lost attacking mids and they're relying on Remy and Austin, a few weeks after Remy was set to leave the club to go to Liverpool. Last season Harry made some 'impressive' signings, then was left whining half way through the season because he 'only had one striker'  and bemoaning the fact that we have loads more, ignoring the fact that our entire strikeforce was signed for combined fees of less than what Austin cost. Building a squad is about more than just collecting good players on paper, its about getting a good balance and having the right players to fit the managers formations and complement what you already have.

What am I assuming? That we were a mile ahead of QPR last season? That isn't an assumption, that is what happened.

Things change by the season, but this summer doesn't convince me that QPR are going to come above us. What irritates me is people who think they will because they've heard of more of their players.

Archived