Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

Warnock to be appointed Palace manager

"Crystal Palace are set to appoint Neil Warnock as their new manager.

"The 65-year-old, who was in charge of Palace between 2007 and 2010, has been preferred to former West Brom boss Steve Clarke.

"It is understood Palace chairman and co-owner Steve Parish felt Warnock was the best option for what the club need now and building for the future.

"Warnock has money to spend an discussions will continue over the make up of his backroom staff."

Thoughts?

What a bizarre appointment. He's 66 this year, so he's not long term. He's got no track record of success, or even keeping teams up at this level in previous attempts. His last job was poor at Leeds in the division below. He doesn't preach progressive and entertaining football.

I don't see the logic at all.

What a bizarre appointment. He's 66 this year, so he's not long term. He's got no track record of success, or even keeping teams up at this level in previous attempts. His last job was poor at Leeds in the division below. He doesn't preach progressive and entertaining football.

I don't see the logic at all.

I agree. Seems like a panic appointment

I'm one of the few who likes Warnock. I think he's a great character at times and I hope he does a good job - though not at our expense of course!

I like him too, I just don't think he'll achieve anything. I'm pleased for our sake of course, I mean, I expected Palace to be solid under Pulis but now I see them as another relegation candidate which is only good for us! I also viewed our visit to Palace as difficult, and maybe another game which we wouldn't win, but I do not see it as that anymore.

"The 65-year-old, who was in charge of Palace between 2007 and 2010, has been preferred to former West Brom boss Steve Clarke.

"It is understood Palace chairman and co-owner Steve Parish felt Warnock was the best option for what the club need now and building for the future.

"Warnock has money to spend an discussions will continue over the make up of his backroom staff."

Thoughts?

lol wot

Thoughts?

OMFG

I'm sure Puncheon isn't enjoying the appointment. It's an easy option I guess, he did reasonably well there in the past and is out of work. Bet you'd get short odds on the current bottom 3 being there at the end of the season.

yes I'd forgotten about "Puncheongate " - how will that play out ?. Strange appointment but Parish knows what he's doing and my a**e is a bloater

What went on between Puncheon and Warnock?

warnock took the piss out of him for missing a penalty and puncheon laid into him on twitter. calling him a crook, saying he was a horrible man and mocked the fact that warnock said puncheon should train more on his penalties because according to puncheon warnock could never even be bothered to take his own training sessions. 

What went on between Puncheon and Warnock?

Warnock said he'd never have let Puncheon take a penalty, even in training, or something along those lines after he missed at Spurs. Puncheon called him crooked and accused him of having players paid more so that they can bribe their way into his team. Also said it was rich talking about training cos Warnock never bothered to show up.

Seems as though they get on well.

Archived