Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

he will get plenty of work.. the other 10 positions look more of a priority to me..

Not sure Brian Murphy was really up to scratch as a back up. Plus you have Rob Green as number 1 who has been liable to injury and who is Rob Green - think it looks a sensible bit of business this one.

goes back to 1937 apparently. thinking about it one youth team player per squad isn't really all that, loads of that could've just been a youth team sub keeper or some bullshit. good looking stat tho.

Oh in the entire squad so they didn't have to play.

In which case probably Giggs probably covers the last 20 odd years.

What with Hockaby, Redknapp and Almunia, this must have been the most bizarre day in football in years. And I'm not even counting Cambiasso, because that was yesterday.

Fookin ella.

Apart from redknapp all the others was yesterday

Lukaku would have been the future.

Costa, Lukaku and Remy should have been retained.

To be fair, they got £28m (apparently) for Lukaku, which covered Costa's fee bar £4m. If you were Chelsea, would you be happy to get Diego Costa for what is essentially Lukaku + £4m?? I know I would.

To be fair, they got £28m (apparently) for Lukaku, which covered Costa's fee bar £4m. If you were Chelsea, would you be happy to get Diego Costa for what is essentially Lukaku + £4m?? I know I would.

No.

Lukaku is 4 years younger, and already more established in the prem.

With the exception of consistency (which comes with age) and probably finishing (again, often comes with age) Lukaku is stronger, quicker and a better aerial threat than costa already.

Not sure if it's been mentioned already but apparently Burnley have made a bid for Puncheon.

I'd happily take him here.

He is a very bizarre player.

Seems to do terrible when loaned out at lower league clubs, but always seems to be on the scoresheet in the prem.

No.

Lukaku is 4 years younger, and already more established in the prem.

With the exception of consistency (which comes with age) and probably finishing (again, often comes with age) Lukaku is stronger, quicker and a better aerial threat than costa already.

Fair enough mate, we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. Although I do get what your saying in fairness. :thumbup:

Easily, Lukaku isn't good enough to be starting for Chelsea right now.

Easily, Lukaku isn't good enough to be starting for Chelsea right now.

That's what I thought, although he could be one 'for the future' Chelsea have the luxury of having enough money to only think in the short-term, hence why as good as Lukaku could be, he wasn't wanted/needed.

He wants to go home.

He doesn't actually want to leave, but he's clearly been told by Rodgers that he should find a different club.

I'm surprised he already wants to go back to Brøndby at this stage of his career. He's by far the best defender the country has produced in my lifetime and he should be on top of his game now. I mean, so many high calibre clubs have chased him the last few years and Brøndby are not the team they used to be...

Archived