Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Championship 2014/15

their squad's full of players I can honestly say I've not heard of.

Middlesbrough had one of their players playing today on loan - probably why they looked pretty poor for a top side.

Too many youngsters and overseas players not used to the league.?...ok I know we have the latter but the likes of Watson,Cathcart and Deeney also add a solid enough backbone of Championship experience and quality to an extent.

Scott Parker is somewhat past his best and he'd be their most experienced player.

As for Wigan - not really sure what has gone on.

Was at Brentford Forest. Decent enough contest but Forest are bus-parkers and Brentford are a bit doggo. Fair play to them though, very attacking and never give up. Was behind that goal for the equalizer, goonage was very decent tbf.

Freedman does like to put 9/10 players in our own box and then punt it to towards Antonio to break. It's a bit shit. 

Nice to see Akpom fitting into the Forest system and  going off injured after nearly two games. Not sure what's happened to our other new signing, I can only assume he's broken too.

This league is just fascinating this season. Got to be the most competitive in all of Europe. Still only 9 points seperate 1st-8th thats crazy. I had a bet that Norwich would win the league before the season started. Was looking a silly bet around xmas but now they really look like they will go on and gain autos. Bournemouth are still going strong and are doing exactly what Burnley did last season. Boro dont like to draw games its either win or lose for them. There last 10 games is 5 wins 5 losses. Its anybodys game for the auto spots. Derby finally back to winning ways. Wolves with 4 wins on the bounce have hit form at the right time.

Then you look at the bottom, Blackpool have already gone with still 6 games to play. Has anybody been relegated with still 18 points to play for? Thats shocking and they dont belong in the Championship. Although i do feel for the fans as Oyston has truly destroyed that club. Wigan i dont think anyone can quite believe they are staring relegation in the face. Mackay was a strange appointment and now hes gone. Millwall finally get a win, still 7 points adrift so its looking like the bottom 3 will stay that way. Not bad teams to go down.

With 5/6 games to go it really is going down to the wire. At this rate we might have as much as 4 teams fighting for the title on the final day. What a day of football that would be.

Nice new stand helps and a decent team...

Knew Norwich and Bournemouth would win so we needed that.

Wilson has now earned more pens alone than any one team has been given all season!

>Implying that Watford's new stand is anything other than a League Two tier eyesore.

I guess having bright yellow and red seats might not help and it does look strange not having seats right down to the pitch level but as I say its better than nothing - we really did look pathetic only having 3 stands and a building site for so long.

And the main positive is that the stand has actually been done after so many broken promises from previous owners who planned to build this grand new stand fit for all purposes at quite a cost (*9 million compared to 3 million) with a bigger capacity which we may have not filled (5k or so compared to 3k) 

*Which was then spent elsewhere but that is a different subject!

I guess having bright yellow and red seats might not help and it does look strange not having seats right down to the pitch level but as I say its better than nothing - we really did look pathetic only having 3 stands and a building site for so long.

And the main positive is that the stand has actually been done after so many broken promises from previous owners who planned to build this grand new stand fit for all purposes at quite a cost (*9 million compared to 3 million) with a bigger capacity which we may have not filled (5k or so compared to 3k) 

*Which was then spent elsewhere but that is a different subject!

Sometimes the view is worse from pitch side, Vicarage road goes from one extreme to another.

GZtYUJZ.jpg

Middlesbrough had one of their players playing today on loan - probably why they looked pretty poor for a top side.

Too many youngsters and overseas players not used to the league.?...ok I know we have the latter but the likes of Watson,Cathcart and Deeney also add a solid enough backbone of Championship experience and quality to an extent.

Scott Parker is somewhat past his best and he'd be their most experienced player.

As for Wigan - not really sure what has gone on.

Scott Parker's an icon for the fraud XI. An average player who was horrendously over-rated for years. 

Personally think the opposite.

We won't lose many players and can see us being very strong.

I guess my reasoning on this is there are many teams that are there or there abouts with only 6 points seperating the top 6, over half of these teams are only just going to miss out on an automatic spot. That in my mind is a great incentive to spur on the following season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-32217870

Tyrone Mings Wipes Away Mum's Debts.

how the hell is this news? why the hell has he posted it on instagram?! surely the first thing 90% of the world would do if they got loads of money for naff all would be to lend it (give it) to their mums if they needed it? pretty shocked it took him 2 years of earning thousands a week to think he should maybe make his mum's life a bit easier. 

how the hell is this news? why the hell has he posted it on instagram?! surely the first thing 90% of the world would do if they got loads of money for naff all would be to lend it (give it) to their mums if they needed it? pretty shocked it took him 2 years of earning thousands a week to think he should maybe make his mum's life a bit easier. 

I just seen the BBC tweet the article and comments are like "what a nice thing to do, shows how footballers should be" etc but I don't get it. I mean, I imagine most footballers do this (or something like this).

First thing I did when I got my first proper wage was take my mum & dad out for a dinner and got my mum a bunch of flowers. That was a thank you for doing everything for me whilst I was growing up.

Non-story but I imsgine Mings gets off on the fact that he's got a few likes for it.

Sounds great being a Blackpool player,  lol

http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/the-secret-footballer/24869/bottom-of-the-championship-clubs-struggling-to-survive-and-one-blackpool-that-has-gone/#slide-8

"I’ve heard that players have been invited into hotel penthouses by various people – some you’ll know, some you won’t – where they’ll find enough Russian prostitutes to spend a pleasant evening with a different one every day of the year"

Archived