Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Championship 2014/15

Another great weekend in the Championship. Watford go top and i think thats where they will stay. Bournemouth now have the problem of not playing until monday. Watford, Boro and Norwich all play away on Saturday. This weekend could be amazing for Bournemouth or absolutely devestating. The pressure on them when they play Bolton will be massive. Bolton now officially safe from relegation so a good job from Lennon.  

Wigan 5 points adrift with 6 to play for so they look dead and buried unless Rotherham do get a points deduction for fielding an ineligible player. Then that would really make the relegation scrap interesting. 2 games to go and still no team is guaranteed auto promotion. Brilliant season. Love the Championship i just hope were never in it again

It would be standard Championship for Bournemouth & Watford to both blow it on the last day.

I still think Bournemouth will mess this up somehow. They keep conceding goals at home to dross.

Still got this cruel feeling Derby will win the play-offs although that's based on nothing other than the fact it's Derby. I could take it a bit more if we stay up though.

The others shouldn't fear Derby though. Terrific ball retainers but saying their defence is shoddy would be an understatement. How on earth do you ship 4 to a crap Huddersfield side who have nothing to play for?

Imagine if Norwich win this weekend, Middlesbrough and Bournemouth draw, Watford lose. Four teams tied on 85 points before the final day. Absolute carnage.

Imagine if they then all drew on the final day!

1st-4th separated by goal difference - nuts.

I can't be the only one who's quite disappointed that Newcastle at home has been moved so that we will miss all of this? It's going to be one of the best final days in years.

I hadn't even thought about that. That's a shame, but I'll definitely be watching our game.

I presume he is thinking we could score goals with the strikers we have (although Vydra didn't exactly do much at WBA) but if its anything like our last 2 efforts we'll suffer lots of key injuries to hamper our chances.

Certainly defence would need to be more consistent and in midfield we'd have to hope for Abdi to be fit all the time.

Just being competitive in most games would be a start - guess there will be a greater expectation though IF we go up.

if Bournemouth do go up i really hope they do well as i really love eddie howe as a manager. 

watford fans can think what they want. if they go up they will come down a hell of a lot faster than they went down last time up (07/08 if memory serves?) 

still bitter about the playoffs?  me?! never! 

Every clubs has fans that think their club will storm the Premier League when they're in that position, but I have found Watford fans quite arrogant for such an average sized club. Remember in the build up to the play offs games some of their fans seemed to think that they invented passing football and they should be promoted regardless of results based on their 'Barcelona style of play'.

You can never really predict anything in the Chapionship, but the play offs should be a good watch this year. A Norwich v Ipswich final wouldn't be the worst outcome.

think watford are set up in the way they play to do quite well when they go up. but so were we, but we bottled it and changed our style. they may well do the same if they hit a tricky patch. 

think watford are set up in the way they play to do quite well when they go up. but so were we, but we bottled it and changed our style. they may well do the same if they hit a tricky patch. 

They'll sack the manager early on next season.

They'll sack the manager early on next season.

Well the current one only has a contract till the summer I think.

Presume Jokanovic would stick around though particularly if promotion is secured.

Norwich would have the most experience and Boro might be able to build from the back (and keep Bamford)

Bournemouth might be like a Blackpool - exciting and adventurous but naive at times.

Watford like ourselves will need to buy Premier League experienced defenders, that was our mistake until we signed Huth on loan. Ekstrand, Angella & Cathcart will get eaten for breakfast, presume they stick to three at the back, then they need a quality centre half.

They are pretty much made from midfield to attack, could do with someone starting alongside Abdi & Tozser/Watson though.

I hadn't even thought about that. That's a shame, but I'll definitely be watching our game.

Oh definitely. Just a bit of a shame I reckon.

Saying that it'll be nice walking out after beating Newcastle 5-0 to heat Derby have finished 7th.

Watford like ourselves will need to buy Premier League experienced defenders, that was our mistake until we signed Huth on loan. Ekstrand, Angella & Cathcart will get eaten for breakfast, presume they stick to three at the back, then they need a quality centre half.

They are pretty much made from midfield to attack, could do with someone starting alongside Abdi & Tozser/Watson though.

Wouldn't disagree with that. Maybe we can sell them Morgan :D

Wouldn't disagree with that. Maybe we can sell them Morgan :D

Morgan hasn't been that bad recently.

Watford will probably pick up a few ex Italian international defenders, but depending if Hull go down Dawson or Davies would be a solid signing for them, Hangeland perhaps or even Huth lol

Archived