Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Championship 2014/15

Anyone have any idea if the Blackpool game will be replayed? Would be interesting if it had been against a team around 6th place, and they had to finish the game to confirm a play off position...

Anyone have any idea if the Blackpool game will be replayed? Would be interesting if it had been against a team around 6th place, and they had to finish the game to confirm a play off position...

The FA investigate first and then they'll decide what to do.

My guess is that a 3-0 win will be awarded to Huddersfield.

The FA investigate first and then they'll decide what to do.

My guess is that a 3-0 win will be awarded to Huddersfield.

Probably. Again, it would cause a bit of a stir if that was a team around 6th and them being awarded the walkover caused another team to be knocked down out of the play offs.

What would be hilarious, is if the game was replayed and the Blackpool fans did the exact same thing again lol

Probably. Again, it would cause a bit of a stir if that was a team around 6th and them being awarded the walkover caused another team to be knocked down out of the play offs.

What would be hilarious, is if the game was replayed and the Blackpool fans did the exact same thing again lol

I'd imagine it'd be nigh on impossible to get the game rescheduled as players tend to jet off on holiday once the season has finished.

Points deduction, which is a possibility, would be the final insult to the Blackpool fans.

surely they can't just give huddersfield the three points? otherwise this type of shit could happen every year? 

say liverpool are fifth, season over, play man city last day of the season. city need a 3-0 win to beat united to the title, what would stop liverpool fans just getting the game abandoned and ensuring united can't win the league? cos believe me they are that bitter. 

surely they can't just give huddersfield the three points? otherwise this type of shit could happen every year? 

say liverpool are fifth, season over, play man city last day of the season. city need a 3-0 win to beat united to the title, what would stop liverpool fans just getting the game abandoned and ensuring united can't win the league? cos believe me they are that bitter. 

Stuff like this would probably be on a case by case scenario where common sense would be used. In this instance it doesn't make sense to replay the game so they may as well just give Huddersfield the win.

They can impose what they like. 

Each case is at the discretion of the FA and appropriate penalties are decided on a case-by-case basis once they fully investigate.

I'd imagine it'd be nigh on impossible to get the game rescheduled as players tend to jet off on holiday once the season has finished.

Points deduction, which is a possibility, would be the final insult to the Blackpool fans.

Would a points deduction be taken away from next season? It would seem strange, given that the incident occurred before this season finished. But then it would be totally stupid to take points from their current total in 14/15

Awarding Huddersfield the win does seem the most likely and sensible option. 

It would make no real difference to anybody, even if you could get the players to replay it'd be a pointless training match behind closed doors and it was Blackpool's failure to control the crowd effectively that led to the abandonment anyway.

I don't think a points deduction is likely, but a large fine to hit Oyston where it hurts would be just dandy.

Awarding Huddersfield the win does seem the most likely and sensible option. 

It would make no real difference to anybody, even if you could get the players to replay it'd be a pointless training match behind closed doors and it was Blackpool's failure to control the crowd effectively that led to the abandonment anyway.

I don't think a points deduction is likely, but a large fine to hit Oyston where it hurts would be just dandy.

If he wouldn't just funded it by suing every single pitch invader.

will huddersfield fans get their money back? they seem to have been ignored a bit amongst all this, they just went to watch their team play a game of footy away from home and watched about 20 mins before all this shit they don't care about happened. 

If they don't reimburse them then I think the scoreline should be the number of Huddersfield fans and every one of them is named as a scorer. A little piece of history for them.

They'll each have beaten Beckford's tally from his 13 Championship games and they'll be a third of the way to catching Waggy. Good work Huddersfield fans. :thumbup:

Archived