Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Championship 2014/15

Guest ttfn

Just watching Jon Moss waddle around the pitch and remembered he's refereeing the FA Cup Final this month.

An all time low for referees.

Clark's career really has hit the skids in recent years....

I remember when he was at Huddersfield, and they had that amazing unbeaten run, his win rate as a manager, was around 48%...At that time he was being linked with about every job going!

Went to St Andrews and failed in the main...Win ratio was down to about 28%,,

Been absolute shilo at Blackpool, (which is hardly surprising), Won 3 of 30 odd games, so his success rate has plummeted by a further 20%,

Down to around 8-9%......Who the hell would take a chance on him now??

The record at Blackpool is nothing to be proud of, but you have to consider the circumstances (makeshift squad, lack of funds available, controversial owner, etc.).

I'm sure there are clubs and owners out there that are willing to look past that and focus on his more successful stints as a manager.

The record at Blackpool is nothing to be proud of, but you have to consider the circumstances (makeshift squad, lack of funds available, controversial owner, etc.).

I'm sure there are clubs and owners out there that are willing to look past that and focus on his more successful stints as a manager.

Agreed you can't really blame him at Blackpool, but he did a shocking job at Birmingham. I think people will rightly judge him on that.

At Huddersfield he spent plenty of money for that level and struggled to get them promoted.

Ipswich's side on paper is terrible.. How they got into the playoffs is a real testament to McCarthy

Cole Skuse, Luke Varney, Freddie Sears and Daryl Murphy all starting...

edit: Sears and Murphy have got 35 goals between them this season  :blink:

Ipswich's side on paper is terrible.. How they got into the playoffs is a real testament to McCarthy

edit: Sears and Murphy have got 35 goals between them this season :blink:

Can remember a few people saying the same about our side last season

Can remember a few people saying the same about our side last season

Who on earth said that!? Burnley maybe but we had a lot of quality 

That Ipswich side is full of Championship journeymen, the only one's we had that I can think of are Morgan and possibly Nugent and Schmeichel, both of which are very dubious

edit: Sears and Murphy have got 35 goals between them this season  :blink:

Another fine example of not needing a great squad filled with stars to get out of the division/to achieve well in the division.

Archived