Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Championship 2014/15

Definitely their year I think. In-fact I wouldn't rule out them spending the rest of the year in 1st. I'm convinced they're the best side in the league.

Them and Watford top two for me.

Easily. They should've got promoted last season to be fair.

Really don't know who I want to come up, providing we stay up. Watford's arrogance astounds me, for example there was a fan on 606 on the way back from Newcastle who, in all seriousness, said that they have a squad full of 'stars'.

Derby would be great for many reasons, a local derby in the Premier League, Forest fans would explode etc, but many of their fans also seem to think they are Brazil '70.

Forest just no on so many levels - the only positive being that it's a local derby, but we hardly tend to do well against them in recent times anyway, bar the obvious. Wouldn't have minded Sheffield Wednesday but they seem to have imploded in recent games. Still think Norwich and Wolves will be up there come the end of the season - I can see the top 6 being something like Watford, Derby, Norwich, Forest, Wolves and Cardiff.

Guest Col city fan

Though I hate to praise the dirty sheep shaggers lol Derby are doing everything right at present. They have developed their own good young side, haven't gone foe big names and have a great team spirit and work ethic. Like us last season for sure.

they do seem to be doing well tbf. can't say i watch the championship much anymore (why would you when you're not in it) but just looking at their results they seem like they've got it going on. grinding out 0-1s at blackpool late on, demolishing other teams etc. it's all there. hopefully something fúcks up. derby and schteve going up would be horrific. 

Schteve is ok, doesn't come across as bitter about previous jobs and actually went abroad to rebuild his career rather than griping about not being given another chance in England because he's a "proper football man, done the badges".

McClaren is one of the best English coaches about. And before people start... There's a difference between a coach and a manager.

Head hunted by SAF to be his number 2 for a good few seasons says it all.

McClaren is one of the best English coaches about. And before people start... There's a difference between a coach and a manager.

Head hunted by SAF to be his number 2 for a good few seasons says it all.

I actually do agree to be honest apart from the England and Forest stints he hasn't got a bad looking CV. Of course as mentioned worked along side Fergie as number two, did a great job Middlesbrough lead them to their first league cup and took them to a uefa cup final. FC Twente won them there first dutch title I believe. I think he also went to Wolfsberg didn't quite work out there but now at Derby and not doing bad. I think it boils down to the fact he took the England job way to earlier in his career and too many players looked at him as a coach rather than the boss. 

Aye, I'll actually be pleased for Derby if they do go up as they've done it the right way. 

It will also be incredibly funny if Nottingham 'World Famous Sleeping Giants' Forest end up all on their own in the Championship.

Just to confirm, Derby sit on 26 points after 13 games meaning they need 77 points from 33 games to top what we got. Winning 24, drawing 5 and losing 4 would give them that 77. They aren't doing that. Happy days.

A Derby fan at work thinks they'll beat our points total from last season. So I've had £20 with him that they don't, surely that's easy money for me.

A Derby fan at work thinks they'll beat our points total from last season. So I've had £20 with him that they don't, surely that's easy money for me.

Literally no chance. I'd be surprised if they got 90 but I'd like them to go up.

From the Nottingham Post:

NOTTINGHAM Forest are preparing themselves to face a transfer embargo in January – but it still remains unclear how strictly the Financial Fair Play rules will be enforced.

The Post understands the Championship club will far exceed the £8m of allowable losses for the 2013/14 season, following the Billy Davies reign – during which more than £5m was spent on the likes of Kelvin Wilson, Djamel Abdoun and Rafik Djebbour.

And it is likely they will face restrictions over the additions they can make when the transfer window opens as a result.

Manager Stuart Pearce today confirmed that the Reds are still looking to complete a permanent move for Jack Hunt from Crystal Palace, before any restrictions are put in place.

Although, crucially, it remains unclear precisely what those sanctions will be, with Football League clubs set to meet on November 6 to vote on numerous potential changes to the way FFP rules are enforced.

Many clubs are thought to favour a new set of guidelines that would fall more in line with rules implemented in the Premier League, which assess a club’s losses over a number of years, rather than just one season – although those changes may not come in to force until next summer, which could still leave Forest facing an embargo in January in the meantime.

Top flight clubs are in favour of the changes, as most believe it would be largely impossible for them to adhere to the current FFP guidelines following relegation.

But, in the meantime, Forest are preparing for all potential outcomes – and still hope to tie up a deal for Hunt prior to January, as a precaution.

“The situation with Jack Hunt remains an ongoing thing. If the valuation from Palace changes, we will act upon it. But the value they are talking at the minute – it would be ludicrous for me to ask the chairman to put his money to it,” said Pearce.

“I have spoken with Jack and his people and they are acutely aware of the situation. It is no reflection on them, it is just that the valuation they have put on him is too high.

“We do think about that (the impact of FFP rules). At this moment in time the Football League are talking about the situation and I believe there is a vote on it in early November.

“We will definitely know something then, with regards to that. I am kept informed by the chief executive about that.

“But we are aware of all the stipulations that could come in to play and we will have to deal with it. If an embargo does come our way, we will have to deal with that.”

Talk of an embargo may strike panic into many supporters, but even if they are hit by one, Forest are still very likely to be able to make new additions in January.

Clubs will be allowed to bring players in on a one-in, one-out basis, as long as the player they sign does not earn higher wages than the one they replace.

At this moment in time Forest have three high earners, in Greg Halford, Danny Collins and Abdoun, who are surplus to requirements and who, if moved on, would allow Pearce significant room to manoeuvre in the transfer market.

Yeah, there's (sadly) something really likeable about Derby at the moment. They're doing everything the right way. I don't think they've even conceded a goal in the last six. Very solid. Good, young, mainly British players who are working well as a team. Fair play to them.

Stuart Pearce loves his drive into the training ground

"My son came up to Nottingham for the first time this week. He came up with a friend to watch us training," said Pearce. "Within five minutes, driving along, I have shown him two football grounds – one the home of the oldest club in the world and the other the home of the club that is about to be European Champions in five years – and the cricket ground.

"It is a fantastic place, Nottingham."

"Talk of an embargo may strike panic into many supporters, but even if they are hit by one, Forest are still very likely to be able to make new additions in January."

Scary stuff.  :rolleyes: 

I think that means new manager to take over.

Archived