Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Championship 2014/15

In fairness, we haven't self-elected ourselves as champions and booked the open top bus.

Where does that come from anyway? Is it the ramblings of forum buffoons such as ourselves? Most of the Forest fans I speak to were all to aware of our short comings after the first game.

Where does that come from anyway? Is it the ramblings of forum buffoons such as ourselves? Most of the Forest fans I speak to were all to aware of our short comings after the first game.

Someone I work with said after about the 3rd game something like 'if we win the next game I reckon we'll walk the league' but that is literally the only person I've heard say anything and i've not read any of the sort.

That must have been before every team in league worked out that if they sit deep and get folk behind the ball Antonio and Britt will have no room to work in....also, something weird is happening with Fryatt where he's 'picked up a knock' and can't play for a month here and there. Which totally knackers our attacking play.

That must have been before every team in league worked out that if they sit deep and get folk behind the ball Antonio and Britt will have no room to work in....also, something weird is happening with Fryatt where he's 'picked up a knock' and can't play for a month here and there. Which totally knackers our attacking play.

Flat feet.

I watch Derby some games and seriously wonder how they manage to lose to sides like Charlton and Wigan.

To be fair we did similar last season, lost to Sheffield Wednesday, Doncaster, Charlton but then go on and give probably the best performance in the league by smashing Derby.

Charlton have hit out at the recent decision to amend to the Financial Fair Play rules, branding the changes "bitterly disappointing" and "staggering".

Championship clubs last week voted to increase the losses they allowed to incur to £13million a season, a move which has angered the Addicks who have strived to ensure their finances comply with the existing regulations.

David Joyes, Charlton's chief financial officer, said: "From next season onwards Championship clubs will be allowed to incur FFP losses that are more than double the level of allowable losses currently in place, with an increase to £13million per season.

"Given the FFP allowable loss already includes 'add-backs' for cost areas like fixed-asset depreciation and net expenditure on youth academy, allowable losses will actually be in the region of £15-£17million per season!

"This is staggering given the initial aim of FFP was to make the Championship a more financially stable environment and move clubs towards a break-even position.

"The vote last Thursday was a tight affair in the Championship, with a 75 per cent majority required of voting clubs to change the FFP rules. Eighteen out of 24 clubs voted in favour of the new rules, so the proposal scraped through.

"We, along with five other clubs, voted against the proposal as it represents a competitive disadvantage to ourselves who are looking to create a sustainable business model and minimise losses.

"All clubs must submit their FFP calculations by December 1 for the 2013/14 season so it will be interesting to see in the coming weeks how the Football League enforces the sanctions on those non-compliant clubs."

Archived