Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Championship 2014/15

I really don't understand how Wigan are struggling so badly, they have a good manager and a decent enough squad and I expected them to push on from last season.

Their start to the season was really strange but we've seen many teams lose in the play offs the season before and not recover.

didn't birmingham do pretty much the same thing (relegation with a cup, late play off push after going down then suddenly and mysteriously becoming huge relegation candidates) but then save themselves. wigan look long gone. might even finish below blackpool ffs. 

didn't birmingham do pretty much the same thing (relegation with a cup, late play off push after going down then suddenly and mysteriously becoming huge relegation candidates) but then save themselves. wigan look long gone. might even finish below blackpool ffs. 

I grew up in a time when teams like Wigan and Blackpool were regulars in the third or fourth tier of English football. I won't shed a tear when they're back on the level they've played at for most part of their history.

However, I do feel sorry for their fans.

Yes. And lost a lot of good/key players in the process. Mutch only went for £1million didn't he? Redmond went for £2million and they lost Butland (and Gardner?) too. Chris Hughton even moved on to Norwich after Lambert went to Villa.

I grew up in a time when teams like Wigan and Blackpool were regulars in the third or fourth tier of English football. I won't shed a tear when they're back on the level they've played at for most part of their history.

However, I do feel sorry for their fans.

Simon Grayson did so well with Blackpool. Winning promotion to the second tier before leaving to go to Leeds. It was set up well for the following manager imo, who eventually was Holloway. We know what happened. Mind you, Charlie Adam was instrumental in their season didn't he end up with 15+ goals from midfield?

Archived