Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Championship 2014/15

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31599718

im sorry but how is that not slander/liable by the cardiff board? i get their standpoint but they cant say that surely?! 

I doubt it would be considered defamation of character as the Wigan owners/Makaay would have to prove that it isn't true and that it was said to bring dafamation against their names/reputation. Dave Whealan doesn't need anyone's help in that.

I doubt it would be considered defamation of character as the Wigan owners/Makaay would have to prove that it isn't true and that it was said to bring dafamation against their names/reputation. Dave Whealan doesn't need anyone's help in that.

i see your point however that means i could just accuse you of being racist and you have to prove you are not. how do you prove something like that? 

me/you anyone could say "i am not racist" but be thinking other stuff.

one of them blurry lines i hate so much! 

also hate vincent tan with a passion (i await him taking me to court for racism) 

i see your point however that means i could just accuse you of being racist and you have to prove you are not. how do you prove something like that? 

me/you anyone could say "i am not racist" but be thinking other stuff.

one of them blurry lines i hate so much! 

also hate vincent tan with a passion (i await him taking me to court for racism) 

The law is a little unusual with things like that, mainly because of the Human Rights Act. You prevent somebody from claiming that and then people claim that it's preventing their freedom of expression etc, which is a little stupid. It more depends on whether it's stated as a fact or an accusation though, similar as to why the Police have to say 'on suspicion of' when they arrest somebody.

Seeing as Whealan has said somewhat controversial things, and Makaay's recent history, it'll probably go unnoticed. I'm with you on Vincent Tan though, don't particularly like Cardiff after the play offs etc so as long he's there i'm happy! 

Yep, they've both been charged for being racist so they would have to take it on the chin.

Although it's good to see that Tan is still a prize ****.

Yep, they've both been charged for being racist so they would have to take it on the chin.

Although it's good to see that Tan is still a prize ****.

if you check the article. both have been accused of being racist.

mckay is still under investigation

whealan was deemed not racist and "didn't mean to cause offence."

in my eyes thats both not racists in my eyes until someone says "this guy is a racist"

Archived