Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Championship 2014/15

After 35 games last year we had 80 points, 7 points clear of burnley in second and 17 points clear of Derby in 3rd with a game in hand. 17!! And I bet some still thought we'd **** it up.

Middlesbrough top after same amount of games with 66.

Is the league tougher this year or were we just so good?

we were ridiculously good. look at how good derby supposedly were last year until they came to the KP. craig bryson was being talked up as the new xavi, derby were going to steamroll us, then catch us, then win the premier league under schteevie mac. we literally laughed at them. 

qpr, arry, all them multi million pound signings. did the double over them and finished about 50 points ahead of them. 

there were the same amount of pretty good teams in last year's division, just this year there's no exceptional team to make them all look mediocre. 

Can only see Mahrez/Kramaric/Cambiasso leaving at the end of the season, surely no Prem clubs will want any of our other players?

I don't think Kramaric has done enough so far for teams to take notice of him. I can see him staying with us next year in the Championship.

I think the agents of Kramaric and Mahrez will engineer moves for them, maybe even Kasper too.

Cambiasso might stay dependant on other offers into coaching I reckon, James may attract a bit of interest from promoted teams.

Other than that we'll still have a strong core, defence would need an overall though.

Other than that we'll still have a strong core, defence would need an overall though.

hamer would be great in goal. 

moore will come back in, perhaps with morgan perhaps not. would probably need one new good centre half and one new back up, depending on the contract situation of upson, dunno where he's at. de laet is ready made to smash this league up, simpson wouldn't be wanted by anyone else. just left back that's a major issue, and if konch stays he's easily good enough for us in the championship, could do with some competition though unless nige plans on blooding some youth teamers. 

Can only see Mahrez/Kramaric/Cambiasso leaving at the end of the season, surely no Prem clubs will want any of our other players?

Ulloa has scored 7 (9 altogether?) in a poor side at the bottom of the league tbf. Right service and he'd have more, look at Charlie Austin.

Ulloa has scored 7 (9 altogether?) in a poor side at the bottom of the league tbf. Right service and he'd have more, look at Charlie Austin.

We aren't going to let him go for less than we bought him, I doubt someone will come in with a bid of £8 million

I think the agents of Kramaric and Mahrez will engineer moves for them, maybe even Kasper too.

Not sure any prem teams would want Kasper tbh, he's so out of his depth at the level, excellent Championship keeper, infact I'd probably want him back at no.1 in the Championship but in the Prem no no!

Strange that I'm happy with Hamer in the Prem (Who is not premier league quality but the best suited out of the 3 choices) but want Kasper in the Championship but that shows differences between the leagues.

As for engineering moves I think if I were one of many players quite clearly out of favours I'd be instructing my agent to engineer a move for me.

Hamer being one of those many players.

We'd have near to the same side as last time.

Kasper

De Laet/Simpson

Moore

Morgan?

New LB

Schlupp

Drinkwater

James

Mahrez/Albrighton

Vardy

Nugent/Ulloa

No reason why we shouldn't have a good go at an automatic promotion.

Guest ttfn

We'd have near to the same side as last time.

Kasper

De Laet/Simpson

Moore

Morgan?

New LB

Schlupp

Drinkwater

James

Mahrez/Albrighton

Vardy

Nugent/Ulloa

No reason why we shouldn't have a good go at an automatic promotion.

Except the team's confidence would have taken an absolutely huge battering and Drinkwater (and to a lesser extent Vardy and Nugent) will have barely played for a year.

We'll obviously be one of the favourites to come back up but I can see it taking a couple of years. Next time we should get promoted with a shit team that self-evidently needs wholesale improvements.

Except the team's confidence would have taken an absolutely huge battering and Drinkwater (and to a lesser extent Vardy and Nugent) will have barely played for a year.

We'll obviously be one of the favourites to come back up but I can see it taking a couple of years. Next time we should get promoted with a shit team that self-evidently needs wholesale improvements.

Maybe, but their confidence would have been shot to pieces after the Watford fiasco as well.

With the performance's put in and luck we haven't had I think there will be more a feeling of "unfinished business" in the core group of players if we go down.

You mean regards another crack at the premiership should we get bounce back up straight away?

No, **** em' they've had their chance of being premier league players and they've blown it, they are not of the quality it's as plain and simple as that.

I want this group here next year because we all know what they are capable of in the championship and there is no reason, no excuse why they should do well again, I also acknowledge there is no given right and guarantee we will bounce straight back, but the bottom line is as I say we know what they're capable of in the championship.

With that same phrase we all know what they're capable of in the premiership - not a lot.

Therefore should we go straight back up I want them replaced, or the majority replaced, now that is a risk I know but we cannot give these players another crack at it if the scenario of an instant return is the case, im sorry but we can't be sentimental about they've had their chance.

Maybe, but their confidence would have been shot to pieces after the Watford fiasco as well.

Different scenario really. Motivation is a very key reason to succeed in the Championship (lets be honest the quality of the league is largely awful), will some of them be as motivated as last time given how this year's gone?

They had a point to prove to the Championship after Watford. What do they have to prove at that level this time?

I'm not claiming that they won't walk it again as they might well do, but this season could break some of our players I worry.

What worries me more than anything is that if we're under Pearson, no matter what we do next season, I'm not going to be confident that he'd keep us up in 16/17. We were the best side the Championship has had in years last season. Same number of points as Newcastle who were blatantly too good for that level. We should not have ended up in this position in March.

You mean regards another crack at the premiership should we get bounce back up straight away?

No, **** em' they've had their chance of being premier league players and they've blown it, they are not of the quality it's as plain and simple as that.

I want this group here next year because we all know what they are capable of in the championship and there is no reason, no excuse why they should do well again, I also acknowledge there is no given right and guarantee we will bounce straight back, but the bottom line is as I say we know what they're capable of in the championship.

With that same phrase we all know what they're capable of in the premiership - not a lot.

Therefore should we go straight back up I want them replaced, or the majority replaced, now that is a risk I know but we cannot give these players another crack at it if the scenario of an instant return is the case, im sorry but we can't be sentimental about they've had their chance.

Because players don't improve and this group hasn't the self-desire to do so and prove people like yourself wrong? I still believe in this squad and the attitude Nigel has created within it rather than the Harry Redknapp big money, squad replacement method that you seem to want the club to foster.

Because players don't improve and this group hasn't the self-desire to do so and prove people like yourself wrong? I still believe in this squad and the attitude Nigel has created within it rather than the Harry Redknapp big money, squad replacement method that you seem to want the club to foster.

For the god knows how many times nothing would please me more than them proving me wrong, I know improvement takes time but they aren't learning from simple mistakes part of an improvement process over a season, what's taking them so long on that front?

Also i'm sure they have self desire, I have self desire to be a better person, a better footballer than I am (I'm god awful may I add) but at the end of the day I don't have the quality, any quality at all, no matter how much self desire I have i'm not gonna be any better, obviously the players are alot better than me but they aren't premier league quality and strongly doubt they ever will be, not matter how much self desire, as I say though nothing would please me more than them proving me wrong.

Caught the end of it. Cook's goal was brilliant.

Not sure whether Bournemouth would survive in the Prem. Their fans certainly think they're Barca reborn, but I can see them doing a Leicester.

They certainly wouldn't have scored any of those 5 in the Prem.

Archived