Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Championship 2014/15

A Watford football fan is in a critical condition after being attacked by a gang in Wolverhampton on Saturday.

The 44-year-old was with a group of friends making his way to the railway station to return to Hemel Hempstead after a match at Molineux stadium.

They were attacked in Littles Lane at about 17:00 GMT, West Midlands Police said.

Det Sgt Adam Keen said the group was "completely outnumbered" and the man was left with a severe head injury.

He is currently in hospital with what the force described as "life-threatening injuries".

"His family have been informed and we are in the process of taking statements from witnesses and locating any CCTV which might have captured those responsible for the attack," Det Sgt Keen said.

He appealed for anyone with information on the attack to come forward.

The Championship match between Wolves and Watford finished in a 2-2 draw.

Wolves Chief Executive Jez Moxey said the club were "deeply saddened" to hear about the attack and their thoughts were with the supporter and his family.

"As a club we deplore any violence in or around football matches, and we will work closely with the relevant authorities to help bring the perpetrator, or perpetrators, to justice," he said.

cowards.

MAIN-Main-takes-his-dog-to-the-football.

LEADS UNITED lol

Reminds me of the chant me and my mate made up for dogs on the way back from Sheffield United a few years back (to the tune of Anarchy in the UK):

I am a fvcking dog

I bark at you a lot

I know what I want and I know how to get it

I wanna chase cats around the tree

Coz IIIIIII wanna eeeeeat Pedigree

LEADS UNITED lol

Reminds me of the chant me and my mate made up for dogs on the way back from Sheffield United a few years back (to the tune of Anarchy in the UK):

I am a fvcking dog

I bark at you a lot

I know what I want and I know how to get it

I wanna chase cats around the tree

Coz IIIIIII wanna eeeeeat Pedigree

Sounds like a fun train journey lol

Ian Holloway sacked as Millwall manager after 14 months

Championship strugglers Millwall have sacked manager Ian Holloway.

The 51-year-old, who was appointed in January 2014, had his contract terminated with the Lions second from bottom after five defeats in six games.

Ex-Millwall striker Neil Harris will take charge for the rest of the season.

"This was a hard decision to take because we very much hoped that Ollie would prove to be the man to take us forward and on to the next level," said chairman John Berylson.

"I would like to thank him for his efforts, and in particular for keeping us in the Championship last May.

"This season, though, has proved to be an extremely challenging one and we now find ourselves facing another uphill battle to avoid relegation.

"The decision to part company at this stage is in the best interests of the football club going forward."

Ian Holloway's Millwall record

Played: 62

Won: 14

Drawn: 19

Lost: 29

Former Queens Park Rangers, Blackpool and Crystal Palace boss Holloway took over last season following the departure of Steve Lomas.

The Lions were 21st in the table at the time and he guided them to 19th place, avoiding relegation by four points.

The club made an encouraging start to this campaign, winning three and drawing one of their first five Championship matches, but have since dropped down the table after picking up just three wins since October.

Harris scored 138 goals across two spells at The Den and had been coaching Millwall's under-21 side, having returned to the south London club under Lomas in June 2013.

The 37-year-old had a brief spell in caretaker charge of the Lions after Lomas was sacked in December 2013, drawing one and losing two games.

"I am confident that Millwall fans will give him every support over the next couple of months as we strive to turn our current run of form around," Berylson added.

No mention of his flop with us.

Archived