Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Vichai Has Big Plans.

A very well reasoned point by a cardiff city fan well done to you sir.

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=141711

Re: Foxes top five ?

icon_post_target.gifby Bellamys barmy army Â» Sun May 18, 2014 4:58 am

I like the way this owner operates. 

1) He has bought Nigel Pearson time, he has given him a 3 year plan, so if he just keeps them up next year people the owner has told in this country and his own have been told he wants top 5 in 3 years giving Pearson time to develop and invest in the team.

2) He has said £180 million in 3 years, if they don't get relegated in the next 3 years, move up the table and the money in table rights they will earn around £180 million in 3 years, and over that 3 years they can replace players not good enough with players better than they already have, 11 players over 3 year period at an average of £16.5 million is a brand new team with the value ore than good enough to challenge for the title. Obviously when you take wages and things into account it would be those sort of payments but you get the idea with that money you can build a squad over 3 years if you buy right.

3) He can't lose, if he does invest the money and Leicester don't make top 5 in 3 years he can sack or blame Pearson providing he invest, if the first year they get relegated the parachute payments will cover any losses because they didn't buy big this summer, and if they stay in the premier league and next year he can make a profit he will sell.

It's great P.R by the owner if you ask me

Personally I think top 5 is a little too ambitious. .

But thinking about it if we go survive season one.. top ten finish and a cup season two to attract a better calibre of player for season three in Europe and with the right style of play and attitude maybe we cud finish top 5/6 in the third...

if this was to happen.. in the age of ffp etc this would be one of the greatest achievements in football for years

we finally have a club where all parties seem to agree on targets and the running of the club so you never know

lets just enjoy our first PL season for ten years and have faith we can establish ourselves

• 1 year later...

From the moment of the 3-0 loss at home to Millwall in October 2011, I don't think these owners have made a single bad call. Make no mistake, their composure in decision making and making those decisions at the right time have contributed a lot to the state of the club currently. How much luck has been involved remains to be seen but bloody hell we're lucky.  

• 3 months later...

Archived