Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Vichai Has Big Plans.

I didnt like that bbc interview. Made us sound deluded, I would say at least 6 years in the prem until europe could even be a possibility.

Every owner says the same thing. Except Burnley, they'll try to get into europe spending £5 then complain when they lose.

ayy

Well, it's nice to be ambitious, but I hope they don't get deluded to the point where Nigel is under pressure. The top 5 is well beyond us in the next 3 years, and for the forseeable future.

Taking us to the Premier League is great but it was always a realistic target, this isn't.

That post isn't even slightly embarrassing.

No mate, but when we were down the pub yesterday watching the match I said to him about Vichai planning for top 5 and Steve said about this thread and that there were probably stupid posts from one or both of us in it.

Hope that's OK with you.  :)

No mate, but when we were down the pub yesterday watching the match I said to him about Vichai planning for top 5 and Steve said about this thread and that there were probably stupid posts from one or both of us in it.

Hope that's OK with you. :)

Yep all gravy Mark :)

Just goes to show how utterly obsurd our achievements are this season... Champions League next year lol lol

Hope that's OK with you.  :)

Sorry, just seemed an odd post to pick up on without that context.

In the owners, I trust.

Not only do they ant us to cement our place in the Premiership they want to build, literally, on the success of this season. They are a refreshing change to many overseas owners many of whom are just in it to make money and nothing else. And would they have bought a Premiership Club for £40M 4 years ago, I think not.

These people aren't stupid, they saw the potential and the fact we were heading in the right direction after the unfortunate Mandaric years of relegation and playing in the third tier.

Vichai and his family are forward thinking and looking ahead. My only regret is they didn't buy us earlier.

It's reassuring that at least someone  reads the quote... and even more reassuring that our owner has some purposeful objectives. I'm impressed with the guy's ambition and all that's been done so far to underline it and have never understood why Leicester can't compete for a place at the highest levels. It'll take a lot of nerve and commitment. It will take a lot of good decisions. But it can be done. It can't be done on a shoestring but success is still about putting an effective team together rather than just spending money - and about providing the infrastructure together to facilitate such a team. I've seen some remarkable achievements over the years, by clubs and individuals. Good luck to the guy. If you don't live your dreams you don't live at all.      

HAHA POST OF THE THREAD  :appl:

Not gonna happen, but if it does I guarantee Pearson won't be our manager in 3 years time.

We are looking at, probably spending 80-90 million in one season somewhere down the line  :o

It looks intriguing now, but within 3 years it could be an absolute disaster.

HAHA LUV THAT..

Archived