Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Vichai Has Big Plans.

Signing quality players as a newly promoted club is difficult and the natural assumption is that you're going down which leads to clubs having to sign premier league journey men. Showing ambition will let prospective targets know we mean business, that we are a club planning to go places which will hopefully tempt them to join. As for clubs holding us to ransom, under Pearson I don't think that will happen. It's an incredibly difficult target to achieve but everything how the club is run suggests we aren't planning on scraping for survival year on year.

If I remember correctly when they first came they stated that premier league consolidation, and then progression from there was their target. If they have plans for redeveloping the kp than they need the club to continue to improve and challenge in the top half of the table.

Great to see some ambition with the promise of funds to achieve it, won't be easy but if you dream big you never know.

Top 5 pursuit will begin in 2/3 years time. Meaning in 4/5 years time they want to see us pushing on with intent.

This doesn't change our objective of surviving in the Premier League next season.

It's reassuring that at least someone  reads the quote... and even more reassuring that our owner has some purposeful objectives. I'm impressed with the guy's ambition and all that's been done so far to underline it and have never understood why Leicester can't compete for a place at the highest levels. It'll take a lot of nerve and commitment. It will take a lot of good decisions. But it can be done. It can't be done on a shoestring but success is still about putting an effective team together rather than just spending money - and about providing the infrastructure together to facilitate such a team. I've seen some remarkable achievements over the years, by clubs and individuals. Good luck to the guy. If you don't live your dreams you don't live at all.      

180m over three seasons? So spending around 60 million per season ;)

Or 30 million the first season - 12-14th place finish

60 million the next season - 8th-12th place finish

90 million the third season - 5th -8th place finish

:pearson:

I'd be delighted if this could be achieved, just don't want us to do a "Pompey" in achieving it. To still have LCFC around in 10 years time still in the EPL would be nice, don't want Forest as the biggest club nearest to me!

NP is ambitious as well if you look at some of his interviews he isn't content with just survival in the prem he wants us to achieve far more than that, it is good that both the owners and the manager want to be successful and I think we can.

see the jealously arising

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/230674/leicester-top-5-2017

I didnt like that bbc interview. Made us sound deluded, I would say at least 6 years in the prem until europe could even be a possibility.

Every owner says the same thing. Except Burnley, they'll try to get into europe spending £5 then complain when they lose.

Guest Kopfkino

Ambition is good but that's too ambitious and cue the accusations of being like Cardiff and QPR

see the jealously arising

Jealousy of what... we've done **** all yet.

Ambition is one thing, internally it's fine. Blabbering about it to the press is another, it makes us look a bit deluded.

Jealousy of what... we've done **** all yet.

Ambition is one thing, internally it's fine. Blabbering about it to the press is another, it makes us look a bit deluded.

Agree to some extent, but it could also be a way of attracting players to the club?

It also gets people talking about us who wouldn't be normally. They are trying to make us a global brand.

I'd say establishing ourselves as a top ten side in three years would be a more realistic goal. If you look at the current top 7 teams - Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton, Spurs and Man United - can you really see us dislodging any of those in three years? I highly doubt it.

Although, if the Thais and Pearson can deliver on their ambitions, then this is going to be a hell of a time to be a Leicester fan.

Agree to some extent, but it could also be a way of attracting players to the club?

It also gets people talking about us who wouldn't be normally. They are trying to make us a global brand.

Well doesn't all of that sound very Sven era? "Ooooh Leicester are going to spend shit loads of case lets rinse them for every penny."

I'd say establishing ourselves as a top ten side in three years would be a more realistic goal. If you look at the current top 7 teams - Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton, Spurs and Man United - can you really see us dislodging any of those in three years? I highly doubt it.

Although, if the Thais and Pearson can deliver on their ambitions, then this is going to be a hell of a time to be a Leicester fan.

As Thrac pointed out there are several versions floating about, the bangkok post one (the people he actually spoke to I'd imagine) said two or three years of try to establish ourselves and then pushing on to bigger things.

He just wants to be successful. 

As others have said get established, then push on. It is a big ask but if you don't have ambition you don't get anywhere! 

very true - and I guess you get to be a billionaire (or whatever - certainly extremely wealthy) by being aspirational and  not fearing failure

Also the BBC have sensationalised this

“My goal is for Leicester to stay in the Premier League as long as possible. We should be able to stay there for at least two or three years and then my next goal will be taking the team to the top five... 

Please credit and share this article with others using this link:http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/sports/409485/leicester-city-desperate-to-capitalise. View our policies at http://goo.gl/9HgTd and http://goo.gl/ou6Ip. © Post Publishing PCL. All rights reserved.

He doesn't say we will be in the top 5 in 3 years,

Well doesn't all of that sound very Sven era? "Ooooh Leicester are going to spend shit loads of case lets rinse them for every penny."

It does to some extent. I don't think we are going to be spending stupid amounts of money on players with no sell on value though.

Well I guess NP is stupid as well...

The former Sheffield Wednesday and Middlesbrough defender shared Virat's optimism.

"We have to be adaptable when we play big teams. But, the important thing is we're going with a belief that we can achieve," he said after showing off the Championship trophy to fans in the Thai capital.

(1)"I want to set high standards for ourselves. The next challenge for us as a club is to establish ourselves in the EPL.

(2)"We're not going to make up the numbers. We want to be competitive. We've tasted success now. It's important we continue to improve everything about ourselves. So, we can challenge for the top five.

(3)"But, of course, one step at the time. The boys are really looking forward to playing with some of the best teams in the world."

Archived