Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Vichai Has Big Plans.

Well doesn't all of that sound very Sven era? "Ooooh Leicester are going to spend shit loads of case lets rinse them for every penny."

except that when the negotiations start I suspect if he had all the money in the world to spend, Nigel's values would not allow him to waste money or overpay for players  whereas Sven would just keep trying to buy Maynard !

Don't get why some people are going off the deep end and getting annoyed. It's good to be ambitious - if people in charge of the club didn't want to move forward and aim to win the league, trophies, be the best etc. then I'd be pissed off. The fact that they've come out and said this is gives me optimism for the future. They've done everything right since getting NP back in and setting lofty goals should spur everyone on at the club to work harder and perform better.

And for anyone saying it can't be done - didn't Man City get taken over in 2005, spend £100m and get 5th...?

:nigel:

Pretty much confirms Pearson will be sacked if we're not doing too well come Christmas.

Pearson's looking to gradually build a squad, yet this interview implies that the owners just want to do another Sven era and force us up the league. Makes us look deluded too. Can't see this this ending well at all.

He's pretty much saying what a lot on here have said. I know a lot of people of mentioned how we should aim to stay in the league for a few years and build, and why not? He wants the club to succeed and has ambition for it, not just stay there and milk it as long as he can as a bottom half team.

At the same time he's given Nige three seasons to survive and consolidate, which is fair play to me. Gives Pearson plenty of time to build and evaluate the team before pushing on. It's not like its a trademark Tan sack 'your manager even when you're outside the relegation places' job either.

All in all, I'd say its a fair offer. I'd imagine Nige and Vichai have talked through it while he's been over there as well. Very happy with the way this club is going!

Pretty much confirms Pearson will be sacked if we're not doing too well come Christmas.

Pearson's looking to gradually build a squad, yet this interview implies that the owners just want to do another Sven era and force us up the league. Makes us look deluded too. Can't see this this ending well at all.

Eh?! Talk about adding two plus two and getting five...

Read what he actually said. He wants to establish us for 2-3 years, then make a push for the top 5.

That's very different to how some are interpreting it on here.

It's good to have ambition, show me any billionaire in the world that accepts 'mediocrity' without aiming higher. There's a reason these guys have had the success they've had.

I suggest you have not read what he says. :thumbup:

But we won't take the huge leap to challenge the league's top five clubs immediately. Do we have a chance to beat them? Yes, we have, but I think we need to establish our foothold in the league first and then we think about our next step.

From reading it, Vichai wants us to be challenging in four to five years, Pearson wants to be challenging but hasn't set a time frame.

They might be getting a little carried away but I'd rather hear this than be happy with 16th or 17th each year and taking the money.

Crazy thing to say and rather worryingly gives the lie to all those "Leicester's owners rewarded for their patience" type headlines when we first got promoted. We're back in Sven-land where money's no object, patience counts for nothing and humility gets you under-rated. Far more sensible to talk nonsense about surviving in the most competitive league in the world whiie reinforcing the team than telling the whole world you're aiming for top five. That will be thrown back at us in every bad patch, after every poor performance and result next season. Very ill-advised. 

He's pretty much saying what a lot on here have said. I know a lot of people of mentioned how we should aim to stay in the league for a few years and build, and why not? He wants the club to succeed and has ambition for it, not just stay there and milk it as long as he can as a bottom half team.

At the same time he's given Nige three seasons to survive and consolidate, which is fair play to me. Gives Pearson plenty of time to build and evaluate the team before pushing on. It's not like its a trademark Tan sack 'your manager even when you're outside the relegation places' job either.

All in all, I'd say its a fair offer. I'd imagine Nige and Vichai have talked through it while he's been over there as well. Very happy with the way this club is going!

Quite.

Crazy thing to say and rather worryingly gives the lie to all those "Leicester's owners rewarded for their patience" type headlines when we first got promoted. We're back in Sven-land where money's no object, patience counts for nothing and humility gets you under-rated. Far more sensible to talk nonsense about surviving in the most competitive league in the world whiie reinforcing the team than telling the whole world you're aiming for top five. That will be thrown back at us in every bad patch, after every poor performance and result next season. Very ill-advised. 

Please re-read the articles. :thumbup:

And for anyone saying it can't be done - didn't Man City get taken over in 2005, spend £100m and get 5th...?

Man City were bought out in 2008 by their current owners and went from being a consistent 14/15th finishing team to 5th then 4th the next season and have been top 4 ever since.

It can be done but it's important we focus on being an established EPL team over the next couple of years for me then push on.

BBC have put a big spin on that. it was establish and then push on. Not top 5 in 3 years. Bad sensationalism, but typical of modern media.  

Personally there is nothing wrong with ambition but first off lets establish ourselves. A lot of owners have made themselves look rather silly with over ambitions comments. Venkys, Tan, The 4 year plan gang etc.

in 3 year’s time I'd love to be in the position Southampton are currently in. Comfortably midtable, they play good football and they develop their own, who in turn are getting international recognition. Once you get to that point it can go one of two ways. If Southampton keep the team together and continue adding who's to say they can't move up a step and compete with Spurs and Everton. Or they'll get picked off by the big clubs and Lalana will go to Liverpool and Shaw will go to Man U. If we ever get to that point then we'll see how ambitious we are.

Do you think Sky and the Beeb and the Daily Rag will be studiously picking over the quotes ensuring that they get the nuance and balance right in their reporting, as the season progresses?  Oh hang on he actually said x but he did qualify it by saying y? Or do you think it more likely that it'll be - "Leicester might have pretensions to be in the top five, but today they sit 20th without a point to their name...- that £180-million hasn't got them very far at all.." Do it how we did last season, quietly, efficiently and without hype.."

Oh dear, this is going to be a disaster.

How will it?

This isn't the Sven era where we go shit crazy, under NP we have been very calculated but now he has the money to bring in a better calibre of players his philosophy and ethos of the type of players to bring in who want to play for Leicester City and have the right attitude will remain the same. But he and Vichai want Leicester City to be successful in the upper echelons of the league.

How will it?

This isn't the Sven era where we go shit crazy, under NP we have been very calculated but now he has the money to bring in a better calibre of players his philosophy and ethos of the type of players to bring in who want to play for Leicester City and have the right attitude will remain the same. But he and Vichai want Leicester City to be successful in the upper echelons of the league.

It's going to be a disaster because we're probably going to have to pay teams/agents/players a lot more than we would have had to.

Archived