Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Vichai Has Big Plans.

No-one's said we're going to do it in three, not even the chairman - despite what you think. It's obvious we want to spend the next three years consolidating before pressing onwards. What exactly is wrong with that? Do you not think Everton's model is a good one to follow?

There's no need to bolden parts of your post either, I can read perfectly well.

Are you sure?

"Srivaddhanaprabha added: "I am asking for three years, and we'll be there.

There’s nothing wrong with ambition.  Publically declaring your ambition in front of your rivals is boastful. 

As others have said, this statement can only drive up the price of our transfer targets. For that reason it’s daft.

It can only make other clubs more determined to beat us next season. For that reason it’s stupid.

There may be benefits, ie in driving up interest in Thailand. But I’d rather we focus on establishing ourselves as a Premiership side before we start bragging to everyone that we’re gonna do what Newcastle and Aston Villa have never been able to do.

If you work with supporters of other clubs, chances are they've already had a laugh at your expense today.

My memory takes me back to when both Leeds and Liverpool were both second division sides, but when promoted went right to the top along with the big boys.

With ambition, money and good management a top ten, then top five finish can be achieved. It will take time, but it CAN be achieved.

Are you sure?

There’s nothing wrong with ambition.  Publically declaring your ambition in front of your rivals is boastful. 

As others have said, this statement can only drive up the price of our transfer targets. For that reason it’s daft.

It can only make other clubs more determined to beat us next season. For that reason it’s stupid.

There may be benefits, ie in driving up interest in Thailand. But I’d rather we focus on establishing ourselves as a Premiership side before we start bragging to everyone that we’re gonna do what Newcastle and Aston Villa have never been able to do.

If you work with supporters of other clubs, chances are they've already had a laugh at your expense today.

1. It's not boastful, it's ambition or misguided excitement. He hasn't named any clubs specifically that want to outspend or blow out of the water.

2. The £180 million is not an exact figure. We may spend more, we may spend less. We'll probably get some income from player sales, so I doubt it will be all of the owner's money.

3. If they want to have a laugh, let them. From what I've read (in the articles, not the headlines), the chairman wants stability, establishment then progression. Just that the ceiling is higher than most clubs would publically say. We will give it a go, but I doubt that our long term ambition is much different to many other clubs.

1. It's not boastful, it's ambition or misguided excitement. He hasn't named any clubs specifically that want to outspend or blow out of the water.

2. The £180 million is not an exact figure. We may spend more, we may spend less. We'll probably get some income from player sales, so I doubt it will be all of the owner's money.

3. If they want to have a laugh, let them. From what I've read (in the articles, not the headlines), the chairman wants stability, establishment then progression. Just that the ceiling is higher than most clubs would publically say. We will give it a go, but I doubt that our long term ambition is much different to many other clubs.

OK. I am prepared to give Vichai the benefit of the doubt and agree that it's  "misguided excitement".

It does make mewonder though how he ever got anywhere in business.

Vichai:  "I have got £180m to spend!!" How much does that player cost?"

Agent: "Erm, he's £180m please"

Straight out of the Rodney Trotter school of wheelin and dealin...

Are you sure?

There’s nothing wrong with ambition. Publically declaring your ambition in front of your rivals is boastful.

There was nothing boastful at all about the original article which appeared in The Bangkok Post - the sensationalised version on the BBC site maybe - but that's the UK sports press for you, you seem to prefer the sensationalist stuff. As the old adage goes, 'don't believe everything you read'.

Read the original article again. There's no mention of spending hundreds of millions to make the too five within three years. All Vichai is doing is laying out his plan for the future of Leicester City - and it's a very ambitious plan too. In the original article he talks about consolidating over three years before beginning the process of attempting to challenge for the top 5. Nothing wrong at all with that in my opinion.

And I work with Villa fans, Forest fans, Cardiff fans and Norwich fans. They've tried to have a laugh at my expense today - but I can guarantee you I've had a bigger laugh at theirs. Do you think I give a toss what other clubs think of us? I'm extremely happy we've got owners who have a strong, clear approach and strategy in mind for the football club and who aren't afraid to show a bit of ambition.

But you're right, maybe we should just be content with whatever scraps the big boys are willing to throw us, and we should just be grateful that we're allowed to grace the same pitches as them?

Pearson and our owners are sending out the message that we don't want to just make up the numbers, and I say good.

Why cant we just be pleased we have a good side, a good manager and owners who are prepared to back us!?

I'm looking forward to the summer and the possible new signings, the release of the Premiership fixture list with Leicester back in it and I will have my 'City rose-coloured glasses' firmly on until something happens to bring me back down to earth!!

:yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo: 

Why cant we just be pleased we have a good side, a good manager and owners who are prepared to back us!?

I'm looking forward to the summer and the possible new signings, the release of the Premiership fixture list with Leicester back in it and I will have my 'City rose-coloured glasses' firmly on until something happens to bring me back down to earth!!

:yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo: 

Why can't we all just write in the same font size?

I like seeing the ambition from the owners but comments like that have been made to early. We've only just kicked the last ball of this season. Target next year is to stay up in as healthy a position as possible. Top 5 realistically is not achievable for another 6-7 years at least and that's with a huge budget. It's got other teams fans backs up a little bit and we are now being compared to Cardiff and QPR - which we know we certainly arn't but they don't - and could be seen as a dangerous comment to make. It's bold but so far Vichai and Top have played their cards well. Let's hope such a media statement was the right thing to do.

• bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 1,355 posts

Posted Today, 04:07 PM

Singha Beer Is Good!, on 13 May 2014 - 5:05 PM, said:snapback.png

:yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo: 

• rep_up.png
  •  
I don't know!  :P 

What a load of bollox this thread is.The owner has said nothing of any importance and now we have the usual "we're doomed!" and "we're a laughing stock" type over reaction. Get a fcking grip.

What a load of bollox this thread is.The owner has said nothing of any importance and now we have the usual "we're doomed!" and "we're a laughing stock" type over reaction. Get a fcking grip.

What the owners have actually said isn't really that relevant to the perception other clubs fans will have of us. They'll read the headline and we'll be a laughing stock. It just comes down to whether you care about that.

They have got lucky as well as they wouldn't have been allowed to do what they did under FFP if they were just starting now anyway.

We certainly won't be allowed to spend 300million even if we wanted too.

If the 300 million wass injected as equity and not a loan then we're still within FFP aren't we?

The Fiver lol

Leicester's chairman, Vichai Sriba … hang on … Vichai Srivaddhan … ah shi … here we go … Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, has backed the club to make the dizzy heights of Big Vase in three years. "It will take a huge amount of money, possibly 10 billion Thai baht [£180m], to get there. But that doesn't put us off," he whooped, setting off FFP alarms in Uefa offices.

<p><p>

• bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 1,355 posts

Posted Today, 04:07 PM

Singha Beer Is Good!, on 13 May 2014 - 5:05 PM, said:snapback.png

• rep_up.png

I don't know! :P

Ken?

Guest Kopfkino

I'm assuming this 180 million is just on players. To be a top 6 side and consistently pushing then revenue streams will have to be increased, at which point it'd probably have become worthwhile extending the ground etc. Also further considerable investment in other facilities and the academy would be needed, all of which will add a fair bit onto the 180.

Obviously if the investment comes and some success is achieved, then exciting times are coming and it'll also be interesting to watch.

We get a lot of money for being in the prem anyway, so it is hardly an unrealistic amount to be spending over so many years. Will be exciting to just see how much of the war chest Pearson wants to use, doesn't come across has a manager who will spend big but I'm sure if he did he wouldn't waste it on rubbish

Archived