Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Vichai Has Big Plans.

About £180m

I've said this before in the 'I've just bought a really expensive jet' thread. I thought we'd not see our Thai lads flashing their cash, and certainly not making the whopping silliness of telling everyone what they have to spend before they've spent it...again.

Lo and behold what do I read today? Pearson and Walsh must be sighing long and loud, and rubbing their heads, now that every agent and his uncle, adds zeros to their clients' demands.

Exciting stuff and it's nice to hear, lots and lots of ambition, serious ambition.

A couple of fears that a bred by it though - 3 years is a very short time frame and I hope this project isn't rushed, I think it could take up to double that amount of time to 'do it properly' obviously asap will be better though, another thing the mention of money, I hope they don't think it is as simple as throwing money at it because we all know how that doesn't necessarily work.

But I applaud their ambitions and really hope we follow it all through and despite my minor fears above I think they will do it the right way, they haven't put a foot wrong yet and I see no reason why they should start now.

What a load of bollox this thread is.The owner has said nothing of any importance and now we have the usual "we're doomed!" and "we're a laughing stock" type over reaction. Get a fcking grip.

Revealing that you want to get into the top five is a big statement to be making IMO. Even if it is a long term goal it's still quite something to be aiming for. I'm not bothered by the emotional reaction as that's to be expected, I just don't see this as just a throwaway comment.

Guest Kopfkino

You tend to find Liverpool and Everton fans take more interest in football as a whole rather than be insular in their little PL world

OK. I am prepared to give Vichai the benefit of the doubt and agree that it's  "misguided excitement".

It does make mewonder though how he ever got anywhere in business.

Vichai:  "I have got £180m to spend!!" How much does that player cost?"

Agent: "Erm, he's £180m please"

Straight out of the Rodney Trotter school of wheelin and dealin...

How much is Vichai worth and how much is the Agent worth? I would suggest Vichai knows more about "wheelin and dealin". :rolleyes:

Fans that actually know the facts about Leicester?

My God.

Well informed and somewhat intelligent I'd say, I think most big clubs fans follow football with more interest than just the game being played.

Those Stokie fans seem the opposite to the reds to me.

Well informed and somewhat intelligent I'd say, I think most big clubs fans follow football with more interest than just the game being played.

Those Stokie fans seem the opposite to the reds to me.

Are you serious? The top 4 have some of the least knowledgeable fans around!

Setting the bar ambitiously is the work of a business man. I am actually of the opinion that the fact that the owners are ventilating their ambitions should be be taken positively by all. Should the ambition of "survival" be our only focus? Or is it better with ambitions and (maybe) high targets. I think not, and if we meet the high expectations we are in for a massive ride for LCFC. 

We have for too long been content (or have had to live with lower performances than expected and hoped for) and its refreshing to see the owners having even higher aims. Fancy European trips, playing the best sides in the country on equal (financial) terms must excite ANY fan. Times are a changing and it is so cool being part of it.

Pressure yes - but that is part of the game and if we can´t handle it then lets stay in The Championship. I for one cannot wait to see the development of City after decades of bad performances and negativity. 

Up the Blues and fear no one!

Well, it's nice to be ambitious, but I hope they don't get deluded to the point where Nigel is under pressure. The top 5 is well beyond us in the next 3 years, and for the forseeable future.

Taking us to the Premier League is great but it was always a realistic target, this isn't.

this - must say this is the 1st time i've winced a little at a quote from our owners. good to be ambitious but 1 step at a time. not sure NP would've wanted this and selling clubs are surely gonna hold out for more ££ now.

Sounds to me like he picked out a round number. I think his point was, they will be willing to spend money in the long term, rather than saying "we're going to spend x amount".

Unless you actually see the interview it's difficult to know what was said and in what context. It's very easy to cobble together a load of quotes and make it look like they how they have.

Archived